Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is the Dynamic Physique real ?

Deins Drengers

I was hoping someone else would be 'That Guy' but is there an expected release for Movement 1? Many people here, me included, would love to begin the full integration (since rings looks a year or three in the future). Or do you not deem this community ready for the work load of three courses simultaneously? I completely respect your opinion if that is the case, I am merely curious.

Twould be awesome. I'd definitely enjoy some dynamic work, however basic I need to begin.

Which brings us back to what do I hope for first..... well, I shall look at it as time to overprepare individual parts for when I have the knowledge to run the integrated program :)

Connor Davies

Twould be awesome. I'd definitely enjoy some dynamic work, however basic I need to begin.

Which brings us back to what do I hope for first..... well, I shall look at it as time to overprepare individual parts for when I have the knowledge to run the integrated program :)

As much as I'd love to do some explosive work, I'd still prefer F3-4 to come out first.  Even though I'm at the beginning of F1 and both will probably come out by the time I finish F2, I'd much rather have the complete F-Series available to me before I start worrying about adding more work to my routine.

Besides, I've noticed that for the most part, speed can be developed just by getting stronger.

I know you've pretty much worked your way through F2 already, have you considered working the progressions from BtGB while you wait for F3 to come out?

As much as I'd love to do some explosive work, I'd still prefer F3-4 to come out first.  Even though I'm at the beginning of F1 and both will probably come out by the time I finish F2, I'd much rather have the complete F-Series available to me before I start worrying about adding more work to my routine.

Besides, I've noticed that for the most part, speed can be developed just by getting stronger.

I know you've pretty much worked your way through F2 already, have you considered working the progressions from BtGB while you wait for F3 to come out?

F3 and F4 are coming out before any other series. While Movement 1 might be more level appropriate for most people, we do honor our word by putting priority on a series we've had preorders for.

• Upvote 6

I agree; although I'd love to introduce some press and dynamic work, I know I'll probably (personally) benefit the most overall from an F3 release. I am pretty sure the first couple progressions in F3 plus current work will give me a sticking point for all the elements to spend time on.

I have considered puting some things togeher myself, but;

1) Foundation proved to me that my programming is going to be inferior to what Coach has carefully worked out and tested

2) It'd probably be fairly piecemeal and not terribly progressive other than 'jump higher, do more reps'. I also don't know how to best integrate it with the existing work

3) Working at the end of F2 is pretty close to my current limit, and an F3 release will take me a LOT longer to work through as I've not done much of it before, unlike F1+2

4) and most importantly, am going to September seminar. Won't know until then whether I'm actually working at the right level, or whether there is more to get out of easier things and I need to step back XD

Edit;

That said, there are a couple of F2 progressions I've extended with BtGB work. Only up to the point that the logical next step is pretty obvious though, like Mn.

Edit edit;

F3 and F4 are coming out before any other series. While Movement 1 might be more level appropriate for most people, we do honor our word by putting priority on a series we've had preorders for.

Sweet!

• Upvote 1

4) and most importantly, am going to September seminar. Won't know until then whether I'm actually working at the right level, or whether there is more to get out of easier things and I need to step back XD

You'd better plan on testing cert while there!

• Upvote 1

You'd better plan on testing cert while there!

Hopefully :) I thought I wouldn't be able to attend, but plans wangled themselves last minute. Confident I can demonstrate up to 1.5, otherwise obviously I wouldn't be working on those elements :) But there could be a huge gap between what I think is correct and what _is_; hopefully I don't get 'gently' referred back to PE1's, but if that's what it takes so be it~~~

Plus it's more the whole doing it perfectly after three days of training. I'm ambitious but realistic enough to know that might be too much for me yet >.<

Wow! Truly exciting news, looking forwards to the movement series and ring series course releases. Till then gotta continue to train hard so I can actually take advantage of them when they are released.

We truly are so incredibly lucky that Coach has taken the time to put together these world class gymnastic training programs for us.

• Upvote 1

Christian Sørlie

We truly are so incredibly lucky that Coach has taken the time to put together these world class gymnastic training programs for us.

Yes we are. Hope everybody realises this.

Guest SuperBru

It is isn't it.  I'm just imagining what my schedule is going to look like working Foundation, Handstand, Rings and Movement all in the same week....

I don't even have the capacity to work F7 three days a week....

I like to focus on one thing at a time, for that reason I completely understand what you mean.

