Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Strength Regimen During the School Year?

Afiya Zia

School starts again in a few weeks, and I'm having trouble getting together a fitness regimen that will help me achieve my goals without being overly time-consuming. School is from 7:30-1:30, and I do not get as much free time as I would like to have due to large study requirements.

In addition, my running coach wants to have me running 4-5 times a week once the school year begins. I have football (soccer) practice thrice a week, and I try and play everyday. It becomes necessary for me to have weighted leg work in my training regimen.

As of now, my schedule looks something like this:

Mon: football

Tues:running. plyos.

Wed: football. running

Thurs: F1. running

Fri: running. F1.

Sat: running. football. F1

Sun: running. F1

Weighted leg work would probably be Hang Snatch, Power Clean, Split Jerk and Deadlift. I'll need to incorporate hip, knee and ankle pre-hab in my warmups I guess. Which begs the question: can mobility work be done between sets of lower body work? Because rest times should be long, but long stretch periods lower strength outputs.

Sorry for the long post, but I really need help! :)

Thanks, Aadil

That post really wasn't that long.

You can incorporate the mobility work either in the warmup, possibly between sets, at the end or a different time of the day.

FREDERIC DUPONT

(...) I do not get as much free time as I would like to have due to large study requirements (...) my schedule looks something like this:

Mon: football

Tues:running. plyos.

Wed: football. running

Thurs: F1. running

Fri: running. F1.

Sat: running. football. F1

Sun: running. F1

LOL... When precisely are you studying to meet the requirements? :D

• Upvote 1

LOL... When precisely are you studying to meet the requirements? :D

I generally studied after school before my workout/football, and then after until dinner. And then after dinner before bed. I can testify to its efficacy because I got some of the highest grades in my year :) I don't need to study as much as other kids because you retain a lot from paying attention and remembering the important stuff.

I want to try and go running before school, which means waking up earlier. I think I'll test that in the first week of school and see how it goes, else something else will need to be arranged. I live near a track, which makes that easy, and our school has a track as well. So morning runs look pretty good to me.