Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hand Balancing Equipment

Mark Weaver

Mark Weaver

Does anybody have any good resources for Hand Balancing Equipment, like those metal rods with blocks of wood on the end?

I'd like to either buy or make them.

Mark

almost all of these things I've seen so far were custom built.

There is a German description at http://www.akro-mannheim.de/dr-winter.h ... masch.html

I'm not sure, if I've ever seen a construction like that actually in use, but I guess the people who made the website use it :)

I believe the part of fixing the canes on the platform is the most dificult part to get right.

There are basically two versions I know of. One is like you can see in the German description linked above. The other one is having a metal cylinder with a conic hole in it, and the bottom of the cane conic, too, so the cane fits into the hole.

I had someone make me the cylinder and canes, and now am in the progress of building the rest around it ;)

If you want, I can send you some pictures of the cane and the cylinder.

unicycle, a french supplier of circus-equipment, also sells them, but it's rather expensive and I don't know anybody who owns one, so I don't know if they're any good.

Website is http://unicycle.fr, it's on the fifth page of the price list.

Mark Weaver

palmcron,

Thanks for your reply. The plans from the german website are very helpful. I think I'll try and make my own using some of the ideas off those plans.

danke

• 2 weeks later...
peja16_roller

Does anyone know if the canes shown in this video

work the same way as the canes with the metal columns, like the one mentioned in the previous post?

It seems the ones made of all wood is shorter and stockier so more rigid, so harder to correct positioning. Whereas, ordinary canes are longer and slimmer allowing one more ease to control.

Does anybody know how to make either of these canes?