Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Korean dips for planche..?

Martynas Morkūnas

Martynas Morkūnas

Hello, GMB.

Are there any benefits from controlled ring korean dips, lowering to back lever, bent arm planche on ground? Will this fasten my real planche progress? If so, tell me more benefits about this.

Martynas Morkūnas

Well, I've been doing them on a bar for a while and they seemed to be easy for me(I can do 10-15 easily). Trying to get my way to RTO dips on rings or however u call them, but they are hard for me. Can't push myself with hands turned out.. Maybe I should practice support hold more?

Korean dips put your arms in an extended position (behind your body), so it won't carry over to planche that much.

This is also why dips don't necessarily carry over to handstand push-ups.

RTO dips take way more strength to do than Korean dips on a bar. They are hard on the bar for many people because of insufficient shoulder mobility.

Do specific planche work to get the planche. RTO dips are a good bent arm pushing exercise in its own right especially if leaned forward so you can use it as a supplementary exercise, but I recommend doing pseudo planche push-ups or planche progression push-ups instead as they are more specific to the planche and for the reasons Jono mentioned above.

that and to add, both of those movements are in the "press" movement family. the goal is to progressively use pressing moves ranging from simple to difficult. 

both will are essentially scaled versions leading upto the same goal(which would be pressing strength)