Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is the Dynamic Physique real ?

Deins Drengers

Christian Sørlie

I wonder if it'll be the Rings series of the Handstand series that gives you a Handstand on the rings....o.O

My guess is Rings series as H3 "only" has F3 as a pre requisite.

Yeah, maybe you're right. Rings and Movement will be the ones I'll enjoy the most :D I'd love to be able to learn to Planche on the rings :D

Richard Hamilton

The new courses sound awesome. I have more than enough to do with H1 & F1 right now though so I'll stay focused on that for now:)

I think the Movement course will have stuff like Senders, Killers, Wheels, Germans, Arch/Hollow Snaps, Wallabys, Swinging dips, Lat flys perhaps. Who knows what Coach has planned... it's exciting though as I'm sure we'll all get a nice surprise! Whatever GymnasticBodies releases you know it's going to be a quality product! Good job GB team! :)

• Upvote 6

I don't imagine there'd be many progressions for Killers, but they may be a progression for Senders. Arch/Hollow Snaps and Wallabys are fun, and Germans would be a fantastic goal. Coach did write a piece on plyo pushups, maybe those will be included. If M1 ties in with F1 then maybe Deck Squats will be done for distance and height.

Joshua Slocum

I thought it would be stuff like jumping squats and clapping pushups. Not sure if tumbling falls into the same category.

I would love to see a tumbling course though.

Tumbling would fall into the category of movement. However it's unlikely that you'll see tumbling in the movement course, as tumbling is something which should be taught in person with a qualified instructor and proper equipment. 

• Upvote 1

I agree. I don't want to practice Rolls and other such movements at the park or in my basement.

Ralph Palutke

i wonder how far in difficulty the ring series might go. E and F skills would be :icon_twisted: ...haha

hope maltese and the corresponding progressions will be in it, as well as maltese on floor.... :)

Joshua Slocum

i wonder how far in difficulty the ring series might go. E and F skills would be :icon_twisted: ...haha

hope maltese and the corresponding progressions will be in it, as well as maltese on floor.... :)

Why would a rings series have progressions for a floor skill?

Ralph Palutke

Why would a rings series have progressions for a floor skill?

i don't know maybe as a prerequisite for a ring maltese... maltese presses on boxes aren't on the rings either are they?

josh you have a rings maltese. can you also do it on floor?

If we start Rings while we're still doing Foundation, I doubt we'll be doing Crosses or Malteses. This is because the Planche is a prerequisite for these skills, and the Straddle Planche will be achieved towards the end of the cirriculum.

If we start Rings while we're still doing Foundation, I doubt we'll be doing Crosses or Malteses. This is because the Planche is a prerequisite for these skills, and the Straddle Planche will be achieved towards the end of the cirriculum.

Maybe not in rings _one_. I doubt we'll end up in a situation where a full manna is required for muscle up and back lever work

Deins Drengers

I hope the movement series will have the pommel Horse included ( mushroom circles, floor circles, pommel horse flares etc. )

Ralph Palutke

I hope the movement series will have the pommel Horse included ( mushroom circles, floor circles, pommel horse flares etc. )

floor flares and floor airflares (don't know how they're called in gymnastics) would be more than awesome!!

• Upvote 2

Connor Davies

Yeah, Pommel Horse stuff would be awesome. But then I'll have to arrange for one...

Tell me about it.  I'm still trying to figure out where I'm going to put stall bars, parallel bars and a straight bar.

• Upvote 1

It's probably easier for me than it is for you to get this stuff..takes very little time to find a carpenter in Pakistan.

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to clarify-is F3 the next course that is coming out? We have all of these other things to look forward to, but F3 is next, right?

I'm at the in F2 for most of my skills-end of F2 for SLS, FL, and Rope Climb. I'm curious to see what F3 will look like-especially the mobility drills. Am I the only who checks the site daily in the hopes of seeing F3 up?

F3 will be out before the Rings or Movement series. I am still on F1/F2, so don't really care about F3 until I'm done with them, but am curious about the progressions. F3 should be out in a few months.

Quick Start Test Smith

*has seizure*

What I see when I look at the course outlines is the next 5-10+ years of my training life. The work to do is unimaginable...

• Upvote 1

F3 will be out before the Rings or Movement series. I am still on F1/F2, so don't really care about F3 until I'm done with them, but am curious about the progressions. F3 should be out in a few months.

Sooner than that. F3/F4 are first priority.

• Upvote 3

*has seizure*

What I see when I look at the course outlines is the next 5-10+ years of my training life. The work to do is unimaginable...

5-7 years would be the absolute upper end of the curriculum with 3-4 years being more an average. Once you get past zombie mobility levels, gains speed up tremendously.
  • Upvote 4

3-4 years to achieve more advanced ring strength is average? That's good news to me :D

I was expecting 5-7 years being the average.

• Upvote 1

You arent the only one :)

Somewhere in this thread i believe Cory confirmed F3 & 4 this year, and M1-3 next year. Haven't seen dates on rings, but indications are the best way to hasten release is for us to improve and up the average level. Its not going to be a priority release if there's like three people that can really use it as intended

Kamali Downey

This my dear friends, is one of the greatest threads to date.....

A sneak peek at the roadmap of how we will train for the next 3-7 years and Coach and Cory confirming that 3-4 years should be "average"

Can't wait to go to a seminar in a few years and witness lots of non-gymnast trained dudes casually knocking out mannas, planches, crosses and press handstands!

This my dear friends, is one of the greatest threads to date.....

A sneak peek at the roadmap of how we will train for the next 3-7 years and Coach and Cory confirming that 3-4 years should be "average"

Can't wait to go to a seminar in a few years and witness lots of non-gymnast trained dudes casually knocking out mannas, planches, crosses and press handstands!

It's really not that far off. The greatest challenge to achieving this is oneself and how willing one is to follow the program consistently and as intended.