Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

best workout split

DiTi

im training front/back lever ,planche,handstand,pistol squats and one arm chin ups every day and i do 5sets of max reps/hold . im not getting good results from this workout split because i think im not getting enought rest i just wanna ask u guys to share ur oppinion about whats the best workout split when training aot of skills?

Connor Davies

There's a standard push/pull/legs split in the weightlifting world, but with bodyweight skills it's harder to divide the movements like that.

There's an upperbody/lowerbody split which is quite effective, and core work can be divided into each one depending on the point of emphasis.

Also used often is a straight arm / bent arm split, which works quite well as well.

Either way, you need to work your skills less often!  two or three max strength days for each skill is more than enough. 

here is a program that i made 

day.1 handbalancing-upperbody push 

handstand hold 5x max hold

handstand push ups 3x5

advenced tucked planche hold 5x max hold

tucked planche push ups 3x5 

day.2 bar work-upperbody pull

back lever hold 5xmax hold

single leg front lever hold 5xmax hold

weighted chin ups 5x3 (40% of my bodyweight)

day.3 legs 

pistol squats 5x5

and PNF streching 

day.4 repeat or rest if needed

so this is my program plz tell me what u think about it and if i should add more exercises to it. im trying to keep my intensity high for max strength gain

Connor Davies

I'm trying to keep my intensity high for max strength gain

I too thought as you do.  Then I hurt myself a bunch of times, plateau'd and bought F1.  Never regretted it.

I'm not going to say much on your program, just that you have zero lower back work.  I'd do something to address that.

back lever and planche are the best for lower back and im also going to start working on handstand presses soon i think thats enought lower back work  

i think my program is good but it can be improved 

i also made this other program and i think its better 

day.1

back lever hold 5xmax hold

straddle planche hold 5xmax hold

handstand push ups 3x5

day.2

front lever hold 5xmax hold

v sit hold 5xmax hold (trying to get better at manna)

one arm chin up negative 5x2

day.3 

pistol squats 3x8

PNF streching

so this is the new program that i made 

i also do handstand hold 5 times a week.i train handstand more becuase i think it better for building muscle memory and i got alot more resluts from practising handstand everyday

tell me what u think about my program . and if u like it try it out . also tell me if i need to add any other exercise to it 

thank u for reading this :)

in day.1 u can also do the planche first if u want and then the back lever because when u do back lever u wont have that much energy left to perform a planche 

ROBERT Burtchell

Have you looked into maybe

Mon/thurs- planch, front/back lever, v-sit

Tues/Friday- handstand, pistol, one arm chin

Wed/sat- rest?

Or

Week 1: mon/frid- planch, front/back lever, v-sit

Wed- handstand, one arm chin, pistol

Week 2: mon/frid- handstand, pistol, one arm chin

Wed- planch, front/back lever, v-sit

Rest tues/thurs/sat each week.

This would give adequate rest/volume for skill work

Have you looked into maybe
Mon/thurs- planch, front/back lever, v-sit
Tues/Friday- handstand, pistol, one arm chin
Wed/sat- rest?
Or
Week 1: mon/frid- planch, front/back lever, v-sit
Wed- handstand, one arm chin, pistol
Week 2: mon/frid- handstand, pistol, one arm chin
Wed- planch, front/back lever, v-sit
Rest tues/thurs/sat each week.
This would give adequate rest/volume for skill work

well ill try those programs and then ill see which one works best for me.thank u

ROBERT Burtchell

Let me know. Personally I've tried both versions and had amazing gains in both of them. I did find that my recovery was much better on the second program, and allowed for more intense training during each session, but if you know how to adjust intensities to allow for daily training, the first one works very well too.

ye rest is really important to progress.but i have seen some reallly advenced gymnasts working on all their skills in one day and then they took the other day rest and then they repeat so their program is like this 

day.1

work on all the skills they wanna learn

day.2 rest

and then repeat

i used this split but i got tierd really fast because im working on alot of skills and when i train all of them in 1 day i do the first ones with good form but then i get tierd and fail to perform the other exercises.i think this split is good when ur working on mastering 2 or max 3 skills 

ROBERT Burtchell

ye rest is really important to progress.but i have seen some reallly advenced gymnasts working on all their skills in one day and then they took the other day rest and then they repeat so their program is like this 

day.1

work on all the skills they wanna learn

day.2 rest

and then repeat

i used this split but i got tierd really fast because im working on alot of skills and when i train all of them in 1 day i do the first ones with good form but then i get tierd and fail to perform the other exercises.i think this split is good when ur working on mastering 2 or max 3 skills

True, but they didn't just start trying to do that. They all had to start walking before they could run. Same thing goes with programming. Your body isn't going to initially be able to handle the adaptive stress, and you will fatigue causing your performance to suffer.

umm a couple of points:

1. No matter how well rounded your program is you're not going to see results unless you stick with it for a good length of time. Took me nearly 5 months to see any real progress with F1 but now I see improvements from workout to workout.
  2. With 1. in mind, design a program that you are going to be able to stick to in the long term. Doing what sometimes feels like  "not enough" is more often than not better than doing more.
  3. It's important to build work capacity first. It's worth building up volume in lower level exercises first rather than constantly training max holds, this ensures that you can perform the max holds correctly and have less chance of injury.
  4. How's your stretching plan looking?

Good luck!

• Upvote 3

i tryed my 3 day split i think is good.the workout is about 40mins per day and high intensity-low voliume and 2-3mins rest between sets 

day.1                                                                          

handstand hold 5xmax hold

advenced tucked planche hold 5x10seconds

full back lever hold 5x10-15seconds

free standing handstand push ups 3x3

day.2

single leg font lever 5x20sec

v sit hold 5x15sec

OAC negatice 5x2

day.3

pistol squats 5x5

PNF streching (advenced streching for side splits)

i think ill stick to this program for the next few months