Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

King of the Forum: Who Can Take Down Nigel?

Scott Malin

Gorjan Trivic

Any feedback from admins regarding our attempts in this challenge???

Is this actually good form of this exercise shown in our videos???

Anybody still working these? I've been doing 5x5 with 15lbs these past few weeks, feeling good enough to go up to 5x5 20lbs next week. Hopefully by the end of this I can get close to 40 lbs, maybe even 45! Would be pretty awesome to go to our school weight room and dislocate a barbell B-)

I've got 15kg to shoulder width and I'm gonna try a 20kg bar tonight :D I don't think I can make it look as easy as Urlacher did but it's a personal goal.

• Upvote 4

Update;

Better lighting;

:D Personal best achieved! As you can see in that first one that's the narrowest I can go with the 20 as yet, but I'm optimistic that I can train it for reps.

Twice a week working it heavy, pec/biceps stretch pre workout.

Taken after a fundamentals WoD at local crossfit

• Upvote 8

I just achieved 10.5kg, will post the video tomorrow. Really impressed by your 20kg Jon.

Urlacher got there a while ago.... Im pretty confident he's gonna come back with more....

As per that other thread on it Im not really interested in going heavier. If I can work this noticeably narrower before the competition ends Ill re submit with that

Jukka Leppänen

My entries. 2kg@50cm, 6kg@60cm and 10kg@80cm. Reps are not that pretty, I know  :)

6kg at 60cm felt actually harder than 10kg at 80cm.

Good progress I guess, since I was having trouble with 80cm unweighted when starting dislocates.

Impressive results by Jon and Urlacher. Keep it up guys!

• Upvote 2

Gorjan Trivic

Urlacher got there a while ago.... Im pretty confident he's gonna come back with more....

As per that other thread on it Im not really interested in going heavier. If I can work this noticeably narrower before the competition ends Ill re submit with that

Well, I used to do this exercise with 30kgs before, but with a bit wider grip. I will upload some videos soon.

Congrats to Jon, as I have 202cm and 115kg, and he is smaller, yet he had managed to lift 20kg on this.

That is why I love this site and Sommers work, who introduce the gymnastic traning to ordinary people. You do not need to be gymnast competetor in order to practice gymnastics. Every human being on the planet should practice gymnastics to in order to improve and maintain physical and mental health.

• Upvote 3

Nigel Leeming

Hi Urlacher, you have made me think I'm doing quite well at this after all. I had often wondered how you got to 20kg so quickly, I thought it was some freaky genetics. Now you have told us what you weigh. 115kg is almost twice my weight at only 28cm taller, so you must be a big slab of muscle :D. The fact that I can dislocate half of your magnificence is making me feel pretty good.

I wonder what Jon weighs?

Hi Urlacher, you have made me think I'm doing quite well at this after all. I had often wondered how you got to 20kg so quickly, I thought it was some freaky genetics. Now you have told us what you weigh. 115kg is almost twice my weight at only 28cm taller, so you must be a big slab of muscle :D. The fact that I can dislocate half of your magnificence is making me feel pretty good.

I wonder what Jon weighs?

I weigh in around 83 kg and 175cm, 5'10.

Nigel Leeming

Thanks Jon, I feel less adequate now. I'm 1.74m and massively overweight following 2 back injuries one after the other (nothing too serious, but not much training) at about 64kg. I need to get back down to 60ish ASAP as its bouldering competition time here in the UK, but the lack of exercise is making me heavier and heavier.

Gorjan Trivic

As I said, I used to this exercise before, and I worked this exercise with 30kgs, so lifting 15 or 20kgs should not be a problem. I wlll try 30kgs this week so I will see what happens.

We can compare lift to bodyweight ratio. Jon will have the biggest ratio 24.09% at this moment, and I should lift 30kgs in order to reach him.

Due to my height and weight, my body is slowely adapting to gymnastics, but I do not care. My goal is to be the best gymnast as I could be with my physique. The good side is that even the most basic gymnastic exercises have such a strong impact on my body due to its size that results are fantastic.

I am quite courious what next challenge will be...probably something related to handstand as well.

Also, I think that this challenge will be probably the only one in which I will be able to follow the others.

Thanks Jon, I feel less adequate now. I'm 1.74m and massively overweight following 2 back injuries one after the other (nothing too serious, but not much training) at about 64kg. I need to get back down to 60ish ASAP as its bouldering competition time here in the UK, but the lack of exercise is making me heavier and heavier.

I like how you say 'less adequate' when you have a HUGE GOLDEN CROWN IN THE CORNER :P

• Upvote 2

'Massively overweight' @ 64 kg, lol. 'Tis the season of hyperbole...

• Upvote 1

Gorjan Trivic

I am courious how much weight competetive gymnast or some GB moderators are able to lift on this exercise????

It will be interesting to compare our results to their...

Jennifer Rodriguez

I'm looking at where you are in F1 and you're seriously my hero and inspiration.    RC4? HPB3?  Really?  I'll throw a party if I ever get out of PE1 on those two. 

Now I'm feeling inadequate and overweight!  :(

Kate Abernethy

I'm going to hold you to that! A forum party in 2014 will be amazing and worth looking forward to  :D

And thank you for the compliment  :) I'd better train on Christmas Day! 

• Upvote 2

Nigel Leeming

I do like my HUGE GOLDEN CROWN. Cory promised me a T shirt too, which I shall post a HUGE PICTURE of when it arrives. Post from the US to the UK is slower than a sleepy snail though. Last time I got something from the US, it took 6 months!

• 3 months later...
Matthew Proulx

Sooo..... not that I have a vested interest or anything but how are people going with this nowadays?

I did one rep at 9kg today, will not be doing 20 anytime soon.

• Upvote 2