Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Movement Series Release

Mitchell Rabushka

Biren Patel

I think it is a way to provide gymnastics training to people already involved in another discipline. I imagine not everyone wants to give up crossfit priority and move over to foundation. So perhaps these courses are meant to provide a happy medium.

Also, M1 delay...I cannot take this stress anymore. I'm already worrying about holland v chile looming ahead, and now this. I want to cry :(

Daniel Burnham

What does gymnasticbodies have to do with crossfit though?

Edit: spelling

Well I think it's more Crossfit people are interested in learning some GST to up their game. I know that is common where I am. But realistically I don't think it's limited to integrating with crossfit. Just other disciplines in general. Coach already mentioned that doing so would have less effective results but there are some who compete and don't want to give it up because of that.

Alexander Egebak

Damn, I was really looking forward to M1... Most promising program I think, especially for movers in general. 

Biren Patel

Whoa, guys. Notice that coach said "due to recent EXPLOSIVE GROWTH as a result of our podcasts..."

M1 confirmed.

• Upvote 3

Jennifer Rodriguez

285 days until April Fool's Day...but why wait?

ETA:  Oh I get it!  Coach likes to see people squirm!

• Upvote 1

James Sagar

I don't see why he would detail all the ways that cross fit is terrible in the podcasts and then postpone the release of high quality curriculum material for something focused on cross fit.  (if that is what he has decided to do) :angry:  

Daniel Burnham

I don't see why he would detail all the ways that cross fit is terrible in the podcasts and then postpone the release of high quality curriculum material for something focused on cross fit. (if that is what he has decided to do) :angry:

No one said it is purely for crossfit. Nor does anyone know anything about the release.

You guys need to relax!

Carlos Rodriguez

There have been crossfit integrated workout options in the my.gb scheduler for a while now...

The plot thickens! 

Michail Michailidis

We only care about the GB University curriculum...F series, H series, R series, M series and of course Hungarian  ;) 

• Upvote 4

I'm sure Coach and Cory are having a good ol time right now watching us all geek out.  

I STILL claim midnight tonight.  And if I'm wrong, then I'll just have to keep busy with my workouts till it comes.  Focus on the now!

ADRIANO FLORES CANO

I think is a joke, but if not, then I bet for Stretch series.

We've to take into account that the mayority of the people are stuck in MOBILITY aspects of Foundation/HS1; because of that I think stretch release has more sense now than Movement. Besides, in the podcast 2 of 3 questions were mobility related... 

We've a large deficiency on mobility and we're like zombies, I think we've to get ROM first and MOVEMENT then. 

My point of view. 

And sincerely I don't think there won't be CF related products in this site. But again, it is my opinion.

• Upvote 3

I think is a joke, but if not, then I bet for Stretch series.

And sincerely I don't think there won't be CF related products in this site. But again, it is my opinion.

I hope it's a joke too, but in all seriousness I think the CF stuff is coming.  It's been in my workout scheduler for some time now, and there is a huge demand for it.  (I guess).  I think Stretch One is still a looong time coming.  Fall at the earliest. 

Scott Malin

It isn't a joke by Coach. We also haven't released information about what's coming out first, so don't jump the gun in pressing the panic button.

• Upvote 1

It is isn't a joke by Coach. We also haven't released information about what's coming out first, so don't jump the gun in pressing the panic button.

Or WHEN it's coming out....  Still tonight?

Edited to say, that whatever it is, or whenever it is, doesn't matter.  It's definitely like Christmas as a kid, getting all excited about the shiny new toys.  But you guys have given us a LOT to play with.  More than I need at the moment.  So thanks for all of that, and all of your hard work, and I look forward to whatever else you bring us.  I will try to restrain myself from getting too excited.  :D

Michail Michailidis

Open to whatever decision the Coach makes...I am only worried whether what is to be released will be in addition to everything else of the GB curriculum and not in place of other materials...

Alexander Svensson

So much m1 hype, swiftly destroyed by one paragraph. Today is a sad day.

It was as if millions of voices cried out in excitement, and was suddenly silenced.

• Upvote 3

Scott Pelton-Stroud

Christmas cancelled on Christmas eve! If this is the case, surely it was known sooner than today? not cool.

May not be time for the panic button, but perhaps a time for the rage quit button.

edit: but really, Anticipation for movement has been my only real reason to check the forum lately! Iwas really excited for that. Iwill haveahard time seeing what is worth pushing back this release.

• Upvote 3

Arthur Wong

Not surprised by the push back, I was honestly expecting one as it seemed odd to me to release it on the LAST day of spring. If it's stretch one I'm cool with that. If it's some crossfit thing I will be very disappointed to be honest lol!

I just hope M1 comes out before summer is over. It's the only time of the year I can even train outside because it's raining 200 days a year here. 

• Upvote 3

Scott Pelton-Stroud

I'm sure I'll be over it in a few days, but this is rather disappointing.

I just don't agree with making Movement a lower priority! Movement/Hungarian are by far the most exciting programs in the curriculum for me. M1 would surely benefit everyone, especially since it is one of the programs that beginners can actually do, and since Coach said himself (in BtGB) that adults clearly struggle most with mobility and power.

Although it would still be disappointing, I could see S1 taking higher priority. However it sounded like a few things have bumped down M1. It just seems like a bad move.

Late announcement was a bad move, too.

/rant

I'll feel dumb tomorrow if it does come out tonight. But I would be thankful for that dumb feeling.

• Upvote 3

Scott Pelton-Stroud

Due to recent explosive growtH As a resuLt oF our podcasts, the reLease order of new GB products has been adjusted and Movement has been bumped further down the lIst.  There are now several other products which will be released in Front of MovEmenT.  My apologies for tHis inconvenience.

YouRs in FitnEss,

Coach SommEr

Half Life 3 confirmed!

• Upvote 10

Jonathan Pettit

I'm curious about why anything would need to be pushed back.  In the Curriculum page, coach says that most of the courses are already filmed and photoed.  Why would the making or release of a new product have any effect on something else?  Unless certain moves or exercises have certain prereqs that are only available in as of yet unreleased courses, I have no idea.

• Upvote 4