Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Athletic, looking to get into bodyweight training. Foundation 1?

Conor Chung

Hey guys, I've always been fairly athletic, sports all my life. Recently I've been rockclimbing as my sport of choice. 

Im looking to get into gymnastics, I've always been interested but I've always been playing some other sport. 

Is foundation one a good entry level program? I do handstands (although im sure with very bad form) and have been learning how to backflip/frontflip. 

Im looking to spend about 2 hours a day, 6 days a week at minimum. What is a reasonable time frame before foundation one mastery? I've heard else where that it can take years, but im 19 and young :P

Also, does foundation one come with a good stretching regiment? Im fairly clueless when it comes to anything other than basic stretches/ I know none of the science behind it. 

Im looking to learn why, as well as how.

Oh and last but not least, what equipment is needed for foundation one, and could I build it? DIY syle

Thanks for the info

-Conor

Connor Davies

Foundation One is absolutely the starting point you're looking for. It builds progressions from the very beginning, and includes a lot of mobility work along the way. Foundation One is only the beginning, and you will need to master F1-4 by the end. These are only preparatory elements, and Coach will be releasing a lot more advanced material in the future.

If you want a decent handstand, buy Handstand One.

It can take a very long time to master F1, but it depends entirely on what level of strength you are currently at. You need to test for mastery of each level before you can progress to the next one. In the unlikely event you can pass mastery for every single exercise and it's integrated mobility, you can return the product within the first thirty days and move on to F2. (To my knowledge, no-one has ever done this.)

At a very minimum you will need a set of rings, a five pound dumbbell and a fifteen pound dumbbell. Stall bars, parallel bars and a high bar will all be needed later on in the program, and there is no reason you can't build these yourself. I know others on the forum have done so.

Working out for 12 hours a week is not unreasonable, but F1 alone will not take you anywhere near that long. Just remember there is a huge difference between what you're capable of doing, and what is best for you to do. Remember to prioritize your Foundation work above other training you may decide to include. Extra cardio work is generally recommended. As a climber, you may wish to include specific grip strength training or skill specific climbing.

The program is a lot more flexible than it first appears. Hope to see you in the forums.

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...

Hello Bipocni, I know that this post is one year old.  I'm interested in purchasing F1 series as well; however, after purchasing F1 series, is there a grace period or expiration to the course?  (meaning,do I own the course permanently or for only a short period?)

Thank you in advance.

Joshua Slocum

Hello Bipocni, I know that this post is one year old.  I'm interested in purchasing F1 series as well; however, after purchasing F1 series, is there a grace period or expiration to the course?  (meaning,do I own the course permanently or for only a short period?)

Thank you in advance.

You own the course indefinitely. The only 'deadline' that I know of is that if you wish to return the course you have 30 days from the date of purchase to get your money back. 

• Upvote 1