Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anyone stopped training and had their wrist flare up?

Joel Tomkins

Ages ago I learnt my lesson about pushing too hard in my planche training when I encountered some wrist pain. I've backed right off my static holds and have been working on psuedo planche push ups which was going fine and I knew when to take it easy. I have hardly trained in the last two weeks due to a cold but my wrist has flared up and is at the point where even supporting my son in the water at swimming lessons had to be done with my right hand. My food intake has been lower than usual as well but not anything crazy.

I'm going to buy H1 and start that once it goes back to normal to make sure I'm really preparing my wrists right but has anyone else had this happen before? That is, had their wrists (or other joints) been ok and then stopped training/eating as much and had pain flare up?

Geoffrey Wielingen

I had a similar problem about which I asked some advice in this thread: https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/11811-advice-requested-concerning-returning-wrist-pains/

My physios (yes, plural...) thought exercising helped because it trained the muscles that are supposed to stabilise the wrist. The exercises I did look a lot like the wrist work in H1, so they might help you as well.

I actually did read your thread when you posted it. Thanks for reminding me though! 

Seeing as it's getting worse and I'm doing my best to avoid any kind of axial loading it's what lead me to suspect that maybe a lack of movement and training could cause a reduced amount of blood flow, combined with sickness and a slightly reduced diet may be enough to cause reduced recovery rates. H1 is definitely my next move so in the mean time I'll keep wrapping it, try some warm compresses, and I've just made up some bone broth for some extra collagen and other minerals. 

Keilani Gutierrez

i had some bike related bails (falling over my bars with my hands infront of me for protection) that put quite a lot of mileage on both of them, introducing "wrist novel movements" for my elbow/wrist in my warm up or doing it while im driving gives me something to do in relation to moving tissues around when im not or am working out and it's helped along with the H1 wrist work.

just youtube search "wrist novel movements" and its the first video, hope that serves you well :)

hope you recover soon!

• Upvote 1

Geoffrey Wielingen

<< This is the video KeilaniG is talking about.

Something else that might help is wrapping your wrists at night. Sometimes while sleeping you might put your hand in a compromised position.

• Upvote 1

Keilani Gutierrez

<< This is the video KeilaniG is talking about.

Something else that might help is wrapping your wrists at night. Sometimes while sleeping you might put your hand in a compromised position.

An error occurred

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

I was shown that video last time my wrist was playing up. I should probably be doing them more though! 

Thanks for the responses!

hope you recover soon!

Me too, there is nothing more frustrating than having the motivation to work hard but not being able to!