Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Movement Series Release

Mitchell Rabushka

:D

SO tempting to edit thread title :D

Go nuts y'all, Im just sharing my viewpoint, no one is saying you can't shake the boxes under the tree.and try to guess what's inside ;)

Do it!  :icon_twisted:

:D

SO tempting to edit thread title :D

Go nuts y'all, Im just sharing my viewpoint, no one is saying you can't shake the boxes under the tree.and try to guess what's inside ;)

Ya'll...I thought you were an Aussie?

Connor Davies

GB fan fiction, I like that idea.  :lol:

No seriously, I blushed when I read that.  Not my best moment, a grown ass man blushing at his laptop.

I feel dirty....

• Upvote 1

Keilani Gutierrez

No seriously, I blushed when I read that.  Not my best moment, a grown ass man blushing at his laptop.

I feel dirty....

do you even loofah? #letsgetwierd

• Upvote 3

Connor Davies

Bloody oath mate. Just not a Steve Irwin style Queenslander ;) Croikey!

Hey!  As a born Queenslander, I resent this.

Since Perth is so far away, why don't you just keep on going!?

#Ronnie Johns #Please don't kill me

Connor Davies

Chopper, Home & Away, Fosters beer and Steve Irwin. We don't sell ourselves well...

I think the problem is we tend to be to laid back about things.  Take Australian gangsta movies, we have two hands and chopper....  Neither of which takes itself seriously. :lol:

He's secretly trying to turn us into gymnasts by lying to us about the GST aspect of the curriculum. Once you complete it, the GB police comes to get you and forces you to become a gymnast. The evidence is all there, run before it's too late!

It's too late for that. I...I c-can feel it...inside me..oh no..its .ahghagg! (*Super Sayian Level 10 mode activates*) (*world explodes*)

• Upvote 1

My right wrist has a ganglion cyst (not noticable unless I tell someone where to feel it), and so I use parallel bars whenever I can. 98% of the time now I never get problems unless I do plyo with my hands. But a lof of what I have seen that seems will be in the Movement Series will involve plyo on the hands. Wondering if I will even be able to use much :wacko:. At least,  since I don't want a doctor touching my wrist if I have no other indications for it.

Joshua Slocum

My right wrist has a ganglion cyst (not noticable unless I tell someone where to feel it), and so I use parallel bars whenever I can. 98% of the time now I never get problems unless I do plyo with my hands. But a lof of what I have seen that seems will be in the Movement Series will involve plyo on the hands. Wondering if I will even be able to use much :wacko:. At least, since I don't want a doctor touching my wrist if I have no other indications for it.

You could probably do it with a sturdy pair of small parallettes.

Haha, I already thought about that. I will end up getting it anyway since I will be able to use some of it at least. But likely not all~.

Scott Pelton-Stroud

@Prometheus - I would also love to see the stall-bar-replacing band set-up.

I'm lucky at home to have a screwed-in pullup bar in my bedroom door frame, since I can close the door to support my back. However I don't think colleges take kindly to defacing doorways, nor do I recall seeing a stall bar in the gym...

Back to topic--Is anyone else amused by the enormous jump in prerequisites between M1 and M2? Nothing needed for M1, but M1 AND F3 req'd for M2.

Back to GB Fan Fiction--From looking at the connections in the programs, I'm guessing Ring Handstands are mastered in H2, since it is a prereq for R2.

EDIT: Just realized that H1, H2, and H3 are independent from each other. Wat.

Yeah I will be posting pictures, but am late to it since I am in exams and don't have a camera (the only one I have is my iphone and the camera is ruined by a green case-thing I used).

**I also already typed up an explanation in the equipment section.

"Needed equipment"

Parallel bars: Two chairs that are the same height or Playground equipment....I use two parallel bars that are part of some playground equipment for parallel bar dips.

Stall bars: Playground equipment....(IE: Long side of Monkey Bars) I use an overhead wooden beam

Pullup Bar (with overhead clearance): Playground equipment......(IE: Long side of the Monkey Bars) I use an overhead wooden beam or the monkey bars at a local playground

Rings: I haven't bought those yet.

"Weighted" bar: Got a dowel rod? I use a walking staff that I have made out of tree branch.

Adjustable dumbbells: Elastic Bands that have handles

Oh....wait....isn't using playground equipment deemed as the "Street Workout" stuff that gets lambasted and ridiculed by some on this site. Is it just me or are there people who wouldn't want that "Label?" Personally speaking. Since no one can beat me at being myself. I don't care what other people think and or say about me.

Rajan Shankara

"Needed equipment"

"Weighted" bar: Got a dowel rod? I use a walking staff that I have made out of tree branch.

Yes

• Upvote 3

Connor Davies

Oh....wait....isn't using playground equipment deemed as the "Street Workout" stuff that gets lambasted and ridiculed by some on this site. Is it just me or are there people who wouldn't want that "Label?" Personally speaking. Since no one can beat me at being myself. I don't care what other people think and or say about me.

Loads of people on the forum use playground equipment.  We just don't like street workout because of their poor attention to form.

• Upvote 1

"Needed equipment"

Parallel bars: Two chairs that are the same height or Playground equipment....I use two parallel bars that are part of some playground equipment for parallel bar dips.

Stall bars: Playground equipment....(IE: Long side of Monkey Bars) I use an overhead wooden beam

Pullup Bar (with overhead clearance): Playground equipment......(IE: Long side of the Monkey Bars) I use an overhead wooden beam or the monkey bars at a local playground

Rings: I haven't bought those yet.

Adjustable dumbbells: Elastic Bands that have handles

I wouldn't be surprised if one of us one day competes in the underground verision of "Olympic/Elite/International" level of calisthenics for the championship cup. Some of these guys can definitely hang with elite level gymnasts from the looks of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaB8YTXMY9Q&feature=c4-overview&list=UUjzSBCC2yv7dZmD5dQxV2ug

Connor Davies

Some of these guys can definitely hang with elite level gymnasts from the looks of it.

True, but gymnasts have to compete in 6 events, not just one.  Sure, the street workout guys are strong, but can they also balance and tumble?  Even if they can compete the exact same rings routine as a gymnast, the gymnast will get extra points for the dismount....

True, but gymnasts have to compete in 6 events, not just one.  Sure, the street workout guys are strong, but can they also balance and tumble?  Even if they can compete the exact same rings routine as a gymnast, the gymnast will get extra points for the dismount....

That's the thing about calisthenics. Its..like a hybrid of gymnastics except the rules applied are slightly different. Both use gymnastic style elements are as far as bar moves go and floor moves..but that's it.

I can definitely see this growing and evolving some more before it could possibly be recognized a really popular sport that's a step away from the original sport. It's like how powerlifting is different how they lift in comparison to Olympic lifts...but they cross over into each other because can compliment each other similarly due to the nature of both of them.

They say calisthenics is the ghetto way for bodybuilding....I would be behooved to say it wouldn't hurt to include it as something "else" to compete in. Still...the foundation should always be gymnastics as its the only comprehensive way to attain the skills you want as fast as possible....especially with the Foundation series.

Now..I HAVE seen street performers doing tumbling on the street, look physically impressive both in performance and build...

It could be included in comps as seen here. Alex is jacked! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqjRlOwDaDY&feature=c4-overview&list=UU26wVFmrwOSyMWwHmBbndhg