Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

negative straddle down

Daryl Chan

here is what i am currently working on, i will begin to dabble into yoga to help with my flexability. Hopefully getting a good straddle and pike will help get my hips up and  more flexability with my shoulders.

negative straddle down, wall press cant do them well at all. i struggle at the very beginning the most, and for the negative have the hardest time at the very end. please help me out thanks.

ps forgive the unsteady handstands. I have been training them very frequently because i wish to get this move and am constatnly working on my handstands. But im always sore but still have to push on.

Zachary Daniel

I am working at the beginning stages of the press as well but the feedback I would say is point your toes and make sure your legs remain straight as you lower them!

um i do believe my legs are straight at the end, but pointing my toes causes them to cramp together.  I think you might get the impression my legs are bent cause of the shape of my hamstrings, and calves but my legs are straight. but thanks for the tips.

ps forgive the unsteady handstands. I have been training them very frequently because i wish to get this move and am constatnly working on my handstands. But im always sore but still have to push on.

I will leave the straddle press critique to the capable hands...

But this right here, this mindset could lead to injury. Sure, lots of handbalancers practice daily. You can build up to that volume. But, if your movement is suffering ("...the unsteady handstands....")  and you are ALWAYS SORE, then please take a little break. Even the H1 material, we don't practise it frequently but plenty of progress is made.

Fix your feet too, they are part and parcel of the gymnastics line. If your toes cramp, don't avoid the problem. 2 steps. 1) google search 2) implement...so simple...

I will leave the straddle press critique to the capable hands...

But this right here, this mindset could lead to injury. Sure, lots of handbalancers practice daily. You can build up to that volume. But, if your movement is suffering ("...the unsteady handstands....")  and you are ALWAYS SORE, then please take a little break. Even the H1 material, we don't practise it frequently but plenty of progress is made.

Fix your feet too, they are part and parcel of the gymnastics line. If your toes cramp, don't avoid the problem. 2 steps. 1) google search 2) implement...so simple...

i really dont know why my toes get cramps when i begin to point them, and i wil be taking a break shortly ty.

i was working on them a bit more today, and i realised that i didnt open my shoulders properly to fully stack the body so that helped alot and the handstands after that where much easier.