Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Muscle Knot/Bump?

Samvel Azizbekyan

Samvel Azizbekyan

Hey guys, I posted here about 2 months ago about the Injury i had on my Upper left arm. After giving my arm some rest..Now ive been feeling this bump, like a muscle knot right where the injury had occurred..It is exactly where the brachialis is. The knot is movable..when I put any pressure on it, it slides under my fingers. Its like this little bump in my arm that when i put pressure on it just jumps from side to side. It is a tight knot, and it has not been going away. It might be getting better but its at such a slow rate that im not able to even tell. 

Does anyone know what this is? It doesn't hurt all the time, the pain just randomly comes and goes. I still have not really worked out because of fear of re-injury. I just want to know what this is, what its from...and how i can make it go away to start training again. 

Also, it appears to be so that i have the same bump on my other arm, but it is much smaller than my injured one, I am thinking that they are both injured, but my left one is way worse.

If I follow the bump with my fingers...it starts where the Tricep is at, and moves its way down until its right next to the bicep tendon where it attatches to the elbow. 

The bump is easier to feel when my arm is resting, like if its put down on the table.

Any sort of help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Keilani Gutierrez

Hey guys, I posted here about 2 months ago about the Injury i had on my Upper left arm. After giving my arm some rest..Now ive been feeling this bump, like a muscle knot right where the injury had occurred..It is exactly where the brachialis is. The knot is movable..when I put any pressure on it, it slides under my fingers. Its like this little bump in my arm that when i put pressure on it just jumps from side to side. It is a tight knot, and it has not been going away. It might be getting better but its at such a slow rate that im not able to even tell. 

Does anyone know what this is? It doesn't hurt all the time, the pain just randomly comes and goes. I still have not really worked out because of fear of re-injury. I just want to know what this is, what its from...and how i can make it go away to start training again. 

Also, it appears to be so that i have the same bump on my other arm, but it is much smaller than my injured one, I am thinking that they are both injured, but my left one is way worse.

If I follow the bump with my fingers...it starts where the Tricep is at, and moves its way down until its right next to the bicep tendon where it attatches to the elbow. 

The bump is easier to feel when my arm is resting, like if its put down on the table.

sounds....odd. have you had a doctor check it out? could be an number of things that only a professional evaluation would shed light on it. 

Samvel Azizbekyan

sounds....odd. have you had a doctor check it out? could be an number of things that only a professional evaluation would shed light on it. 

Yeah I've had a couple of doctors check it out but they all act as if its something so normal and common that the subject just drops. They say its just a tight muscle or muscle fibers and it'll just go away with more rest.

I am going to get an MRI soon to better see what is actually going on inside my arm...I have been dealing with this for a few months now, It is really annoying, especially when no one really could tell me what it is or how it could be fixed. I want to get back into training ASAP!

You could also try massage if you haven't already. Find one who is good with trigger point therapy, sports massage, or deep tissue massage. If the doctors are correct, they can fix it. If not, it won't hurt, and massages are great anyway! I hope you find out the problem and get back to training soon!

• Upvote 1

I have these same 'lumps' you are talking about, and I think it is just the brachialis muscle - hence you've got one on each arm. The brachialis can get injured and incredibly sore from too much back lever work, so that may bee your problem. No matter how much release massage you do, these lumps won't go away, mate :P

• Upvote 1

Samvel Azizbekyan

I have these same 'lumps' you are talking about, and I think it is just the brachialis muscle - hence you've got one on each arm. The brachialis can get injured and incredibly sore from too much back lever work, so that may bee your problem. No matter how much release massage you do, these lumps won't go away, mate :P

I sure hope that this is the case  :D but the one on my right arm is much smaller...

Kate Abernethy

An MRI will give you the answer for sure and some peace of mind. It sounds intriguing - Let us know what it says, or even better, show us the images! :-)

Samvel Azizbekyan

Got an MRI done on my whole left arm yesterday..results should be coming in in a few days...I'll let you guys know what happens. I appreciate the help guys

Keilani Gutierrez

Got an MRI done on my whole left arm yesterday..results should be coming in in a few days...I'll let you guys know what happens. I appreciate the help guys

#thumbsup

• 1 year later...

Hello Samo

I am fortunate to have stumbled on this thread.  Thank you for starting it.  I have had exactly the same condition for 7 years now.  I attribute it to having struck an unmarked speedbump at high speed while riding a motorcycle at night.  Seems consistent with this discussionn (since extended arms act as shock absorbers in that kind of accident):

http://thewellnessdigest.com/triceps-brachii-shoulder-arm-hand-pain/

though no lumps are mentioned (but type of injury and symptoms, including numbness in 4th and 5th finger). 

No doctor has been able to help me - or diagnose it.  Most shrug in puzzlement.  Some even insist the lumps are not pathological, just my personal oddity (even though I remember a time when I didn't have them).  MRI shows "nothing unusual".  It was extremely painfful for many months  I remember once throwing a rock - only to literally writhe in pain for what was like 30 or 40 seconds afterwards.  The pain, but the not the lumps, eventually went away - incredibly - after I took a parapharmaceutical in Italy called PF21 (all pain went away after the first 2 pills).  This has since been taken off the market and I am unable to find any trace or record of it (my Italian friends remember it and miss it but also don't know what happened). 

Two years ago, after I went back to body building, the pain in my arms began to come back and has since been gradually increasing - despite abandonment of the bidy building regime - and with increasing frequency of occurence of numbness in the 4th and 5th finger.  So I am back to trying to research this.

What have you been able to find about your condition?