Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Movement Series Release

Mitchell Rabushka

Scott Pelton-Stroud

I am flying to Arizona, finding Coach's gym, and starting an ABH-athon in protest.

Jon Douglas

Gotta admit I'm very curious what could have taken precedence over this.

(No sense complaining guys, we're just gonna have to share ideas and programming to up the standard of the Dynamic forum until we get more sweet, sweet programming from the source)

• Upvote 1

Scott Malin

I'm curious about why anything would need to be pushed back. In the Curriculum page, coach says that most of the courses are already filmed and photoed. Why would the making or release of a new product have any effect on something else? Unless certain moves or exercises have certain prereqs that are only available in as of yet unreleased courses, I have no idea.

There's far more that goes into a course beyond filming and photography. It's quite a massive process that involves a significant portion of both Coach's and my time; that's also while juggling other secret projects :ph34r:, traveling for seminars, and day to day business. As much as I know everyone had their hearts set on June 21st, it came time for us to make a final call on how soon M1 would be finished and whether to reorder the releases.

Movement One is a huge course under works that covers more than you all likely expect and this sidestep to release some other products hasn't shelved M1 by any means.

• Upvote 10

John Cunningham

ok....so I guess we've just got to move(ment) on(e) and look forward to whatever comes next.

Kate Abernethy

There's far more that goes into a course beyond filming and photography. It's quite a massive process that involves a significant portion of both Coach's and my time; that's also while juggling other secret projects :ph34r:, traveling for seminars, and day to day business. As much as I know everyone had their hearts set on June 21st, it came time for us to make a final call on how soon M1 would be finished and whether to reorder the releases.

Movement One is a huge course under works that covers more than you all likely expect and this sidestep to release some other products hasn't shelved M1 by any means.

Due to recent explosive growth as a result of our podcasts, the release order of new GB products has been adjusted and Movement has been bumped further down the list. There are now several other products which will be released in front of Movement. My apologies for this inconvenience.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

I came back to this thread because I saw that Cory and Coach had posted - and so there must be news from the source.

Putting my Sherlock hat on, I'm deducing explosive growth (and membership) is from the Cross fit community. The fact that there are 'several' smaller products coming out suggests that there may be one for each of the 10 elements of Crossfit (http://www.crossfitkmsf.com/my_weblog/2009/08/10-elements-of-fitness.html).

Elementary, my dear Watson!

:-)

• Upvote 1

Merunas Astrauskas

Either way the news are upsetting. Congratulations to Crossfit people if this is true though, Coach always brings out the best material.

Biren Patel

If m1 was shelved for crossfit products, that is really quite disappointing. Yea...good for crossfit people I suppose....bad for us gst people. You win some and lose some.

Daniel Burnham

If m1 was shelved for crossfit products, that is really quite disappointing. Yea...good for crossfit people I suppose....bad for us gst people. You win some and lose some.

Crossfit? Again no one knows... If anything I would think it would be ways to integrate with other disciplines. Not just crossfit.

I also don't know how it's really bad. Are you stalled out in foundation handstand and rings already? Remember they said that the products are things people have been asking for since the initial release. Listening to the market and user base is a good thing. There are a tremendous amount if people who have bought the series and don't post here regularly.

It isn't as if coach all the sudden decided to drop the quality of his products to make money. He could have done that years ago. You know when he was actually with crossfit?

• Upvote 2

Biren Patel

You have a point. Thanks for bringing me back in line :) . I think I am caught up on what he said in the podcast, and tranferring that here. Coach did say there are multiple products ahead of m1 now, but to be honest im not sure what products people have been asking for the most besides m1 ans s1.

Its not that im stalled out either. It would just be great to finally start dynamic conditioning, which ive never done and sorely lack in.

Merunas Astrauskas

Actually I think all this crossfit speculation is just that. But Coach did say on the podcast that we don't know how to stretch. So it might be stretch one.

I still hope m1 at least comes within a reasonable amount of time.

Andrew Long

I have to admit I'm a bit disappointed but the worst part isn't m1 being released at a later date, it is having no explanation as to what's going on.

Biren Patel

I was looking through my library and found the old Building the Gymnastic Body. Decided to flip through it a bit and I found this relevant section, which made me feel better about the m1 news, so hopefully it will make others feel better:

"After the basic foundation is achieved, the primary focus of our Gymnastic Bodies training will shift to the development of "power" utilizing gymnastic dynamic strength exercises, as outlined in The Dynamic Physique. However until that time occurs, our primary focus needs to remain on establishing a solid foundation of basic strength"

"...However, to ensure the most efficient development of the athlete, dynamic strength training must remain a secondary focus until an adequate foundation of basic strength has been established..."

