Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

One arm press handstand

Guest Ido Portal

Guest Ido Portal

It is nice to see the following clip of a young gymnast performing a one arm handstand press on the beam.

This exercise is a highly advanced one and requires special active flexibility (especialy in lateral movement in the spine) and strength, of course.

Cfn2agQEOvA

There are even people able to perform such a feat on the floor. One of them is Claude Victoria's best student - Eric.

Ido.

Mikael Kristiansen

1 arm presses are extremely hard. I am working on them a bit now, and it takes a LOT of very specific training to get there. I can easily press 1 arm from standing on the floor, but being able to push through the bottom part is incredibly difficult. I work negatives a lot, which works very well, but I expect spending a long time training for it.

• 2 months later...

I just found this video the other day, between 0:30 and 0:40 one of the performers lowers down into a one arm straddle l-sit and then presses back up into one arm handstand from the floor.

TGeu6c3KLTI

Guest Ido Portal

The video Marlon has posted is actually of....

Eric and Emily - Claude victoria's students.

Eric is one of the best technical performers in the whole buisness, I have written about him in my blog.

• 4 weeks later...
Nick Van Bockxmeer
I just found this video the other day, between 0:30 and 0:40 one of the performers lowers down into a one arm straddle l-sit and then presses back up into one arm handstand from the floor.

TGeu6c3KLTI

I worked with Cirque Du Soleil when Dralion was in my town. This is the hand balancing act that i got to see about 60 times -

. Its a different girl performing it now but the act is pretty much the same.