Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

impossible isometric exercises

fry

Hey guys, 

I want to know if anybody knows really hard and crazy isometric exercises especially on rings. I don't mean things like iron cross or planche. I mean things that are even as hard or harder then lets say victorian.
I hope you can help me.

An impossible one is Manna.

A crazy one is a high victorian, but barely above the rings, because then it would become like a manna, just layed out.

Not isometric, but an inverted butterfly.

Close to impossible (Just kidding!!! :D )

Connor Davies

Yeah a manna is actually impossible.  I can't remember the reason for it, but it was a good one.

Inverted cross press to handstand is pretty ridiculous, if you want something that's actually possible (I've heard, I've never actually seen it.)

Pelicans....

Who thinks a maltese or victorian would be possible with the hands in line with the shoulders?

Pelican video (last progression):

Maltese/victorian is impossible due to center of gravity being towards the hips. You could do it if you're feet were supported or had a counterweight from your head.

Manna is impossible because you are also pushing back, not just down. The rings would be pushed out of your way.

Joshua Slocum

Manna is impossible because you are also pushing back, not just down. The rings would be pushed out of your way.

This is incorrect. If you apply a horizontal force to the floor, the floor applies a horizontal force to you, which means you begin moving. Since the manna is a static position, you necessarily are not applying a horizontal force to the floor. 

The manna may be impossible on rings, but if it is, it is due to kinesthetic reasons, not fundamental physics. 

• Upvote 3

Who thinks a maltese or victorian would be possible with the hands in line with the shoulders?

You mean arms kept in towards the body? If so, then I've seen a victorian on PB like that and I've also seen a maltese sort of like that too.

You mean arms kept in towards the body? If so, then I've seen a victorian on PB like that and I've also seen a maltese sort of like that too.

I think he means like an iron cross, but in maltese/victorian position.

I think he means like an iron cross, but in maltese/victorian position.

Oh, then that would be impossible unless you have enough counter-weight on your head.

Oldrich Polreich

I wanted to suggest Tkatchev on rings, then i read "isometric"...well then...Tkatchev stopped in cross.