Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Handstands - palm and finger positions

Jonathan Solis

Connor Davies

Safe?  Sure.

Some people do it to get more grip, but I can't vouch for it's transferability to more difficult hand balances.

• Upvote 1

Jonathan Solis

ok thanks, just what i needed to know... from watching a handbalancer performing an act like this, it does seem more demanding.

Mikael Kristiansen

Some do that, but unless that is what feels natural for you to do i wouldnt recommend it. There are a couple of very good balancers who do it, but I dont know their reasons to do so. I suppose it feels more efficient for them. I know one girl who does it because she has so flexible wrists that her fingers tend to slide under her hand if she has a regular grip. 

• Upvote 1

Connor Davies

makes sense, i ask because i get wrist and forearm trouble with the flat palm grip

Chances are you haven't adequately prepared your wrists and forearms.  Do you have H1?  The wrist prep alone is worth the price tag.

Jonathan Solis

Chances are you haven't adequately prepared your wrists and forearms.  Do you have H1?  The wrist prep alone is worth the price tag.

yup thats most likely the issue at hand (no pun intended). no i dont have H1... been holding off but i suppose its a necessary investment