• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Are these type of pushups any good ?

Deins Drengers

Deins Drengers

Was just surfing through videos on youtube and I found this on :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfMwGjjjlrY

And for fun I tried the pushup variation when ur fingers are pointing at your feet and I could do only 1 ( not gona try them again anytime soon because they are hard on the wrists ) 

Does anyone have any experience with these?

Just being curious about the advantages of learning these types of pushups would be. 

ADRIANO FLORES CANO

Those aren't even close to real PPP ; well, maybe crossfit style, but definitely not proper PPP. 

Deins Drengers

Not comparing them to PPPs but would there be nay benefits of doing them ? ( excluding to teach your nervous system more movement patterns, more movement patterns learnt - easier life  ) 

Not comparing them to PPPs but would there be nay benefits of doing them ? ( excluding to teach your nervous system more movement patterns, more movement patterns learnt - easier life  ) 

Not if you are already doing PPP.

Joshua Slocum

Excluding any other errors in the video, there's one crucial flaw: turning your hands backwards in a planche lean is a bad choice for beginners, as it places a great deal of stress on the biceps tendons. So don't do them as demonstrated in the video. 

• Upvote 1

Tried these once.  Really hard on your wrists.  Do not recommend.

it's actually easier on the wrist.  Pushups with hands forward has more pressure on the wrist.  Pushup with hands backward takes more stress off the wrist and it puts it on the elbows

Connor Davies

it's actually easier on the wrist.  Pushups with hands forward has more pressure on the wrist.  Pushup with hands backward takes more stress off the wrist and it puts it on the elbows

Depends where you put your hands.  If they're too far forward you're hyperextending at the wrist.

Not comfortable on the wrists for me unless i am very close to pseudo planche pushup hand placement... Wrists a little tight from hitting the bags