Adrien Godet

Community video  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What title do you want?

• Everyday Gymnasts
    • GymnasticBodies Community
    • The Everybodies of GymnasticBodies

Jon Douglas

nono, it is important to precise it, good question :)

I think 720p is good - Charm?

Doesn't really bother me. If I'm honest, mine's just going to be the 'high' setting on my smartphone unless stricter is really called for ^_^

Edit;

As in, yes, 720 is a pretty reasonable standard for YouTube purposes. Maybe take that as a reasonably flexible minimum, while higher is fine.

Alexander Svensson

This sounds like a great idea. I don't think I can contribute with anything but I'm looking forward to seeing the final result  :)

Jon Douglas

OK, here we are. Submission box link, will not be posted again below so don't ask, if you can't scroll then put down your video camera before you hurt yourself :P

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/olf2l5b3gjrrrg7/N8C1EzpGdQ

Will be emptied daily or near-daily for entries, folder will be deleted once we decide the project is done (because this is a public part of the forum). Please name your file something descriptive-- ideally your name, country and video content. No need to be strict, but if I don't have any idea what a video is, I will delete rather than opening it, (again because this is a public part of the forum and I can't control what people drop in my box).

EG)

jon_danger_douglas-australia-ctiREAL.avi is fine

not

movie001.mpg --> Depends on my mood whether I watch and verify unless you PM me about it

or especially

fIxYoUrMaLeShaMEwiTHthismiRAcleDRUg.html  --> Will be kept for private use, probably not included in compilation.

Chris Aldersley

Proposal for guidelines (to be reviewed and agreed upon):

- preferably not H1 or F1/2 exercises

- Deadline July 31st (that leaves nearly 2 weeks)

I think the video warrants inclusion of some H1/F exercises, as that's what the majority of our workouts are, and where most people are at right now. Obviously not too many as we don't want Coaches whole program out there, but definitely some of the more common things like say sPL SE3 or something. 

Perhaps a later deadline?

What sort of music do we want? Something epic to mimic our "epic" abilities? Some general background music? Upbeat? Something famous and recognisable? I'm a bit of a music nerd/elitist so I'll have a million suggestions lol.

Jon Douglas

I think the video warrants inclusion of some H1/F exercises, as that's what the majority of our workouts are, and where most people are at right now. Obviously not too many as we don't want Coaches whole program out there, but definitely some of the more common things like say sPL SE3 or something.

Perhaps a later deadline?

What sort of music do we want? Something epic to mimic our "epic" abilities? Some general background music? Upbeat? Something famous and recognisable? I'm a bit of a music nerd/elitist so I'll have a million suggestions lol.

This isn't my area of knowledge so discuss that one amongst yourselves :P Ill trim and put em together as I receive em, but will obviously need some changes once music is applied to keep a good sync. Keep me posted and Ill get aassemble a draft over here :)

A two week deadline is reasonable IMO . If there's anyone who can't film in that time just sing out and then we'll know to keep it open

Adrien Godet

I updated the top post, let me know if I missed something.

What about encouraging videos with nice scenery for popular appeal, and videos with some people in the background to give a sense of community (rather than a stream of single person performing)?

My vote for the title "The everyday champions of Gymnasticbodies", can we add a poll about that to the top of this thread? Or create an online poll somewhere (not sure about what service to use)?

Can we also poll whose abs to show in the youtube thumbnail ;)?

Keilani Gutierrez

I got an idea for my clips that should be fun. waves, work and weather permitting, it will happen this week. my submissions will be lizard walks, bear crawl, dorsal push ups....and a cliff jump :P

Joshua Slocum

snipped

Air is awesome. Using "Sexy Boy" would be hilarious but maybe not the best fit. 

I also like "The Everyday Champions of Gymnasticbodies" as a title. 

• Upvote 1

Jon Douglas

Air is awesome. Using "Sexy Boy" would be hilarious but maybe not the best fit. 

I also like "The Everyday Champions of Gymnasticbodies" as a title. 

Well 'everyday champions' is the official reel... and this isn't official as such... so I'm not certain about that one.

I do like Air, although 'Sexy Boy' here was more tongue in cheek ^_^

Chris Aldersley
I'd say any metal will have to not be too aggressive for a community video, but otherwise I'd have a few more suggestions :D And I reckon we'd want instrumental unless its lyrics are somewhat relevant. 

Depending on how long it is, I think the artist Benn Jordan (The Flashbulb) could be good. Instrumental, often inspiring music, has some up beat stuff. But most of his songs are only a couple minutes. This is a taste but hes got a wide variety. (And I'd recommend everyone to listen to this awesome musician).

Other artists

upbeat and interesting- possibly my #1 choice

atmospheric, epic

- from around 420ish for some awesome epic instrumental motivational music

Next two are pretty cool instrumental post rock tracks, solid background stuff.

Epic, awesome, beautiful

Alexander Svensson

If you want "epic" music then pretty much anything from Two Steps From Hell might fit well.

• Upvote 1

Chris Aldersley

I updated the top post, let me know if I missed something.

What about encouraging videos with nice scenery for popular appeal, and videos with some people in the background to give a sense of community (rather than a stream of single person performing)?

My vote for the title "The everyday champions of Gymnasticbodies", can we add a poll about that to the top of this thread? Or create an online poll somewhere (not sure about what service to use)?

Can we also poll whose abs to show in the youtube thumbnail ;)?

Make a new rule. Video must have athlete with no shirt on for maximum show off.

I like that title along with "the everybodies of gymnasticbodies".

Adrien Godet

In case it's not published on the official GB channel, I'd suggest creating a new one owned by the community on this forum (one more poll for the name...). If this video ends up being popular, it will call for more.

Opinions?

Jon Douglas

In case it's not published on the official GB channel, I'd suggest creating a new one owned by the community on this forum (one more poll for the name...). If this video ends up being popular, it will call for more.

Opinions?

Sounds reasonable.

Jon Douglas

charm, which program will u use? svp?

I haven't 100% decided yet, depends on which computer I use ;) either way as I said I'll just put together a draft and we'll go from there. I'm not bad at this stuff but it's not like I do it for a living, so I'm happy to do the drudge work then turn it over to someone else to look pretty.

I got some pretty nice clips of planche push-ups I'd like to contribute, but the I started from a planche with slightly bent arms to protect my tendons (tendon injury at the time filmed). Even with that flaw the overall form was pretty good. I also have a clip of HBP, but without a negative and the HS position at the end was bad. I thought the press-up itself was good though. These were all done on my hard bed though if you guys don't mind. I'll see if I can get a friend to help me film when I go to the park next time.

I think we should also include my "Super PPP" and "Super planche lean" videos in it too because the form was good and there are no videos of this extremely difficult exercise other then from my unlisted/private videos. Please!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XN8cgIy-LM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8aemmZVSKY

• Upvote 2

Christian Sørlie

What about incuding a scene of a ring muscle up where everyone who can do one films it and someone with some tech skills morphs it into one smooth rep with the person morphing into all the people who sent a video as the rep is done?

Jon Douglas

What about incuding a scene of a ring muscle up where everyone who can do one films it and someone with some tech skills morphs it into one smooth rep with the person morphing into all the people who sent a video as the rep is done?

I can do that. Repetition /overlap for things like that work well.

Please do submit via dropbox link if at all possible!

Can anyone see the videos sent in the GB Dropbox folder? Because it says it's empty right now.

So should I send my clips for you to review Charm?