Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Movement Series Release

Mitchell Rabushka

Daniel Burnham

Pommel horse/mushroom/ege trainer - not essential, but nice to have.  I taught all of my athletes circles and flairs on the floor.  In fact they even had to perform magyars (traveling circles) across the floor as a part of their conditioning when they were young.  If your wrists are not yet tough enough to handle this, then a small stack of carpet sample squares (3-6 pieces) from a carpet store makes a great substitute for a mushroom.

interesting to teach on floor.  I've never seen another coach train these on floor first, though i have seen low mushroom.  I do have a comment for adults learning circles if this does become a part of movement series.

I fought myself and two others circles by starting with a mushroom that was higher than normal and then moving to lower ones.  When I tried to start with lower one I had a great deal of difficulty due to not being able to get my legs around when I didn't quite get enough lean. I agree that learning lower will emphasize proper technique but make be difficult for taller people >5ft :) to get the numbers in the beginning to get that "feel".  

But I guess this is something that could be remedied by a several more carpet squares.

Murray Truelove

I worry about the equipment requirements as well, I rent in London so space is real issue; parallel and stall bars are out of the question. The rest has been easy enough to sort out and doesn't require too much room either. I hope that I'm able to complete H1/F1-4 with what I already have but I wonder if the ring series etc. are impractical with my limited access to equipment.

I ordered this as a solution to dips and some of the stall bar exercises and use furniture for the rest: 
http://shamrockgym.co.uk/

Connor Davies

I taught all of my athletes circles and flairs on the floor.  In fact they even had to perform magyars (traveling circles) across the floor as a part of their conditioning when they were young.

Thanks for the accidental release of part of the Hungarian program.  Hell if I know what I'm going to do with this information.

So I take it from this that we're going to see some flairs in the movement series?

Still fishing?!? Don't you like surprises?

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

p.s. So strange. Everyone is always so excited about Hungarian; until they try it. :)

• Upvote 8

Daniel Burnham

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

p.s. So strange. Everyone is always so excited about Hungarian; until they try it. :)

Still excited about it!  Love hate relationship I guess.  I seem to be a glutton for pain though.

Jennifer Rodriguez

Speaking of being a glutton for pain, I'm wondering how M will be scheduled with F7 and HS.   I already feel like mincemeat just with those two, lol.      I am excited for it to come out though!

Parallel bars= make them for 40$ maximum from PVC pipe and gorilla glue.

You are using glue...to support 130+ lbs of weight? I see that you like to live dangerously...

Randeep Walia

Parallel bars= make them for 40$ maximum from PVC pipe and gorilla glue.

Stall bar is nice, but not necessary. I use 2-4 elastic bands from Rogue Fitness to hold my shoulders in place (and a hell of a lot cheaper and easier).

Elastic bands to function as stall bars... I would love to see this setup. Can we get some pictures?

$40??? Dude- where do you buy your PVC pipe from, Tiffany's?

• Upvote 3

Jennifer Rodriguez

You are using glue...to support 130+ lbs of weight? I see that you like to live dangerously...

I'm so glad I wasn't drinking coffee when I read this, lol.

Elastic bands to function as stall bars... I would love to see this setup. Can we get some pictures?

Yes, I want to see pictures too!

Connor Davies

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

It's hardly fishing.  Magyar means Hungarian in Hungarian, so where else would it belong but in the Hungarian series?

Incidentally, I could never pronounce that word.  I think it sounds like "more-jaw" but every Hungarian I say that to laughs at me.  I hope you're not forcing your athletes to learn linguistic gymnastics as well....

Mitchell Rabushka

Speaking of being a glutton for pain, I'm wondering how M will be scheduled with F7 and HS.   I already feel like mincemeat just with those two, lol.      I am excited for it to come out though!

I can relate to this as I've been holding off starting H1 because F1 seemed like enough intensity for starters.  But time and effort has made me bolder so after next weeks F1 recovery week I will be starting H1 too using the 2 Day HS Integrated/12 Week Cycle.  There I said it now I have to do it :)

I've read where there is a synergistic effect by doing both F1 and H1 together meaning some elements of one helps with elements of the other.  I wonder if the Movement Series ramps up this synergy even further?

Tristan Curtis

Not sure if this is public or private information...

Will Movement, Rings and Hungarian involve working one element (paired with an iM) at a time, like Handstand? Or multiple elements like Foundation?

Rajan Shankara

Towels are impossible to come by. I almost quit because they are too expensive.

lol

• Upvote 2

so gymnastic facilities won't allow adults to pay a monthly fee to train in them?

Some will, or have regular open gym sessions. depends on the place

Connor Davies

Not sure if this is public or private information...

Will Movement, Rings and Hungarian involve working one element (paired with an iM) at a time, like Handstand? Or multiple elements like Foundation?

From what I gather, rings will have a muscle up section (muscleup through to elevators) and an iron cross section (support hold through handstand through to cross) and probably a couple others besides.

Movement will probably have flares, given what was posted above, and plyometric exercises like clapping pushups and wheels.  I'm not sure if rebounding leg movements will be included, given that most of us don't have a floors with as much "spring" as gymnasts use.

All of this is speculation on my part.

However, according to an old TNation post coach made (2005 I believe) Hungarian will include:

1) upper body plyometric capability,

2) lower body plyometric capability,

3) active flexibility throughout the entire body with special emphasis on injury prevention/prehab work for the shoulder girdle, wrists, hips/low back and knees

4) rotational strength & flexibility

4) static flexibility

5) basic static strength positions

6) basic handstand and press handstand development

7) extreme core and lower back strength

8) The list goes on, but I'm sure that you begin to get the picture.

Connor Davies

You are absolutely determined, aren't you?

The way I see it, I don't have access to any of the actual program content, so I'm free to speculate as much as I want.  If anyone wants me to stop, I will.  As a moderator you have the right to delete anything I say, and I really don't mind if you do.  If I'm bothering people, just tell me.

The way I see it, I don't have access to any of the actual program content, so I'm free to speculate as much as I want. If anyone wants me to stop, I will. As a moderator you have the right to delete anything I say, and I really don't mind if you do. If I'm bothering people, just tell me.

It doesn't bother me, you do your thing. I wouldn't hold your breath for Coach to let anything truly concrete slip though :)

As for Hungarian, that's like speculating on (very) advanced ring str. A lot of people simply won't get that far, for whatever reason. We almost all have a long way to go before being able to use it, and a lot of things to focus on before that. Why bother stringing together tidbits for something very, very few people here can really use? You'll get there just exactly in time to be ready to use it. And the whole thing will be available in one fell swoop; the guesswork is discarded in one.

I realise this is easy for me to say post seminar, but I am confident you will experience a similar significant perspective change as more courses come out and you see how it all ties in :)

i don't mean to stomp you down, you do whatever you want. To me it's just what I have to do today; I've yet to finish Foundation, so there's not a lot of point guessing what's coming up, because my seven mid term goals are there in front of me. The rest is just pipe dreams until i can actually use it

• Upvote 2

It's like he's writing gymnastic bodies fan fiction.

:D

SO tempting to edit thread title :D

Go nuts y'all, Im just sharing my viewpoint, no one is saying you can't shake the boxes under the tree.and try to guess what's inside ;)

• Upvote 2