Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Working with long bicep and tricep tendons

Fluidity

I looked up some information today and found out that based on what I see I have pretty long bicep and tricep tendons, and they are supposedly really helpful for plyometrics.

When it comes to long tendons, are they something that can be changed when in adolenscence? What exactly would help stretch out tendons? Could things like planche leans, and back levers be useful? As for triceps could BW tricep extensions and dips be another useful thing to look at?

Another question that comes to mind is that are there any ways that tendons can be shortened?

To some very minor degree, yes.

What precisely are you trying to achieve here? :huh:

Oh I was just wondering if getting longer tendons would be benefical to explosive movements such as throwing and punching as well as general plyometrics  :)

You were born with this degree of tendon length. There is absolutely nothing that you can do or have done that will change or affect this.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 1

You were born with this degree of tendon length. There is absolutely nothing that you can do or have done that will change or affect this.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Okay thanks coach. I guess I'll be staying with what I have and make the most out of it. :)

Niklas Slotte

I read some time ago that they tried to surgically alter muscle insertion points of athletes in the USSR, or a similar place in that time period, to gain more favorable leverages. These experiments were done on adult athletes. As you might guess, the affected areas didn't withstand the forces and ruptures/injuries were unavoidable.

Connor Davies

I read some time ago that they tried to surgically alter muscle insertion points of athletes in the USSR, or a similar place in that time period, to gain more favorable leverages. These experiments were done on adult athletes. As you might guess, the affected areas didn't withstand the forces and ruptures/injuries were unavoidable.

That's pretty much the way I would imagine that working out.  Still, cool to know someone had the balls to try it.

That's pretty much the way I would imagine that working out.  Still, cool to know someone had the balls to try it.

I dunno, I feel kind of sorry for the athletes. Reminiscent of the Japanese women swimmers getting very upset at being stripped of the medals, claiming that the coaches gave them steroids in vitamin water and they were unknowing pawns in trialling what they could get past the testing.

Even more so in the competitive USSR environment. There'd always be someone with 99% of the ability of the top competitors who would willingly do something like this for the edge, because you're eiher elite or you're out.

It seems to me that to sport scientists and institutions, it can sometimes become easy to say that there will always be another crop of athletes upcoming, and have no moral issues with writing off the current group for experimentation.

• Upvote 1

FREDERIC DUPONT

(...) cool to know someone had the balls to try it.

Excellent tovarich...

I'll try it on you, don't worry, it is safe; sign here, or you won't see your family for 50 years :)

Every medal is a political victory!

• Upvote 1