Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How to significantly strengthen tendons?

The Silverback

The Silverback

Im a weightlifting right now but I want to do strongman eventually and I want to develop powerful tendons, like an orangutan.

I want to be the strongest man to ever walk the planet, some of my goals in life are to shrug 525 lb dumbbells, military press 625, curl 225 lb dumbbells, do a pull up with enough weight on me to be where my Bw+added weight=700 lbs. and close a hand gripper that takes around 1800 lbs to close. I want to prove the world man can be stronger than primate. How do these feats of strength stack up to the gold medal olympic lifter records, the top notch gymnast records?

The Silverback

I don't think they're impossible. IF I accomplished those, forget human limits, would that make me the strongest man ever?

They stack up to physically impossible for anyone, ever.

I bet that guy Superman could do it, but he's off! on another mission to save! the world!

• Upvote 1

Connor Davies

Heaviest military press I've heard of was 571lb I think (please don't quote me on that) and the heaviest pullup I've heard of was with a guy hanging off another guys legs, combined total 3x bodyweight.

IF you accomplished them, yes you would be the strongest human ever, in those regards... However, a gymnast is stronger than you in that he can do a planche on rings and you can't. It is all specific, but it is a fruitless endeavor. Obviously you would get very strong, but come out disappointed because you didn't hit those numbers. You will plateau somewhere, just like humans have in the marathon... It will take a very, very long time to break 2 hours, even though it's only 3 minutes 24 seconds away.

The Silverback

I don't think doing a planche even compares to something like shrugging 525 lb dumbbells with no straps in terms of sheer strength and impressiveness. Id imagine few people can even deadlift 525 with one hand

The Silverback

And closing a monster gripper and Pinching 3 45 lb plates with one hand would likely make me have the strongest grip ever.

I do believe with strongman training, being strong in the weight room, and some gymnastics for tendon strength can make you overall stronger than some primates.

Those are some lofty goals indeed, I have no idea if half of them are possible but if you manage any of them a video would be amazing to see! Static work is good for the tendons, there's plenty of articles and discussion on the board as how to train those elements.
Lifting extremely heavy weights very short distances in an explosive manner is also a method that can be used, I do recall a post on here somewhere a few years ago about using second class levers to for this purpose and some explanation as to how to use them, there was also a machine that I think Joshua Naterman was proposing to build but I don't recall if he ever did. 

As for becoming stronger than a Orangutan I don't think that's possible simply due to genetics, they're designed to move around freely in trees, we're designed primarily for covering extremely long distances (obviously this is a gross oversimplification)

Good luck you crazy SOB!

Joseph Blazuk

On a more serious note, the current non-interventional means of healing (and strengthening) tendons are relative rest (since tendinopathy is almost always an overuse issue), form/technique correction, graduated progressive strengthening though eccentric exercises.

Hmmm.... since when did "Strongman bodies" become "Gymnastic Bodies"?

Can't you see what you're saying sounds a bit silly?

Yes, I do kinda have to wonder what sort of answer you are actually hoping for.

No human gymnast could possibly compete with a brachiating monkey or ape

Edit;

On the rings, pbars, bar or horse. I have a feeling the body mechanics for the floor.and dismounts are in favour of humans, but i couldn't say for sure

. That is why trained animals are not allowed in the Olympics. A dolphin in swimming or a real silverback in lifting would be a somewhat skewed contest and not really representative of human excellence.

Not to discourage you from shooting for the top, but comparison to the same species is probably a more objective and reasonable measure of your progress.

HOLY CRAP I WANT TO SEE THE GORILLA OLYMPIC WEIGHTLIFTING TEAM. SO MUCH.

Addendum-

Thank you for givinge an opportunity to write this post :) good luck with training and for all your gymnastics strength questions we will absolutely help and encourage you :)

• Upvote 2

Addendum 2--

Www.elitefitness.com/forum/weight-training-weight-lifting/hypothetical-how-much-can-a-gorilla-lift-big-3-a-433558.html

Now that I think about it, i bet the top female gymnasts could conceivably challenge ye average ape on women's events, lower body dominant as they are. Mens upper body dominant? Not a prayer.

Connor Davies

No human gymnast could possibly compete with a brachiating monkey or ape...... On the rings.

Oh come on.  Have you seen how long an orangutangs arms are?  Basic physics tells us that if their arms are twice as long, an iron cross would be twice as hard...

Oh come on. Have you seen how long an orangutangs arms are? Basic physics tells us that if their arms are twice as long, an iron cross would be twice as hard...

I stand by this by dint of sheer upper to lower body ratio. They are basically a small, lovable sack between two massive arms

• Upvote 2

FREDERIC DUPONT

(...) That is why trained animals are not allowed in the Olympics. (...)

:facepalm:

You win the un-winnable thread Jon! :blink:

• Upvote 2

Joshua Slocum

I want to prove the world man can be stronger than primate. 

That would be rather difficult, as humans are a kind of primate...

• Upvote 2

Connor Davies

That would be rather difficult, as humans are a kind of primate...

It sounds to me like an epic comic book.

THE WORLD MAN vs PRIMATE!!!