Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

handstand training (please help comment)

Daryl Chan

Hello, i have been on and off in here. Reecently I have wanted to get into handbalancing as a entire workout not just a warm up or anything. At my gym my routine right now is still beeing created but im really not to sure how to go about these things.

I hit up my gym, do maybe  static straight body 10 seconds times 3-5 sets straddle same thing, after that i begin to leg my legs roam and wander as they please. I would like to get one handed handstands, and also standing straddle press.

Here is a bit of where i am at now just tossing some random ideas into my body to try but hopefully i can get some tipts etc pardon me for the funny noises moans of frustration and sorrow etc.

please comment  critique anything would be great thank you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJLGgBVMNks&feature=youtu.be

Alessandro Mainente

probably you need to post a side view to have an accurate feedback,

Mikael Kristiansen

I find this pretty good. Form is decent, though you can work on pulling your chest in slightly more to get straighter. Your tuck, 1 leg pike and straddle down are also decent. Your shoulders move a slight bit front, but not to the degree that it makes you compensate, and it will get better with time. You start to fall on your way to straddle L, but thats normal and your controlled ROM will increase. The important part is that you dont let the press down compromise the form in your shoulders. For you, building your straddle press should be one of your main goals now. Combine your slow negatives(keep them going to straddle L) with lowering as far as you can with still pressing back up and box presses. 1-2 min endurance should also be in your list. 1 arm hs you should wait with yet but by all means play with it now and then. Also work towards more freedom in hs. Walk, walk in a circle, jump on your hands, try walking down a couple of stairs, lower to elbow lever, etc. the more free you are the better.

Other than that you wobble a bit when you balance, but still you are able to keep the handstand well. Work on tightening up and try to stay more in one place in your palms. It will take work but keep this in mind and you will with time find your handstand becoming more and more relaxed(even if keeping tight) and stable. For you at this point, a lot of practice over time is what will make the difference. The general work here is decent. Handstands take a long time and you will have up and down periods, the only thing that matters is to keep it going and strive towards progress.

I find this pretty good. Form is decent, though you can work on pulling your chest in slightly more to get straighter. Your tuck, 1 leg pike and straddle down are also decent. Your shoulders move a slight bit front, but not to the degree that it makes you compensate, and it will get better with time. You start to fall on your way to straddle L, but thats normal and your controlled ROM will increase. The important part is that you dont let the press down compromise the form in your shoulders. For you, building your straddle press should be one of your main goals now. Combine your slow negatives(keep them going to straddle L) with lowering as far as you can with still pressing back up and box presses. 1-2 min endurance should also be in your list. 1 arm hs you should wait with yet but by all means play with it now and then. Also work towards more freedom in hs. Walk, walk in a circle, jump on your hands, try walking down a couple of stairs, lower to elbow lever, etc. the more free you are the better.

Other than that you wobble a bit when you balance, but still you are able to keep the handstand well. Work on tightening up and try to stay more in one place in your palms. It will take work but keep this in mind and you will with time find your handstand becoming more and more relaxed(even if keeping tight) and stable. For you at this point, a lot of practice over time is what will make the difference. The general work here is decent. Handstands take a long time and you will have up and down periods, the only thing that matters is to keep it going and strive towards progress.

i thought the balance was supposed to be slightly forward towards the finger tips rather than the palms.When you say straddle L that is straddle sit type position correct? Thank you for the help i do hope someday i will get better with time effort comes progressions