Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Reverse Planche!? Street Workout vs Gymnastics

ForzaCavaliere

I've seen a video of a guy holding the front lever for 54 seconds. Can't find it anymore. Point being, 30 seconds really isn't the record.

Wow. I'd really be interested in seeing that. Was he in perfect form the whole time? Because as soon as he gets slightly below parallel then it doesn't count and it seems like many people like to add that to their time anyways 

Thanks for clearing that up and wow 30 seconds full planche the front lever world record is only 33 seconds - zalimhan kambalov but actually Roman Myagkov has the unofficial front lever record of 39-40 seconds.

I've just seen the video of Roman Myagkov's longest FL hold and the arms weren't locked so it's right that it's not official. How about Zalimhan Kambalov's FL record hold? I can't find a video of it.

I'm not trying to knock on them, but I'm still pretty sure that there are other people who have held or can hold a FL longer than those two people. 

I've just seen the video of Roman Myagkov's longest FL hold and the arms weren't locked so it's right that it's not official. How about Zalimhan Kambalov's FL record hold? I can't find a video of it.

I'm not trying to knock on them, but I'm still pretty sure that there are other people who have held or can hold a FL longer than those two people. 

Here is the official front lever world record Zalimhan Kambalov:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if3oQjlQIj0

Hmm are you sure Roman Myagkovs arms aren't locked? They look completely locked to me and in every other video of him doing front levers he always has 100% locked arms. And its not official since he hasn't attempted it with the proper people spectating to make it a world record. Also Roman Myagkov has the best one arm front lever i've ever seen and the best front lever pull ups i've seen. Not to mention Roman can do 15 dead hang oen arm pull ups. Does anybody know what the one arm pull up world record is? His front lever strength is ridiculous watch this video and his 39 second front lever is at the very end:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1Y4H0RrTZA

I've seen all his FL videos on his youtube channel and I don't think I even saw one FL with locked arms. His 40 second FL hold does not look like it was done with locked arms. You haven't seen enough OAFLs if you think his is the best. His FL rows are very good and also one of the best I've ever seen. I'm sure he can hold a FL with locked arms for a long time, but not near as much as his 39 second slightly bent arm FL. His 15 OAPs weren't really dead hang as he kipped a bit and they were only slightly more than half ROM.

It's harder to tell with Zalimhan Kambalov's FL in that video, but I'm guessing it is also done with slightly bent arms. I can still be wrong here as it's very hard to tell in that video. One way to distinguish between a bent arm FL and locked arm FL is to see if there is a crease in the middle of the forearm just above the elbow crook and if the biceps looked tensed, flexed, or puffed up.

I've seen all his FL videos on his youtube channel and I don't think I even saw one FL with locked arms. His 40 second FL hold does not look like it was done with locked arms. You haven't seen enough OAFLs if you think his is the best. His FL rows are very good and also one of the best I've ever seen. I'm sure he can hold a FL with locked arms for a long time, but not near as much as his 39 second slightly bent arm FL. His 15 OAPs weren't really dead hang as he kipped a bit and they were only slightly more than half ROM.

It's harder to tell with Zalimhan Kambalov's FL in that video, but I'm guessing it is also done with slightly bent arms. I can still be wrong here as it's very hard to tell in that video. One way to distinguish between a bent arm FL and locked arm FL is to see if there is a crease in the middle of the forearm just above the elbow crook and if the biceps looked tensed, flexed, or puffed up.

Can you show me a perfectly straight arm front lever? To me it looks like Zalimhans are as straight as they can be and im kinda confused now i don't think i've ever seen a straighter arm front lever than zalimhans. And Roman Myagkovs OAFL is the only one i've seen that was parallel to the ground, his arm is bent slightly but still i've never seen a straight arm OAFL that was parallel, all are below. In your opinion, who do you think has the best form OAFL? Evgeny Kocherga probably is better form as his arm is straight and also Andžejus Žilo can do OAFL pull ups but it seems like his arm is slightly bent too. So idk whos OAFL could be better than his besides those 2 maybe

Can you show me a perfectly straight arm front lever? To me it looks like Zalimhans are as straight as they can be and im kinda confused now i don't think i've ever seen a straighter arm front lever than zalimhans. And Roman Myagkovs OAFL is the only one i've seen that was parallel to the ground, his arm is bent slightly but still i've never seen a straight arm OAFL that was parallel, all are below. In your opinion, who do you think has the best form OAFL? Evgeny Kocherga probably is better form as his arm is straight and also Andžejus Žilo can do OAFL pull ups but it seems like his arm is slightly bent too. So idk whos OAFL could be better than his besides those 2 maybe

I can't find a video or photo of a locked arm FL at the moment, but will post one if I find one in the next few days. I'm only weeks away from a full FL and I always do mines with locked arms so if I still can't find one then I will record mines and post it here.

The OAFL closest to perfect form that I've seen on video is by Matteo Spinazzola in the following video at 9:17 and 9:19

Second best OAFL I've seen on video is by Evgeny Kocherga.

I can't find a video or photo of a locked arm FL at the moment, but will post one if I find one in the next few days. I'm only weeks away from a full FL and I always do mines with locked arms so if I still can't find one then I will record mines and post it here.