• Upvote 1

Daniel Burnham

I was looking through my library and found the old Building the Gymnastic Body. Decided to flip through it a bit and I found this relevant section, which made me feel better about the m1 news, so hopefully it will make others feel better:

"After the basic foundation is achieved, the primary focus of our Gymnastic Bodies training will shift to the development of "power" utilizing gymnastic dynamic strength exercises, as outlined in The Dynamic Physique. However until that time occurs, our primary focus needs to remain on establishing a solid foundation of basic strength"

"...However, to ensure the most efficient development of the athlete, dynamic strength training must remain a secondary focus until an adequate foundation of basic strength has been established..."

Yep. Having a base of strength helps tremendously.

Tristan Curtis

Exactly. The way I see it is getting the most out of Movement and avoiding injury means having a good base of strength. Having a good base of functional, gymnastic-specific strength assumes you don't have mobility restrictions (which virtually everyone does). This means most of us have lots of strength and mobility (Foundation, Stretch, supplemental exercises) work to do before we really get the magic out of Movement anyway.

I don't mean to rain even more on the cancelled parade, but releasing Stretch before Movement makes a lot of sense to me.

• Upvote 4

Klemen Bobnar

I think a lot of you expected to see much dynamic work in M1, but I don't think that's the case. It has no prerequsites, so most of it is probably basic locomotion and explosive and repulsive work is in M2 and M3.

Marios Roussos

I'm not here to complain; Coach has the right to do whatever he wants with his product releases, the same way that consumers have the right to choose to buy them or not.

I don't know what the motivation behind the last minute change of plans was, but in case it had to do with a higher demand for other products, I want to say that there is no product since the release of F1 that I am more interested in seeing than M1, even if it's a truncated version of it that we can start working on now.

M0.5 anyone?

• Upvote 2

David Birchall

Gutted but patience is a virtue.  One of the best things about GST for me has been its effect on my life.  Prior to following the training outlined by Coach in F1, I had been a short-termist in training and other areas of my life.  My training had stagnated for a couple of years as a result.  

Since focusing on quality and not giving my self deadlines to complete fitness goals I have seen my strength increase dramatically.  Deloads were not in my repertoire at all until GST.  At first I didn't want to do them but now I see that they are important mentally and physically.  I love the programming because when I finish a training session I know I could have done more and I want nothing more than to burst out the last few seconds or reps.  Knowing this allows me to unleash more strength due to the mental frustration in the final week of a mini cycle.

Applying a "I've got the rest of my life to do X" attitude towards training, ESPECIALLY DIETING and other personal pursuits has greatly advanced my career, interpersonal skills and life as a whole.  I have also managed to remove what I now know to be a massive eating disorder I had: orthorexia.  Rational thinking for the win e.g: "do you really NEED to avoid going out to dinner with your family tonight to hit your macros?  You will be miserable staying in alone. You have no deadline to hit your goal weight.  You have the REST OF YOUR LIFE to for that.  Go to the damn dinner."

So instead of being disappointed by the prospect of having to wait to apply GST to my athleticism with M1, I know that I will be able to push harder, enjoy it more and perform just that bit better knowing that I have delayed starting a little longer.

• Upvote 8

Mikkel Ravn

Gutted but patience is a virtue. One of the best things about GST for me has been its effect on my life. Prior to following the training outlined by Coach in F1, I had been a short-termist in training and other areas of my life. My training had stagnated for a couple of years as a result.

Since focusing on quality and not giving my self deadlines to complete fitness goals I have seen my strength increase dramatically. Deloads were not in my repertoire at all until GST. At first I didn't want to do them but now I see that they are important mentally and physically. I love the programming because when I finish a training session I know I could have done more and I want nothing more than to burst out the last few seconds or reps. Knowing this allows me to unleash more strength due to the mental frustration in the final week of a mini cycle.

Applying a "I've got the rest of my life to do X" attitude towards training, ESPECIALLY DIETING and other personal pursuits has greatly advanced my career, interpersonal skills and life as a whole. I have also managed to remove what I now know to be a massive eating disorder I had: orthorexia. Rational thinking for the win e.g: "do you really NEED to avoid going out to dinner with your family tonight to hit your macros? You will be miserable staying in alone. You have no deadline to hit your goal weight. You have the REST OF YOUR LIFE to for that. Go to the damn dinner."

So instead of being disappointed by the prospect of having to wait to apply GST to my athleticism with M1, I know that I will be able to push harder, enjoy it more and perform just that bit better knowing that I have delayed starting a little longer.

Well said!

• Upvote 1