Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Weighted straddle/pike press, wall leg lifts

Martynas Morkūnas

Martynas Morkūnas

Straddle and pike presses are easy enough for me so I'm thinking about making it harder. Maybe adding some ankle weights (2.5kg to each ankle) would bring some benefit?

The same about wall leg lifts. Tried them weighted and it feels very good on my lower back and abs. Is it good way to improve my HSP, build some lower back strength? By the way, would it carryover to my planche or it has nothing to do with it?

I still cannot press up from L or Straddle L, so hard for me, but I can do 10 consecutive standing straddle presses.. Maybe I should learn from L to HS before moving on to weighted work?

Keilani Gutierrez

it would target your hip girdle, some of your legs, your lower back/abs. 

so anything depending on that regarding mobility, would react positively to it :)

im sure some ankle weights could be used around the time you achieve full flexion or some time before as long as mobility gains are there. 

as for the planche carry over, i wouldnt know since im not at that level yet, same for Straddle L, as long as you work it actively and passively, i dont see why it wouldn't be of benefit :) 

I'm building my closed straddle actively and to relax a bit, passively and it's consistently gotten better.