Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Reverse Planche!? Street Workout vs Gymnastics

ForzaCavaliere

I watched this before. His FL rows are one of the best I've ever seen. He almost got the bar to touch his hips in that first rep.

Yeah i know he has got his hips to hit the bar before I saw a video of him on his russian facebook vk.com and he used a false grip and touched the bar to his hips for 3 reps! But here I think its more impressive as he has no false grip and his arms are wider.

False grip also brings the bar closer toward the body since the hands are flexed and you are gripping it on the wrists. I've seen a number of people touch the bar in a FL row with a false grip, but seen only a few touch the body without a false grip.

False grip also brings the bar closer toward the body since the hands are flexed and you are gripping it on the wrists. I've seen a number of people touch the bar in a FL row with a false grip, but seen only a few touch the body without a false grip.

Just curious, who have you seen touch the hips to the bar without a false grip? I don't actually think i've seen anyone do it like that and Roman is the closest i've seen and his arms were wide too. If you could give find a youtube link or something I wanna see them.

I think I saw Zef (Zakaveli) did, but I can't find the video anymore, I think it's in his facebook page or something. I also saw a Ukrainian or Russian street workout athlete who did it, but I don't remember which video it was. There is also the Ukrainian guy who has severely atrophied legs who could do it, but that doesn't count. Matteo Spinazzola can do it, but only in piked layout. Also, forum member Yaad did it, but he kipped a bit.

I think this is the video of zef doing them http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1CKw92yuww

He has a false grip and his hips do not touch the bar although very close to it. And piked isn't too hard compared to a full front lever pull up lol. Yaad was swinging and kipped but he can do them with a false grip no kip or swing. The russian guy was probably vadim oleynik he has a sick front lever but in my opinion roman myagkov has the best front lever pull ups by far in what i've seen

That video of Zef is not the one I was referring to. The one I was referring to was done by a swimming pool and its not in his youtube channel.

I know piked is nowhere near as hard as full lay, but I haven't seen any other videos of FL rows with bar to the body in the other layouts/progressions. I know Yaad said he can do them without kipping in half lay, but did he have a video of him doing it with false grip in full lay? Probably Roman Myagkov's are the best I've seen, the other comparable ones I saw were a long time ago so I don't remember exactly how they looked like.

Yaad Mohammad

I think this is the video of zef doing them http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1CKw92yuww

He has a false grip and his hips do not touch the bar although very close to it. And piked isn't too hard compared to a full front lever pull up lol. Yaad was swinging and kipped but he can do them with a false grip no kip or swing. The russian guy was probably vadim oleynik he has a sick front lever but in my opinion roman myagkov has the best front lever pull ups by far in what i've seen

I didn't use false grip in this one, I just used slight momentum:

At 1:23 you see me doing them with no false-grip, touching the bar twice, and I kip on the third one. But once again, I use some momentum, so it's not 100% legit.

Edit:

Decided to try full-lay, locked arms and no false-grip on a single ring:

Doing them on a single ring is much harder, can't even touch the ring with advanced tuck because my body stands in the way of my arms, I think if I'd try it on bars I'd be very very close.

That video of Zef is not the one I was referring to. The one I was referring to was done by a swimming pool and its not in his youtube channel.

I know piked is nowhere near as hard as full lay, but I haven't seen any other videos of FL rows with bar to the body in the other layouts/progressions. I know Yaad said he can do them without kipping in half lay, but did he have a video of him doing it with false grip in full lay? Probably Roman Myagkov's are the best I've seen, the other comparable ones I saw were a long time ago so I don't remember exactly how they looked like.

Here is the video of me a long time ago doing it with false-grip and not starting out locked

: http://instagram.com/p/cL34y6McBS/

I never really trained for it, so I'll start training them soon seeing it's quite a rare move.

I've never seen one done slowly though. If someone could hold a static FL row at the peak ROM with the body touching, that would be impressive.

I've never seen one done slowly though. If someone could hold a static FL row at the peak ROM with the body touching, that would be impressive.

I've seen that done with piked layout before.

Actually I am sure that there are many better front levers than this.  Allan held a 30s front lever at about 7 years old.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Haha, Coach knows how to make a point.

I've seen that done with piked layout before.

I think I've seen that one before! I wonder if he could do it in a flat tuck, would it make a difference do you think? They can't be much different in difficulty.

I just found another video of someone doing a bar to hip FL row without kipping or false grip. The first rep has some swing, but the second one did not, and the rest of them were close to full ROM (bar to hips).

I think I've seen that one before! I wonder if he could do it in a flat tuck, would it make a difference do you think? They can't be much different in difficulty.

He probably can. Flat tuck lengthens the lever slightly more so it should only be a bit harder.

Matteo Spinnazola can hold the top with a false grip but it looks like he is not quite touching the bar but very close, he's also the one who can do it in piked form pulling up and holding the top:

And I've seen those front lever pull ups before they're really amazing but it looks like he's kinda sagging his body down before each pull up. And also the thickness of the bar matters as if it is a thick bar and your hands are on top of it its easier to hit the bottom of it then on a 1 inch pull up bar. I think I actually saw someone else do full rom with no false grip if I find it ill post it here.

• Upvote 1

Here's the video, he actually had a false grip but still he did 6 full ROM front lever pull ups at around 1:42 but at 0:20 he did a hands turned outwards full ROM  front lever pull up and actually his body went past the bar and there was no false grip. There may have been a bit of momentum since he pulled up as soon as he got into the lever but still his body went past the bar and his hands were turned outwards, haven't seen anything like that before.

Yaad Mohammad

Guys, what is the best one arm front lever you guys have seen? I just started out doing them with locked arms, current progress:

post-2312-0-40268500-1383479668_thumb.jp

And this is with bent arms, not really a one arm front lever:

post-2312-0-95882900-1383479739_thumb.jp

My goal is to get it with locked and retracted scapula!

• Upvote 2