Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

King of the Forum: Who Can Take Down Nigel?

Scott Malin

Time has passed, and the King grows complacent on his throne. Does anyone have the gumption to overthrow Nigel?  

Your opportunity is here and your challenge is mobility.

Rules: 

1) The winner will perform a single five-second repetition of a Standing Overgrip Dislocate with a Weighted Bar.  The heaviest weighted dislocate wins.  In the event of a tie, the narrowest grip using the same weight wins.  

2) Technique must be acceptable and the submission must be shot showing the width of the grip used. 

3) It is not enough to tie the current King, you must beat his total score to take his throne.

4) The submission must be in the form of a video embedded as a reply to this thread.

5) Current ranking will determine points (1-10) and will be cumulative with the previous challenge. You must work hard to knock the King off his throne!

Sample Video with Proper Camera Angle 

http://gymnasticbodies.com/media/leaderboard/kotf-challenge2.m4v

Timeline:

-This is an on-going challenge for at least a couple months. The winner will not necessarily be he who has the best performance today, but the individual who gets after it. Train hard and train smart if you want to win.

-Multiple video submissions are expected and encouraged during the challenge. The more you're willing to be vulnerable, the more likely you will succeed.

-Where you are today does not predict the winner: you are only guaranteed to lose if you don't try. 

• Upvote 6

Keeeeeeeeeep laughing guys... Ye shall fall into my trap and I shall win undisputed... :P

Edit;

I haven't heard the soundtrack, I actually picked the first stock audio just to cover the audiobook I had playing in the background. Sorry if it's offensive.

Jaros?aw Ruszkowski

I see that dislocates are working for you like a "charm". ;)

I'll try that challenge this time. Let's "roll"!

• Upvote 2

A challenger appears!

The form blows, this is over twice the weight I've ever tried and I don't care to try it twice in a day. But y'know - Charm must go down. 25 lbs.

NIce! What's that, 12 kg.

This challenge ought to become very interesting over the course of a couple months... I wonder what people will work up to? :)

Edit; thinking out loud;

I guess half the point of this is just to get us out of our comfort zones. Ewe looks as if he can rep out with that despite it being his first try at the weight. If we're throwing around 15-20kg after being happy training with 3-5lb, then it raises the question of what we can accomplish if regular training is closer to that 20kg barrier...

Joshua Naterman

NIce! What's that, 12 kg.

This challenge ought to become very interesting over the course of a couple months... I wonder what people will work up to? :)

Edit; thinking out loud;

I guess half the point of this is just to get us out of our comfort zones. Ewe looks as if he can rep out with that despite it being his first try at the weight. If we're throwing around 15-20kg after being happy training with 3-5lb, then it raises the question of what we can accomplish if regular training is closer to that 20kg barrier...

Just be careful. You're better off increasing the weight slowly and getting used to that, and treating the challenge like this as a "max" attempt that you try perhaps 2-3x per month, but I will say that what you can do once may not be what is best for you to do daily right now. 

Be brave, accept the challenge, and test yourself... but be safe, too.

• Upvote 3

Coach Sommer

People who injure themselves in their attempt will be automatically disqualified.   :finger:

Remember our primary goal is long term health & fitness, not momentary glory.  Have fun, but be smart.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 11

People who injure themselves in their attempt will be automatically disqualified.   :finger:

Remember our primary goal is long term health & fitness, not momentary glory.  Have fun, but be smart.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Of course my excitement comes with this proviso implict ^_^ I am curious how heavy I can go but not dumb enough to push for a 'true' max attempt!

Mark Collins

I am guessing that my wide grip with 2.5kg will rank me as a peasant in servitude to the king! Can I have 3 years for this one?

I wished this challenge was German hang for time instead since I don't have a weighted bar or barbell thus I can't take part in this.

Anyways, have fun and good luck guys.

Coach Sommer

I wished this challenge was German hang for time instead since I don't have a weighted bar or barbell thus I can't take part in this.

... use a dowel amd place a weight plate in the middle of the bar.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 2

Thanks Coach! Haven't thought of that and didn't see Charm's video earlier.

Wrist/ankle weights over a mop stick >.<

I'll sort out a barbell at some point, if only for my own curiosity.

Joshua Naterman

Just be careful. You're better off increasing the weight slowly and getting used to that, and treating the challenge like this as a "max" attempt that you try perhaps 2-3x per month, but I will say that what you can do once may not be what is best for you to do daily right now. 

Be brave, accept the challenge, and test yourself... but be safe, too.

Of course my excitement comes with this proviso implict ^_^ I am curious how heavy I can go but not dumb enough to push for a 'true' max attempt!

Indeed. No one should ever perform a true max on a mobility movement. There's no extra reward, but lots of extra injury :P

Niklas Slotte

Do your Scandinavian duty and kill it!

:icon_twisted:

Let me extend that to "Fenno-Scandinavian duty" and I'll tag along!

• Upvote 1

Nigel Leeming

Here are mine and Samira's opening gambits. I managed 4kg with 100cm separation and Samira managed 1kg with ~75cm separation. Far from brilliant, but on the ladder.

The King has entered the contest! I certainly hope everyone plans to work hard on Handstand One mobility because you're going to have to bury Nigel to overcome his 10 points from the first challenge.  :icon_twisted:

I think I could do quite well at this, since I have a pretty solid overhand dislocate.

Cory, I cannot upload a video of me if i do enter this. YouTube is banned in Pakistan  :eek:  will a picture work?