LOL at the intro  :D

Nice tutorial, but what about PPT?

LOL at the intro  :D

Nice tutorial, but what about PPT?

Thanks! What's PPT?

nice editing man!

Thanks!

Alexander Svensson

Posterior Pelvic Tilt, as in rounding your lower back  :)

The opposite of Anterior Pelvic Tilt, which would be arching of the lower back. I always assumed it being necessary in a front lever, maybe I'm wrong? 

• Upvote 1

Yaad Mohammad

Posterior Pelvic Tilt, as in rounding your lower back  :)

The opposite of Anterior Pelvic Tilt, which would be arching of the lower back. I always assumed it being necessary in a front lever, maybe I'm wrong? 

Awh damn, you're right! I missed out on that... Well, I hope people will do that automatically, I did.

• Upvote 1

Connor Davies

Couldn't see your feet for the scapula hang, so I'm not sure if they're touching the ground or not.  Also I remember reading in the old prerequisites thread that Blairbob said the L hang needs to be held for 30 seconds before productive front lever training can be done.  He has a lot of experience training young gymnasts, so I figure....

Otherwise, very nice tutorial.  And excellent time on that front lever at the start.  It really seemed effortless for you...

• Upvote 1

Yaad Mohammad

Couldn't see your feet for the scapula hang, so I'm not sure if they're touching the ground or not. Also I remember reading in the old prerequisites thread that Blairbob said the L hang needs to be held for 30 seconds before productive front lever training can be done. He has a lot of experience training young gymnasts, so I figure....

Otherwise, very nice tutorial. And excellent time on that front lever at the start. It really seemed effortless for you...

Yeah, the scapula isn't that clear, but you're not supposed to touch the floor. 30 seconds sounds better yes, but I think 10 seconds should be sufficient for this tutorial

Bill Köhntopp

i'm not training it right now, just started out with f1, but this is a really good tutorial, dude! :)

• Upvote 1

You don't even need a bed to sleep, you just need rings or a bar.  :D

Are you going to make a tutorial on how to do FL rows with the bar touching the body?

• Upvote 1

Yaad Mohammad

i'm not training it right now, just started out with f1, but this is a really good tutorial, dude! :)

Thanks man! Good luck with Foundation!

You don't even need a bed to sleep, you just need rings or a bar. :D

Are you going to make a tutorial on how to do FL rows with the bar touching the body?

Not yet, I only make tutorials of move that are easy for me. All others moves I'm not qualified to teach people I believe.

• Upvote 3

Are there any specific cues that you use? I've been working on FL for way too long and I still don't have it.

Right now, I have about a 5 second straddle FL, but I feel like there's something still missing. I feel like I should use my lats more or something. 

Any advice?

For me, I just focus on pulling the arms down as hard as I can and sometimes I use the "pulling the bar apart" cue. How is your retraction and scapular positioning?

For me, I just focus on pulling the arms down as hard as I can and sometimes I use the "pulling the bar apart" cue. How is your retraction and scapular positioning?

My form is good, it's just that I don't feel strong in a FL.

I feel like I'm doing planche correctly, but not FL.

Do the triceps have a big role in FL or should I mainly feel it in my lats? I honestly don't really feel it anywhere in particular, I sorta feel like I'm just hanging there.

Yaad Mohammad

My form is good, it's just that I don't feel strong in a FL.

I feel like I'm doing planche correctly, but not FL.

Do the triceps have a big role in FL or should I mainly feel it in my lats? I honestly don't really feel it anywhere in particular, I sorta feel like I'm just hanging there.

Whenever I do the front lever I feel my my tendons doing everything and yeah, it does kinda feel like you're hanging, because you are hanging. In what stage do you train now? Straddle front lever or advanced tuck front lever?

Whenever I do the front lever I feel my my tendons doing everything and yeah, it does kinda feel like you're hanging, because you are hanging. In what stage do you train now? Straddle front lever or advanced tuck front lever?

Lately I've been doing straddle, but I'm going to start adding in adv tuck after a couple straddle sets.

