Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hardest exercise on rings

Daniel Figueiredo

inverted muscle up should not be included on this list...  It is training exercise and is not nearly as hard as the victorian.  Same goes for pelican.  

There are a ton of answers to this.  First of all are we talking strictly strength holds?  If that is the case then it is probably victorian.

If we are talking transitions then that is a different story.  As we can include a lot of transitions into victorians and presses from crosses.

Why shouldn't a training exercise be included in the discussion? Just because an exercise isn't used in competitions doesn't mean that it can't be hard. Pelican variations, for example, are harder than a few lower grade skills on the Still Rings.

I think the thread is only about exercises used by the GST Community, which spans bent and straight arm holds and dynamic movements.

Jon Douglas

Why shouldn't a training exercise be included in the discussion? Just because an exercise isn't used in competitions doesn't mean that it can't be hard. Pelican variations, for example, are harder than a few lower grade skills on the Still Rings.

I think the thread is only about exercises used by the GST Community, which spans bent and straight arm holds and dynamic movements.

Coach has mentioned that he sometimes has his athletes perform ten rev mu in as a finisher AFTER workouts.

Aside from a huge gbodies endorsement IMO, and aside from the fact that its ten more reps than I have, ten reps of (almost) anything takes it out of the running for top difficulty honours in my books.

• Upvote 1

Jon Douglas

Also, how great would 10 reps of rev mu be? That's taking time efficient workout to a whole new level

• Upvote 1

Mikael Kristiansen

Coach Sommer once mentioned something he called a "strength giant"(if i remember correctly) which was supposed to be iron cross-maltese-inverted cross-victorian, OR the other way around. It should biomechanically all be possible in theory but i remember he mentioned that noone has ever done it.

Then you also have the "inverted butterfly pull", pulling from inverted hang into invert cross with straight arms. Im pretty sure noone has ever done that either.

• Upvote 3

That's because the elevator (inverted MU) is nowhere near as hard as a Victorian. Even Gregor who can easily do the inverted MU said he feels it should be a B difficulty skill. No one has even done a perfect Victorian yet.

Sommer once mentioned something he called a "strength giant"(if i remember correctly) which was supposed to be iron cross-maltese-inverted cross-victorian, OR the other way around. It should biomechanically all be possible in theory but i remember he mentioned that noone has ever done it.

I think Danny Rodrigues has done Victorian-iron cross-Maltese-inverted cross before because I've seen it in the Code of Points, but not the other way around though. Victorian to inverted cross and vice versa sounds extremely difficult.

Connor Davies

The inverted cross press to HS is possible and is actually a C skill in the Code of Points.

And I thought handstand push-ups were impressive....

That's because the elevator (inverted MU) is nowhere near as hard as a Victorian. Even Gregor who can easily do the inverted MU said he feels it should be a B difficulty skill. No one has even done a perfect Victorian yet.

Yep, fair enough. How about a sorta Reverse Pelican? Bent/straight arm Front Lever Pull to Victorian. I think my lats and rear deltas would explode :P

how about a release move where speed and rotation is coming: from a hang to cross to maltese to inverted cross and then release? all this would have to be done extremely fast to be able to perform the double front pike which is supposed to follow