Connor Davies

Confident I can demonstrate up to 1.5, otherwise obviously I wouldn't be working on those elements :) But there could be a huge gap between what I think is correct and what _is_;

So see you down here in F1 with the rest of us in a couple months, yeah? :lol:

• Upvote 1

So see you down here in F1 with the rest of us in a couple months, yeah? :lol:

Call it two weeks :)

Who cares what elements we're working as long as improvement keeps coming right?. If I can train PE1's and get the strength/mobility improvements I'm enjoying lately, then frankly that's easier to train first thing in the morning. I'm not trying to be mouthy, I know I'm not terribly strong, but  no one is working _any_ Foundation material without being certain they have or can demonstrate mastery of previous elements, as I see it :)

• Upvote 3

10-14 levels stronger than me by my count... :o

Let's not be ridiculous now; I just started with a couple years of WoDs which involved practising most of the movements in F1 and 2. The only small advantage I might have is that I seem to have good mobility amongst adult beginner.

On the other hand, this is the only chance I might ever have to be rubbing shoulders with the front of the GST pack... maybe I should keep my mouth shut and look wise before any other courses come out ;)

Edit;

Moved my cert question to the certification thread.

Ralph Palutke

this is so freaking awesome!! best news ever!! thx coach i'm so excited.

Curious about who is making the race being the most difficult ... R4 vs Hungarian... :icon_twisted:

and btw is there a reason why R4 isn't recorded yet? is it beyond the current level of your athletes or didn't you just had the time to do so?

Don't forget, it's way beyond OUR level too - I think most of us here haven't even got through F1, let alone F2, which is the prerequisite to R1! There isn't much point much in putting out a course that none of us will have use for, and will take up time in other ventures (i.e. F3 for Charm :) )

Don't forget, it's way beyond OUR level too - I think most of us here haven't even got through F1, let alone F2, which is the prerequisite to R1! There isn't much point much in putting out a course that none of us will have use for, and will take up time in other ventures (i.e. F3 for Charm :) )

Plenty of people have indicated they have worked through F2 material or more. They just aren't as talkative or curious as me :) Don't confuse being active on the forum with any particular ability~~~~ ;)

Slight aside, I'm thinking of working (re-testing where appropriate) through the current course material from the beginning again post seminar regardless of how it goes, armed with a deeper understanding of the details and standards. I've noticed that seminar attendees seem to be moving (choosing to move, I strongly suspect) a bit more slowly through the progressions but are making huge gains from them which I can only call disproportionate to the effort which IME is required for the elements and plainly, I want that too :)

I was just singling you out. I guessed there are less vocal others - after all, BtGB has been going for years, people can't have been spinning their wheels all that time.

• Upvote 1

I was just singling you out. I guessed there are less vocal others - after all, BtGB has been going for years, people can't have been spinning their wheels all that time.

Improper preparation for elements being trained, add in an injury or two as a result, and viola ... wheel spinning 101. 

- Chris

• Upvote 3

Sean Whitley

Coach, do you think you'll also bring out more materials related to skills, so something like tumbling 1? I know it's something best taught in a class, but as each skill has preparatory elements and progressions I could see it being possible for the basics. For example the cartwheel could have 10 reps of the perfect step in, then 10 of twisting and putting hands correctly. Maybe it wouldn't work as a course as such, but seeing skills broken so detailed would be the closest to having a real coach possible and far better than most youtube videos many people who start gymnastics as an adult have to rely on. This combined with the foundation, rings, movement series, gymnasticbodies would be the most complete (the strength side of it is already sounding incredible) and only self study gymnastic course available.

• Upvote 2

Coach, do you think you'll also bring out more materials related to skills, so something like tumbling 1? I know it's something best taught in a class, but as each skill has preparatory elements and progressions I could see it being possible for the basics. For example the cartwheel could have 10 reps of the perfect step in, then 10 of twisting and putting hands correctly. Maybe it wouldn't work as a course as such, but seeing skills broken so detailed would be the closest to having a real coach possible and far better than most youtube videos many people who start gymnastics as an adult have to rely on. This combined with the foundation, rings, movement series, gymnasticbodies would be the most complete (the strength side of it is already sounding incredible) and only self study gymnastic course available.

I'm guessing that the Movement series will be about these kinds of things?

Alexander Svensson

I'm guessing that the Movement series will be about these kinds of things?

I thought it would be stuff like jumping squats and clapping pushups. Not sure if tumbling falls into the same category.

I would love to see a tumbling course though.

I wonder if it'll be the Rings series of the Handstand series that gives you a Handstand on the rings....o.O