Adrien Godet

Community video  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What title do you want?

• Everyday Gymnasts
    • GymnasticBodies Community
    • The Everybodies of GymnasticBodies

Joshua Slocum

What about incuding a scene of a ring muscle up where everyone who can do one films it and someone with some tech skills morphs it into one smooth rep with the person morphing into all the people who sent a video as the rep is done?

It sort of removes everyone's individuality. What if we just made a big tiled screen showing a ton of people all doing muscle ups?

• Upvote 4

Jon Douglas

Can anyone see the videos sent in the GB Dropbox folder? Because it says it's empty right now.

So should I send my clips for you to review Charm?

Yes please. Box is currently empty, I will be clearing clips from there as I process them.

George Vere

I think I'll film myself doing an intermediate harop curl tomorrow. Used to be able to do a full rep. That's all I can do anyway.... lol. Horse stance would be a bit boring. I have some of my first muscle ups on video I think though.

George Vere

Haha, I like horse stance and the stance training.

I was not clear, a video of horse stance would be a bit boring. Maybe I should have clarified that a bit better.

• Upvote 1

Jon Douglas

Haha, I like horse stance and the stance training.

I was not clear, a video of horse stance would be a bit boring. Maybe I should have clarified that a bit better.

:)

• Upvote 1

FREDERIC DUPONT

LOL, this thing is not even attempting to be subliminal... it is all "in your face!" :blink:

Subtlety has its place I believe :)

I got some pretty nice clips of planche push-ups (...)

On your undone bed with sepia colors? :finger:

• Upvote 1

Josh Schmitter

How 'bout this one for the music. A slight step away from subtle, but as fresh as a gentle mountain breeze:

I would think you could watch a horse stance for hours with this as the audio.

Scott Malin

Provided this turns out tasteful and doesn't give away course content needlessly (there are plenty of public GST elements), we'll not only include it in the EveryDay Champions list, but also set it as our official trailer for the GB Youtube Channel. It's a huge deal to us when the community does something like this and we greatly appreciate it.

• Upvote 4

Jon Douglas

Provided this turns out tasteful and doesn't give away course content needlessly (there are plenty of public GST elements), we'll not only include it in the EveryDay Champions list, but also set it as our official trailer for the GB Youtube Channel. It's a huge deal to us when the community does something like this and we greatly appreciate it.

I was hoping for something like that, but it seemed a bit presumptuous to ask :)

Ill restrict my own scenes to tasteful nudity only then, i think we can all enjoy that. Nice to be involved, thanks Adrien!

• Upvote 1

Guest SuperBru

I will take this opportunity to attempt SLS on the rings, something that I have wanted to do for a long time. 

Joshua Slocum

I will take this opportunity to attempt SLS on the rings, something that I have wanted to do for a long time.

Please make sure you place a large, soft mat underneath you.

• Upvote 1

So is the idea to only have "power moves", or will we do the whole range of excersises from warm up, mobility drills and intermediate skills?

If it is to be a community thing, it would be great if we can include as large a part of the community possible. But if the goal is to get most possible hits on youtube, I guess we should only go for the crosses and planches. 

Personally I would love to see some of the unconventional moves that people do. Like the hybrid pullup-dip thing! Most training sites I know are extremely uncreative. Same exercises over and over, and never anything new!

When it comes to music: Guile's theme goes with everything! =)

Keilani Gutierrez

be creative, do something that represents the community you are a part of. :)

if you can do something rad like handstand wrist pushups, go for it, but if you have a cool L-sit with a backround, thats just as welcome :P

i'm going for some pretty rudimentary mobility exercises that im taking a liking to doing recently

Jon Douglas

be creative, do something that represents the community you are a part of. :)

if you can do something rad like handstand wrist pushups, go for it, but if you have a cool L-sit with a backround, thats just as welcome :P

i'm going for some pretty rudimentary mobility exercises that im taking a liking to doing recently

Second. I'd love to see more creativity personally, and as a marketing tool it's good to have people saying 'Wow, what is *that* and how do I learn it?'

Products aside, I have no problem giving a bit back for the use of the forums the past couple years :)

Just a note though-- dropbox is empty this morning. If anyone's put a video in yet, let me know so that we can avoid any issues early.

Forgive me, but I can't figure out how to send the videos to the dropbox link. So I created my own account and uploaded it there. This is where it is right now:

www.dropbox.com/s/vq1bfbrib5d8l5b/Jono%20-%20UK%20-%20Slow%20Bar%20Muscle-up.mp4

Not the best form, but I don't have much else to contribute.  :P I was hoping to get a strict, 2x shoulder-width, wide grip bar mu, but I was too sore from earlier in the week.

Jon Douglas

Forgive me, but I can't figure out how to send the videos to the dropbox link. So I created my own account and uploaded it there. This is where it is right now:

www.dropbox.com/s/vq1bfbrib5d8l5b/Jono%20-%20UK%20-%20Slow%20Bar%20Muscle-up.mp4

Not the best form, but I don't have much else to contribute.  :P I was hoping to get a strict, 2x shoulder-width, wide grip bar mu, but I was too sore from earlier in the week.

Got it Jono :) No problem this is also acceptable submission method.

Chris Aldersley

I was thinking maybe for some comedy, I'd do some over the top bicep curls, then suddenly "realise" the camera was on me, throw away the dumbbell and jump up and do a back lever or something. I duno, I'm pretty tired and in a funny mood, so it might be a bad idea.

Aargh, not much I can contribute, besides some broad jumps, box jumps etc. :l

Some of the stuff I can do, let me know if any of this is good:

Negative Body Levers

Straightening from Frog Stand to Advanced Frog Stand

Wallaby Pushups

Skin the Cats

Explosive pushups for distance

Incline One-Arm Pushups

If any of this has a place in the video, let me know and I'll put the video up here :)