Also, I don't feel anything in my elbows. My arms are locked, but I feel no pressure. I thought there wasn't supposed to be any joint stress during a FL, but perhaps this is an indicator that I'm doing something wrong?

Yaad Mohammad

Lately I've been doing straddle, but I'm going to start adding in adv tuck after a couple straddle sets.

Also, I don't feel anything in my elbows. My arms are locked, but I feel no pressure. I thought there wasn't supposed to be any joint stress during a FL, but perhaps this is an indicator that I'm doing something wrong?

It's not joint stress that I feel, but I definitely feel like my tendons help me a lot holding the position, and of course my upper back and shoulders.

I recommend you to only focus on advanced tuck as straddle front lever is simply too hard at the moment for you to efficiently progress.

It's not joint stress that I feel, but I definitely feel like my tendons help me a lot holding the position, and of course my upper back and shoulders.

I recommend you to only focus on advanced tuck as straddle front lever is simply too hard at the moment for you to efficiently progress.

I've been doing advanced tuck for way too long and I can't ever get past 15-20 seconds. Should I keep doing it hoping to get past that point, or maybe I should try something like straddle half lay?

Yaad Mohammad

I've been doing advanced tuck for way too long and I can't ever get past 15-20 seconds. Should I keep doing it hoping to get past that point, or maybe I should try something like straddle half lay?

If you plateau at a stage you shouldn't move on to the next stage, that won't help at all, trust me, I've had the same problem with the planche. How is your tuck front lever? Can you hold it for 60 seconds? If you can, can you do 5*30s holds within 20 minutes? If you can't, built that up.

If you plateau at a stage you shouldn't move on to the next stage, that won't help at all, trust me, I've had the same problem with the planche. How is your tuck front lever? Can you hold it for 60 seconds? If you can, can you do 5*30s holds within 20 minutes? If you can't, built that up.

Yeah, I can hold tuck FL for 60 seconds, but I'm not sure about the 5x30.

I'm gonna try to keep going with advanced tuck and see if I make any progress. I honestly don't think I was getting in 60 seconds during my training. I was probably only getting around 30, so I'm gonna try that out.

How often should you check your max hold?

Yaad Mohammad

Yeah, I can hold tuck FL for 60 seconds, but I'm not sure about the 5x30.

I'm gonna try to keep going with advanced tuck and see if I make any progress. I honestly don't think I was getting in 60 seconds during my training. I was probably only getting around 30, so I'm gonna try that out.

How often should you check your max hold?

I recommend once each 2 weeks.

• Upvote 1

Kate Abernethy

Nice video Yaad  :)

The blanket made me laugh, did you have a cold at the time?!

It was good to see live how the F1 exercises fit in with attaining the front lever. I could feel my core tightening as I watched.

• Upvote 2

Yaad Mohammad

Nice video Yaad  :)

The blanket made me laugh, did you have a cold at the time?!

It was good to see live how the F1 exercises fit in with attaining the front lever. I could feel my core tightening as I watched.

Haha thanks man! The blanket was more to show that I was sleeping in the front lever!

Also, what do you mean with that? About the F1 exercises.

I think a big part of lack of progress in the FL for some people is due to the same reason as a lack of progress in the PL - a lack of lean. It's possible to do FL variations without pressing down/away on the bar much, which results in the arm angle not being what it should be for that current progression (which is analogous to the degree of lean in a PL when you compare lifting into a tuck PL vs leaning into it). If that's the case, going from flat tuck to straddle becomes a big issue, for FL and PL.

Thoughts?

Yaad Mohammad

I think a big part of lack of progress in the FL for some people is due to the same reason as a lack of progress in the PL - a lack of lean. It's possible to do FL variations without pressing down/away on the bar much, which results in the arm angle not being what it should be for that current progression (which is analogous to the degree of lean in a PL when you compare lifting into a tuck PL vs leaning into it). If that's the case, going from flat tuck to straddle becomes a big issue, for FL and PL.

Thoughts?

I don't see the problem. The only reason why a full planche is harder than a tuck planche is because you have to lean much more in a full planche than you have to in a tuck planche. That's why we have the progressions, tuck planche, advanced tuck planche, straddle tuck planche and full planche to gradually increase the lean.