Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

why girls are better then boys at handstand presses?

DiTi

Mikael Kristiansen

It isnt. It is individual. Body structure, "talent"(previous experience carryover, etc.)and training is what matters. Women have a tendency to be more flexible and press handstand is very dependent on active mobility, so I suppose this is what you are referring to. Pike and straddle matter, but open shoulders matter even more. However there is still strength balance and skill involved in handstand presses and there are very few who can do it without a substantial degree of training, regardless of ***. 

I know some female dancers who were capable of straddle pressing without being able to balance in handstand. They had extremely good active straddles and pancakes along with close to hypermobile shoulders so that when they leaned onto their arms and straddled they had next to no weight outside their bodyline. 

The only person I have seen do a pike press with good form on his first attempt was an extremely muscular pole vaulting guy. He had good shoulders, was very strong and had excellent body awareness.

• Upvote 1