Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Boris Mikael Taube

Boris Mikael Taube

Hello

Im going to write down the program i maked. And im curiouhs what people think about that? Any tips etc. All the critque will be helpful.

I dont know what to do if I should do the Foundation series. I see people that get AMAZING resutls but do they just really only follow the Foundation series or they do more traning ?

Warm up:

1.General warm up

2.Wrist streches + wrist excercises from coach sommer

3.Scapula routine by ido portal

4.Shoulder band warm up by Gregor a gymnastic bodies member that he took from Jordan Jortchev

5. FSP

L-sit(low)

Planche lean

German hang

Wall hs

Straddle l sit (bent legs)

I do FSP 4 times a week. When im mastered all these moves 3*30 i going to start on F. lever, B.lever and planche work

Session 1

1.HSPU negatives 5 second 5*2

A1.Row XR bulgarian 5*5

supersett with

A2.Push ups XR 5*5

In the end of the session i always do one rehab/prehab exccercise for shoulder like cuban rotation og band pull

Light streching 15-20 minutes

Session 2.

1.strict MU on rings 5*2

A1. False grip L-tuck(working toward L-sit) Pull ups 5*3

A2.Dips rings 5*3

I throw in som rope climbing in the end if feeling good

Light streching 15-20 minutes

Session 3

General upwarming

Squat routine by Ido portal

1.Pistol squat 3*14 rep

A1.Shrimp squat 5*3-5 rep

supersett

A2.Leg raises 90 degree

A1.GHR 5*3-5

supersett with

A2.Straddle L-sit lift 5*10

Streching legs 30 minutes

I do session 1 and 2. 2 times a week and legs 1 time. I have one day a week i do Just the warm up. Little more flexibilty work and  light streching the whole body.

What do you people think about the program?

Hi!

I'm not going to comment on the program, since I'm not really qualified to do so, but I have just one question: How is the program going to develop, as you get stronger? The program above is really just a workout, a snapshot in time, while a 'real' program shows you a progressive way to achieve your goals.

I thought I knew this in the past, but I didn't, so now I 'just' follow the Foundation series.

Joshua Slocum

Your program as designed is reasonable. I would toss in some manna and handstand work to help keep your shoulders balanced and mobile. Ravn is correct about needing a plan for progression, though. If you just keep doing the same workout, you'll never get much better. 

The people who've gotten amazing results from Foundation have for the most part just done Foundation for strength work (many have done H1 concurrently, too). Adopting Foundation as your primary strength program would be a very good decision: you get programming designed by a world-class coach that makes sure you're strong from every angle and mobile in every joint. 

Boris Mikael Taube

Thank you for critque.

Yes, i know i not going to do the same excersis all the the time. I will do this maximum 6-8 weeks. I following the progression throw the Gymnastic bodies book and Overcoming gravity

For example when im mastered the regular dips im going to do L sit on rings or Bulgarian dips. Same thing with other excercises.

Im going to throw in som HS work in FSP

But i feel all the people recomend foundation 1 and the HS1? Can i do both in the same workout?

Boris Mikael Taube

This is my goals Short therm goal( some months) and long therm goal.

1. Master a free standing HS

2.5*5 muscl ups

3.Half F Lever

4.Half B Lever

6.Tuck planche

Long therm

1. HS press straddle

2. Front lever

3.B lever

4. Straddle planche

5.OAC/OAP

6. HSPU

Doing Ring routine 

Flexibility and mobility.

Aiming for the splits one day eventually

Bridge walk

Leg strength

Pistol squats variation 

Straight body GHR 

Is this too many goals ? Long therm is really long therm by the way

Joshua Slocum

Those are perfectly reasonable goals. I would still definitely recommend F1/H1 given those. 

To answer your other question: yes, H1 and F1 can be combined into one workout. 

• Upvote 1

Boris Mikael Taube

Ok people i just used all of my money to buy the Foundation series :) seeing forward to begin my road in some serious quality work and not waste time on my own programing 

• Upvote 1

Boris Mikael Taube

I will make a video of progression and post it here when in the end of 2013. I see in the foundation 1 is some excersisi i could not do, but i can do the excersises in the end of the foundation 2. I will take a step back and lay a good foundation both for strenght and mobility :D I think i will progress very fast threw some progression. I read somewhere that foundation 1 is based for 18 months but i think i will progress to foundation 2 in som weeks or month is some excersises:)

Well, some of the exercises in F1 are a lot harder than the equivalents in F2, due to the high volume. HBP2 & 3, RC6, FL6 come to mind. Remember not to rush through the exercises just to get to the goals ASAP. Rather try to get all the possible benefits from the drills to eliminate all weakness.