Aargh, not much I can contribute, besides some broad jumps, box jumps etc. :l

Some of the stuff I can do, let me know if any of this is good:

Negative Body Levers

Straightening from Frog Stand to Advanced Frog Stand

Wallaby Pushups

Skin the Cats

Explosive pushups for distance

Incline One-Arm Pushups

If any of this has a place in the video, let me know and I'll put the video up here :)

This is a video to showcase the community, not a 'best of' reel. So pick your favorite 2-3 moves and film them. 

• Upvote 1

Jon Douglas

I was thinking maybe for some comedy, I'd do some over the top bicep curls, then suddenly "realise" the camera was on me, throw away the dumbbell and jump up and do a back lever or something. I duno, I'm pretty tired and in a funny mood, so it might be a bad idea.

That's cool :) nothing has to be the same as others. Just don't fall into the trap of making big plans but not actually filming anything ^_^

Aargh, not much I can contribute, besides some broad jumps, box jumps etc. :l

Some of the stuff I can do, let me know if any of this is good:

Negative Body Levers

Straightening from Frog Stand to Advanced Frog Stand

Wallaby Pushups

Skin the Cats

Explosive pushups for distance

Incline One-Arm Pushups

If any of this has a place in the video, let me know and I'll put the video up here :)

The whole point is that it's all of us doing what we like. Personally I like the pushups for distance though, if you're pushed for a decision :)

Here's an idea; how about a tile of basic ring str 3? It might require a bit of fiddling to sync just right, and a bit of scaling down in some places (I sure hope I still have a passable front lever) but it'd be a nice effect.

I have a few ideas for techniques etc, but as I said just a moment ago, better to have something down on paper than grand plans that never materialise :)

Scott Malin

I don't want to stick my hand in the thread too much, but as Josh and Charm said, don't worry about your abilities. Every Olympic gymnast started somewhere doing easy exercises. Every portion of the journey matters.

PS. Make sure to include as much cool stuff as possible that GST as allow you to do. It'll come in handy later ;)

Keilani Gutierrez

if anyone can rip apples in half and can also flip, it'd be pretty rad to do a back or front flip and whilst flipping ripping the apple in half. :P

Keilani Gutierrez

Hmm can't flip sadly.

hahaha i actually just had a mental picture of you smashing a watermelon with one of your clubs. that escalated quickly. 

Jon Douglas

hahaha i actually just had a mental picture of you smashing a watermelon with one of your clubs. that escalated quickly. 

If my vote counts at all, I want that,

that right there,

in the final cut.

• Upvote 1

Keilani Gutierrez

Joshua(Slocum), if you can rip apples, would it be too much to ask for this inquiry? a flip variation of your choosing whilst ripping an apple? 

Josh Schmitter

that right there,

in the final cut.

Regardless of whether it makes it into the video, this obviously needs to happen.

Joshua Slocum

Joshua(Slocum), if you can rip apples, would it be too much to ask for this inquiry? a flip variation of your choosing whilst ripping an apple? 

I've never tried it. Will do science later tonight.

• Upvote 1

Keilani Gutierrez

I've never tried it. Will do science later tonight.

appreciated! this is gonna be one bomb video :)

Joshua Naterman

that right there,

in the final cut.

I think this is a great idea. If the point is to draw attention, you NEED to have some random, hilarious, awesome WTF moments. This would be a great one. That's just good "marketing" strategy... it makes people remember Gymnastic Bodies.

So is there a limit on how much footage we can submit? How long can we expect the finished community video to be?

As for music choice, I think most people here want metal or rock or epic music. 

Jon Douglas

So is there a limit on how much footage we can submit? How long can we expect the finished community video to be?

As for music choice, I think most people here want metal or rock or epic music. 

Total length will depend on submissions. Let's aim for a song of somewhere around 3-6 minutes to begin with. If there is a lot of material we can figure out follow-ups later.

As an aside, anyone interested in a Gbodies Australia (un)official trailer to follow...? :)

Yaad Mohammad

We could also make our own song! I make music myself, any other musicians here?

Also, I'm in Turkey in here, so I don't have access to a pc or anything. So can someone upload this?

It's 30 seconds, but you can cut out whatever you want!

• Upvote 2

Jon Douglas

We could also make our own song! I make music myself, any other musicians here?

Also, I'm in Turkey in here, so I don't have access to a pc or anything. So can someone upload this?

It's 30 seconds, but you can cut out whatever you want!

Got it, but I'll have to take the quality you put on YouTube in that case :)

David McManamon

Great idea.  The official GB videos are fantastic but it is time people over 20 demonstrated the value of this style of training.  I'm not sure what I'll submit, maybe side-planche conditioning on rings or aerial straps and l-sit walks or flexibility related since that may be of less interest to most people such as a middle split.

• Upvote 2

Keilani Gutierrez

Great idea.  The official GB videos are fantastic but it is time people over 20 demonstrated the value of this style of training.  I'm not sure what I'll submit, maybe side-planche conditioning on rings or aerial straps and l-sit walks or flexibility related since that may be of less interest to most people such as a middle split.

L-sit walks blow me away, so that would be awesome! I still dont have the strength to even from from a Tuck :/

FREDERIC DUPONT

(...) it is time people over 20 demonstrated the value of this style of training (...)

Ha! Well said... :D

Yaad Mohammad

I can do l-sit walks maybe v-sit walks on a good day. I can also do front lever to muscle-up or just a really long front lever hold of 20s. Anything for this video! Maybe a side-lever? I already submitted a video. Are you allowed to submit multiple videos?