Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Short Front Lever Tutorial by me

Yaad Mohammad

I don't see the problem. The only reason why a full planche is harder than a tuck planche is because you have to lean much more in a full planche than you have to in a tuck planche. That's why we have the progressions, tuck planche, advanced tuck planche, straddle tuck planche and full planche to gradually increase the lean.

I don't think I explained myself very well.

What I mean is this:

-As you go through the tuck, flat tuck, straddle progressions, your arm angle decreases in both the FL and the PL.

-But a big part of lack of progress, in the planche especially, is if one lifts into their holds instead of leaning into it. Whilst this is most common with planche progressions (particularly tuck PL), I also think this is possible with any of the front lever progressions too.

-It is possible to do, say, the flat tuck FL with a bigger arm angle than is possible if you don't focus on pressing the bar down/away from you. This would be analogous to lifting in a tuck PL rather than leaning into it - the arm angle would not be as small as it needs to be with that particular progression. This would then lead to a plateau. More common in PL, but I'd say the same thing happens in the FL too.

• 1 month later...
Ivaylo Kozhuharov

Dude you made my year better. I have been working out FL for 2 months.. I almost lost my motivation... I saw your video and it was great. The next year I am starting from the beginning. Thank you A LOT and keep it up. :)
I wish you a fantastic new year!

• Upvote 1

Yaad Mohammad

Dude you made my year better. I have been working out FL for 2 months.. I almost lost my motivation... I saw your video and it was great. The next year I am starting from the beginning. Thank you A LOT and keep it up. :)

I wish you a fantastic new year!

Thank you for your nice comment! I'm glad it was useful! Have a great new year!