Adrien Godet

Community video  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What title do you want?

• Everyday Gymnasts
    • GymnasticBodies Community
    • The Everybodies of GymnasticBodies

Some questions I want to ask:

-So HD youtube videos won't come out as HD when we send them to someone else? (I have some edited videos on my youtube channel already, but I can re-edit some of my original video files with another software if the youtube ones won't come out as good.)

-Will the music audio block the original audio of the submitted clips? (I personally sort of want it block out most or all of the background noises and voices.)

-I say we should aim to get at least 8 minutes of quality footage for the final video. What do you guys think? How much footage do we have submitted already?

-Will the bloopers be at the end?

Jon Douglas

-If you submit them hd to YouTube, no problem other than cropping. Obviously i have to take whatever changes YouTube makes, so try to select as few changes as possible

-Weezer, Im from Geraldton, west Australia, then Perth, Helsinki, Japan, Hong Kong, oz again, Canada by way of Florida, and Im planning a probable return to Oz for Aug-Sept, probably planning for back to Asia next year. I have links from you, Brian and Keilani

- Ill strip original audio first thing so that we can layer music, to avoid ugly heavy breathing, inadvertent coarse language, etc. That parts easy

- We are coming up on 4-5 minutes of trimmed clips total, but i would certainly like more, so as tp use tile effects, transitions etc. I haven't looked at it too heavily yet, just collecting clips at this stage, but would like more random stuff. Creativity should be #1 priority, perfect form a close 2nd (eg. Adriens one arm push-pull combo vs Yaads ridiculously pretty hspu). That's my opinion. If viewers want technically perfect, as i see it, they have the official videos and dvds. The appeal of the group video is to show the versatility and slightly different directions we all take it, not just picture- perfect reps. That's how i see it at least :)

- Pprovided there are clips for it, blooper reel could go at the end or within it, depending on how it shapes up. Nothing wrong with an ambitious muscle up attempt that doesn't quite go over the bar for example, especially if you follow it up with a pretty one. Most of us are trainees and students when it comes to gst, not pros after all, and it can also help it look more accessible. Personally Im a little more in favor of separating it at the end, because i favour a more professional message followed by us just messing around and having fun with it, but there's no need to make a decision.at this stage

All good? :)

Jon Douglas

My not favouring YouTube for source videos is mostly having to rely on their not making changes first, my having to go and rip each one manually second. Right now this isn't too bad as I'm at home door project work again, but it is definitely not my preference, and is subject to my schedule staying this way :)

Joshua Slocum

Youtube compresses their videos quite a lot. If a video is downloaded from youtube, put into another video, and then re-uploaded, you can lose a lot of quality. This is another reason to avoid submitting your clips via youtube.

• Upvote 1

Joshua - did the Dropbox work for you? I dragged my clip in, it shows at the bottom as something I can open and view but does not change the folder from saying empty and Charm is saying its not there. I submitted mine PM to him via youtube link, but if its loosing all its quality, id rather get the dropbox thing working.

Michael Soueid

What great idea and would like to participate but im really a beginner and quite far away from anything cool though... Would an elbow lever (or maybe an L-Sit, never tried it though) on a slackline count? I think i could film that on the weekend...

Anyway im looking so much forward to this video :)

Jon Douglas

I wonder if the fault's on my end? I haven't used it for a while but I was pretty sure this feature worked fine last time I did :S

Adrien Godet

What great idea and would like to participate but im really a beginner and quite far away from anything cool though... Would an elbow lever (or maybe an L-Sit, never tried it though) on a slackline count? I think i could film that on the weekend...

L-Sit into elbow lever on slackline :)? I like your idea! IMHO single leg work on the line would be cool too.

Timothy Aiken

We should get a nice MU to planche somewhere in this video! Those are beauties when done correctly.

Jon Douglas

Well, after Brian got done with his camera, we ended up with about 10 more minutes :) You guys had better get to filming, else this is gonna be a Brian highlight reel ^_^

• Upvote 1

Keilani Gutierrez

We should get a nice MU to planche somewhere in this video! Those are beauties when done correctly.

Joshua S. said he'd submit Galimores :)

Alexander Svensson

Well, after Brian got done with his camera, we ended up with about 10 more minutes :) You guys had better get to filming, else this is gonna be a Brian highlight reel ^_^

"Brian's awesome skills! (With guest appearences from the GB community)"  :D

• Upvote 1

Yes fellow GB members, please submit more clips. They don't have to be "power" moves, but more basic moves with some creativity are still fun to watch. Even better would be funny clips of GST or gymnastics for the bloopers. I personally won't even complain if the final cut is 20 minutes long as long as it's full of interesting things. There's no such thing as too much quality footage and even if there is then they can still be good for future projects.  :)

• Upvote 1

Yaad Mohammad

When is the deadline? I have some front lever pull-ups almost touching the bar, might be interesting. Maybe maltese human flag to human flag when my shoulder is healed :)?

Chris Aldersley

Just got back from my trip. Hopefully will post a vid in the next couple days.

My vote for the music would be:
1. Rodrigo y Gabriela - Hanuman 
2. Solkyri - This Cant Wait
3. Mogwai - How to Be a Warewolf (or White Noise)

There have been some votes for more guitar oriented music like John Butler, so I thought I may as well post my own song for suggestion as its very JBT inspired  :) Could record with better sound quality and extend it if needed.

• Upvote 1

Joshua Slocum

When is the deadline? I have some front lever pull-ups almost touching the bar, might be interesting. Maybe maltese human flag to human flag when my shoulder is healed :)?

Tentatively July 31

Definitely submit those (at least the FL rows if your shoulder isn't healed) and the arm supported full lay victorian on paralletes that you made a thread on a long time ago (Yaad lever).

I'm going to try to get an elbow lever on the handlebars of a bike while riding it, but alas, I am on vacation! Charm, will you take it as early as the 29th?

FREDERIC DUPONT

3 days to go, then we should close the submissions.

Videos submitted late will be included in the next release :)

• Upvote 1

I could submit a video of my current front split depth if anybody thought that would be a good idea as sort of a beginner's progress. I'm not all the way to the floor yet but it's coming along.

• Upvote 1

Yaad Mohammad

Definitely submit those (at least the FL rows if your shoulder isn't healed) and the arm supported full lay victorian on paralletes that you made a thread on a long time ago (Yaad lever).

I've got a video of me performing 2 front lever pullups and a 10 second one arm back lever. I really like those to be in this video but they're all recorded in portrait. But luckily, when you go to landscape the movements are still completely visible and it still is great quality. But I don't have access to a computer right now. So can anybody please help me and convert it to landscape?