The OAFL closest to perfect form that I've seen on video is by Matteo Spinazzola in the following video at 9:17 and 9:19

Are you sure about that his arms aren't locked? They look really locked to me.  I have this old video of me laying around:

It looks like my arms aren't completely locked, but I can assure you, they are completely locked. I always perform SAS moves with  completely locked arms otherwise I just... don't count them.

Haha Matteos is not the best at all. He's leaning over to one side and his body is sideways shaped. Its much easier than a normal OAFL hold its like holding a one arm back lever leaning in the other direction so its like a yoyo movement in gimbarr it takes almost no strength to hold. Try holding a front lever but lean in the same direction and keep 2 hands on the bar, I can do it and I can't even 2 arm front lever it really isn't hard at all.

Haha Matteos is not the best at all. He's leaning over to one side and his body is sideways shaped. Its much easier than a normal OAFL hold its like holding a one arm back lever leaning in the other direction so its like a yoyo movement in gimbarr it takes almost no strength to hold. Try holding a front lever but lean in the same direction and keep 2 hands on the bar, I can do it and I can't even 2 arm front lever it really isn't hard at all.

I think you should look closely again because he wasn't rotated all the way like in a meathook and it doesn't look like it's giving him any support. His torso is pretty close to being in a horizontal plane. There are even old videos of his OAFLs where his torso is rotated somewhat downwards like Evgeny Kocherga's, but not as good. 

Are you sure about that his arms aren't locked? They look really locked to me.  I have this old video of me laying around:

It looks like my arms aren't completely locked, but I can assure you, they are completely locked. I always perform SAS moves with  completely locked arms otherwise I just... don't count them.

I guess your natural full extension is less than 180 degrees. I believe you that they are locked when you say they are, but I wanted to show Frahebede how the biceps, elbows, and forearms will look in a locked arm FL compared to a bent arm one and you can't really see it in your video angle.

http://youtu.be/PkBDxA7qO8k

i'm sure that this is locked elbows

I'm sure too, but we can't really see his elbow crook clearly to show how it would look like compared to a bent arm one. 

I think you should look closely again because he wasn't rotated all the way like in a meathook and it doesn't look like it's giving him any support. His torso is pretty close to being in a horizontal plane. There are even old videos of his OAFLs where his torso is rotated somewhat downwards like Evgeny Kocherga's, but not as good. 

I guess your natural full extension is less than 180 degrees. I believe you that they are locked when you say they are, but I wanted to show Frahebede how the biceps, elbows, and forearms will look in a locked arm FL compared to a bent arm one and you can't really see it in your video angle.

I'm sure too, but we can't really see his elbow crook clearly to show how it would look like compared to a bent arm one. 

Alright, that's true. My natural full extension is 180 degrees I think. If you look at 00:26, I slightly turn out the rings which gives you a better angle of my locked arms. As soon as it's turned in, you'll notice my biceps sticking out which is probably why it looks it's not locked.

I certainly believe you when you say it's locked. What I meant is that I couldn't see the elbow pit to make meaningful comparisons for other people to see.

Matteo is very strong but he still is leaning like in a meathook at least a little and just a little makes its much much easier than actually being straight. If you do a one arm back lever slightly twisting towards a meathook it is significantly easier than holding it completely straight and its exactly the same for OAFL. And look at this pic of Matteos OAFL which you said was one of the best you've seen:

http://i.imgur.com/A9Whx4k.jpg

You can clearly see he is twisted a lot to the side but from the other angle it looks less but its not and this is so much easier than a true OAFL. I still think Evgeny Kochergas OAFL is the best ever done and I think Roman Myagkovs is the second best even though his arm is slightly bent its consistent and perfectly parallel to the ground. Also this guy Andžejus Žilo's OAFL is one of the bests and only guy ive seen do one arm front lever pull ups: (OAFL pull ups at 0:16 but the whole video is amazing)

Matteo is very strong but he still is leaning like in a meathook at least a little and just a little makes its much much easier than actually being straight. If you do a one arm back lever slightly twisting towards a meathook it is significantly easier than holding it completely straight and its exactly the same for OAFL. And look at this pic of Matteos OAFL which you said was one of the best you've seen:

http://i.imgur.com/A9Whx4k.jpg

You can clearly see he is twisted a lot to the side but from the other angle it looks less but its not and this is so much easier than a true OAFL. I still think Evgeny Kochergas OAFL is the best ever done and I think Roman Myagkovs is the second best even though his arm is slightly bent its consistent and perfectly parallel to the ground. Also this guy Andžejus Žilo's OAFL is one of the bests and only guy ive seen do one arm front lever pull ups: (OAFL pull ups at 0:16 but the whole video is amazing)

Fair enough. I don't have any experience with the meathook and that variation of the OAFL so I guess I will have to take your word for it. It didn't really look like there was much leaning of the body on his arm when he was slightly rotated upwards so I thought there wasn't much support.

Evgeny Kocherga's OAFL is definitely better than Roman Myagkov's. A slight arm bend makes it a lot easier than a slightly lower body. I've seen Andzejus Zilo's OAFL rows in the SWCS 2013 and the first rep was beastly. I've seen another guy (Vladimir Sadkov) do OAFL rows before, but the form was far from Zilo's.