Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gymnastic warm up. Easy skills for gymnast but so clean

Boris Mikael Taube

Connor Davies

Damn, I wish that was my warmup.  I couldn't do most of those.

Also, I lol'd at the guy standing on the other guy during arch rocks.

Boris Mikael Taube

Damn, I wish that was my warmup.  I couldn't do most of those.

Also, I lol'd at the guy standing on the other guy during arch rocks.

Yeah, it looks like someone just have fun with the arch rocks. that say something about gymnast :P 

• Upvote 2

His legs were a little off mark (seriously only a little). Is that normal? Mine were and I totally restarted my handstand training to look into a mirror for every set (after reaching 1 minute holdx5).

Even if it is...I am still going to continue with my plan though lol.

Right so that was a warm up...... Suddenly struggling on week 7 of abh doesn't seem like so much work..... Time to suck it up and finish foundation!!

• Upvote 2

I wish I could do one thing of that warm up.

Well, there was that guy at 50 seconds who failed the hollowback press. Look on the bright side, man, I think you could fail it too, no problem. I believe in you.

• Upvote 8

Connor Davies

Well, there was that guy at 50 seconds who failed the hollowback press. Look on the bright side, man, I think you could fail it too, no problem. I believe in you.

Don't forget at the start of the video that guy walks through a door.  I mean, I know it's tough, but....

• Upvote 2

Don't forget at the start of the video that guy walks through a door.  I mean, I know it's tough, but....

Jesus, I'm not sure. I'm only on D1. Isn't walking through in D3?

• Upvote 3

Josh Schmitter

Jesus, I'm not sure. I'm only on D1. Isn't walking through in D3?

I think D2, but D<iM1 is still holding me back...damn doorknob extensor pulls.

• Upvote 1

Kate Abernethy

The instructions are confusing - 'left foot behind' when video shows Right foot is behind - can we add it to the FAQ please?

The instructions are confusing - 'left foot behind' when video shows Right foot is behind - can we add it to the FAQ please?

Don't even joke about that >.<

• Upvote 4

Niklas Slotte

I noticed there was some confusion about the D-video and the subtitles faded away after 30 seconds leaving some poor souls on their own, so I thought I'd help them out by making a loose translation on the remaining steps.

(30) You must adjust your gait, so that your left foot is placed about 5 cm from the threshold.

(37) The right foot is left behind you.

(40) For you to correctly open the door in a rhytmically sound way, it is crucial that you have your weight on the left leg

(46) Your stance is correct, if you can effortlessly lift your right foot in the air and circle it around the ankle without falling.

(56) Now extend your left arm toward the door handle and shift your weight forward. Due to this motion the weight is transfered to the left hand, which bascially pushes the handle down by itself.

(1:08) Swing your free right leg through the new opening, spinning around on it, turning yourself toward the path you came from, simultaenously letting go of the door handle, but at the same time grasping the door handle with your right hand and shifting your weight to the right.

(1:26) The door is closed.

(1:28) Now you have learnt to open and close a door which opens away from you. Doors may also open toward one self.

(1:37) You should remember, that we only taught you the basic opening in a situation, where the door opens by pushing the right side.

(1:46) You should not try to use this recently learnt method to open other kinds of doors. Otherwise you will be left outside.

There... Now it's time for some SL/PE1!

• Upvote 2

Connor Davies

Dammit, I've been walking through doors incorrectly this whole time. Back to week 1.

Yeah I've been moving ahead too quickly and had to move back a couple of door progressions....

Alexander Svensson

I'm hoping there will be some kind of stairclimbing/escalator progressions later on. I really need to work on that.

Josh Schmitter

Come on guys, no posts on this thread since yesterday...so much time and energy invested, don't let it die now!

Ok then. Sigh...

I'M SURE LOOKING FORWARD TO THE REVOLVING DOOR PROGRESSION, ALTHOUGH IT IS CLEARLY FAR BEYOND MY CURRENT CAPABILITY.

• Upvote 3