Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is the Dynamic Physique real ?

Deins Drengers

Michael Soueid

Wow fantastic news! I am already really impressed with the Foundation Courses and even more of the knowledge shared at the last seminar and seeing what's yet to come is a great motivator to train even harder :-)

This will keep me with a solid training program for then next 20 years or so easily, all I got to do is put my head down and train. Interesting that there's no mention of a stretch series, I know the current recommendation is to buy Kit's book, will this continue to be the case? I think I did read mention of a collaborative project somewhere is this still the case?

• Upvote 1

This will keep me with a solid training program for then next 20 years or so easily, all I got to do is put my head down and train. Interesting that there's no mention of a stretch series, I know the current recommendation is to buy Kit's book, will this continue to be the case? I think I did read mention of a collaborative project somewhere is this still the case?

These are just the courses that have a date on our internal timeline. It doesn't exclude the possibility of other, yet unannounced topics. :)

Kit has a lot of material coming out in the next year as well. We very highly recommend him as well as following his Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/KitLaughlinStretchTherapy so that you don't miss out announcements. 

• Upvote 4

Ho ho ho, Santa's coming to town!

(Dammit, just realized that I'll have to master 5x2 min handstand before being prepared for R2. That's insane.)

Edit: imagine all the complaining that it'll take 15 years to work through the curriculum, lol :P

Briac Roquet

15 years... Isn't that a little optimistic ?  :P

Which makes me think, Bipocni. That's probably why everyone else won't be out of business, this curriculum will scare off more than a few !

• Upvote 1

Joshua Slocum

Ho ho ho, Santa's coming to town!

(Dammit, just realized that I'll have to master 5x2 min handstand before being prepared for R2. That's insane.)

Edit: imagine all the complaining that it'll take 15 years to work through the curriculum, lol :P

Well there is a reason why most gymnasts start at a very young age.

Coach Sommer

You guys are funny.  15-20 years?  What are you planning on doing; building a full scale model of the Eiffel Tower out of toothpicks with your teeth?

The curriculum should take you 5-7 years if you train seriously.  Obviously longer if you sluff off.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 12

Piotr Ochocki

Thanks Coach for laying this out.

Now, how to become some 10-15 years younger... ;).

PS I suggest to put that info into some pinned post.

Daniel Burnham

It is very badass.  

And I am also not going to tell you (unless you happen to be at a seminar).  Let's just say that my senior athletes have been performing it for over 12 years at least once or twice a week and they still get uptight about it the night before.   :icon_twisted:

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

The hungarian is awesome!  Though I have to water it down a bit I enjoy/hate it every time.  

Daniel Burnham

Some time ago i read that someone posted that there is going to be a new book "The Dynamic Physique" - a book by Coach Sommer where the explosive exercises take place.

Does anyone have any info on this ?

I would be really looking forward to it as it would be a part of my GST to learn list

Oh its real!  Now hurry up and finish Foundation so you can get ready for the fun stuff :)

• Upvote 1

You guys are funny.  15-20 years?  What are you planning on building a full scale model of the Eiffel Tower out of toothpicks with your teeth?

The curriculum should take you 5-7 years if you train seriously.  Obviously longer if you sluff off.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

If we slough off? LoL. How about if we are one of those aforementioned folk with zombie like mobility? ;)

I feel like I am going to be stuck on PE1s forever trying to correct mobility. I presume that is why some of the other members are making their estimates high as well. All I can really hope is that once some basic mobility issues are corrected that others won't prove as troublesome to surmount.

- Chris

Edit: Looks like things have really solidified since that first seminar I attended. Things look exciting and well put together. Congrats Coach.

Christian Nogueira

Awesome :). Keep up the good work.

I know this is only supposed to be a glimpse, but what is a co-requisite ?

For example Movement 1 has no prerequisites, so that means that you can work alongside Foundation work much like F1 plays well with H1 ?

Awesome :). Keep up the good work.

I know this is only supposed to be a glimpse, but what is a co-requisite ?

For example Movement 1 has no prerequisites, so that means that you can work alongside Foundation work much like F1 plays well with H1 ?

Correct. Think of it like a university program: some courses are meant to be taken together while others build on previous ones.

Joshua Naterman

You guys are funny.  15-20 years?  What are you planning on building a full scale model of the Eiffel Tower out of toothpicks with your teeth?

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Do you mean that developing from F1 through R4 will take 5-7 years?

Coach Sommer

Of course.  Were we not just discussing the entire curriculum?

5-7 years is actually quite reasonable.  I have done it before from scratch in only 4.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 10

Briac Roquet

I think what it means is that if we're really serious about mastering the basics in F1, the rest of Foundation and the other series will go much faster than what we can expect, i.e. we won't necessarily have to spend 12 weeks on each PE/SE.

Christian Sørlie

Definitively, some PE's or SE will be sticking points, some you will just breeze through.

• Upvote 2

Neil Gillies

I think what it means is that if we're really serious about mastering the basics in F1, the rest of Foundation and the other series will go much faster than what we can expect, i.e. we won't necessarily have to spend 12 weeks on each PE/SE.

I think you're probably right.

Definitively, some PE's or SE will be sticking points, some you will just breeze through.

For example PPPs feel tough as nails, but Bench Dips are just too easy. I feel that I'll just stroll over them when I reach mastery for PPPs, maybe even Dips will be easy.

• Upvote 6

Chris Aldersley

Dayum, all this material has me excited. I love seeing all the progressions and how they all fit together as pieces of the puzzle. This is definitely a wake up call for me to train harder. Have been a bit slack recently. And it just confirms my thoughts that a lone foundation session is not much training for a day. Especially when you get into the later progressions that are low reps. Can smash through them in no time.

I guess the next question to ask is, when can we expect, or hope for a Movement 1 and/or Rings 1 release?

Francis Shiu

Would one be able to build up the work capacity to work on all the corequisites at once, or would we have to pick and choose which ones to focus on?

Joshua Slocum

So a rough course outline might look something like this:

F1  F2  F3  F4  F4        R1      R2  R3  R4H1  H1  H1  H1    H2  H2  H2            H3M1  M1  M1  M2      M3  Hg

Where courses sharing columns can be done together.. [There's 1-2 inconsistencies in here, because it's difficult to concisely express the prereq-coreq relationships with a grid]

• Upvote 6

Thank you, Joshua! Also, I just noticed that H1 and H2 are co-requisites, rather than H1 being a prerequisite. Very exciting and peculiar!