Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

45! Year old Beast Espen Jansen still rips on rings

Mats Trane

My son had a competiotion this weekend and Norways 45! years old Epsen Jansen was there. This guy has been to 15 World Chapionships. Very inspiaring to watch a guy at this age still perform well. I asked him how he still keeps him self at this level and his answer was similar to Coaches theories. First you build up basic strenght and mobility and then you can get into the more advanced stuff. During the comp he was constantly keeping his self warm. For example, before rings he was warming up with therabands for at least 20 minutes.

post-90-0-08796000-1383502585_thumb.jpg

Here is a video I made today.

• Upvote 18

Christian Sørlie

He is still one of the best here in Norway. Everyone in gymnastics know about him, he can give the 18-20 kids a good run for their money.

When I first came into gymnastics as an adult, I had him as a trainer for little while. (Mostly I got to tag along when he trained some kids actually..)

He's also into skiing and biking. Here's a video of him giving training tips. Check out the variation at 0:46 :o

• Upvote 13

ADRIANO FLORES CANO

Holy sh**. That's inspiring a lot! Both videos! Second one seems like MOBILITY 1!

Keilani Gutierrez

what is written under on the moving banner :) are those instructions to what he's doing?

Joakim Andersson

what is written under on the moving banner :) are those instructions to what he's doing?

1. Abs and shoulders

Use a mat, or something to put the legs on

Begin with arms by the hips – and move them forward when you want it heavier – Roll with lower back – and press as high as you can go – Can you do 3 X 10?

As a variation you can put the legs a little higher – It becomes a little heavier and you feel it more in the lower abs

After a while you can just press yourself all the way up! If you can do one – take the rest of the week off...

2. Abs and shoulders

Use the floor, and a door frame or similar as a grip

Pull yourself forward, and push back with straight arms – As big motions as you can – Can you do 10 X 3?

3. Shoulders (and the psyche)

Use the wall

Go slowly up – Stand a bit out from the wall, or close to it – Don't hang on your shoulder, but press the body upward – Can you do 3 minutes?

• Upvote 5

Rajan Shankara

Very inspiring!

And Christians video had Morcheeba's Slow Down in the background, also very good.

Keilani Gutierrez

1. Abs and shoulders

Use a mat, or something to put the legs on

Begin with arms by the hips – and move them forward when you want it heavier – Roll with lower back – and press as high as you can go – Can you do 3 X 10?

As a variation you can put the legs a little higher – It becomes a little heavier and you feel it more in the lower abs

After a while you can just press yourself all the way up! If you can do one – take the rest of the week off...

2. Abs and shoulders

Use the floor, and a door frame or similar as a grip

Pull yourself forward, and push back with straight arms – As big motions as you can – Can you do 10 X 3?

3. Shoulders (and the psyche)

Use the wall

Go slowly up – Stand a bit out from the wall, or close to it – Don't hang on your shoulder, but press the body upward – Can you do 3 minutes?

thank you vey much for that, Joakim ^_^ appreciated
  • Upvote 1

I checked out some of the other Team United Bakeries strength training vids, they are extremely interesting and useful, thanks Christian!

• Upvote 1

My son had a competiotion this weekend and Norways 45! years old Epsen Jansen was there. This guy has been to 15 World Chapionships. Very inspiaring to watch a guy at this age still perform well. I asked him how he still keeps him self at this level and his answer was similar to Coaches theories. First you build up basic strenght and mobility and then you can get into the more advanced stuff. During the comp he was constantly keeping his self warm. For example, before rings he was warming up with therabands for at least 20 minutes.

attachicon.gifP1000310.JPG

Here is a video I made today.

He definitely inspired me tonight. Gah! Can't wait til next training session. I so badly want to be able to move like that when I get to be his age.

Joakim Andersson

I checked out some of the other Team United Bakeries strength training vids, they are extremely interesting and useful, thanks Christian!

Very interesting! Many of them look like Foundation stuff, but different.