1. 1. What title do you want?

• Everyday Gymnasts
    • GymnasticBodies Community
    • The Everybodies of GymnasticBodies

Adrien Godet

== Updated Post ==
Girls, Guys,

The video is out! 

I'll keep the community guidelines below for future reference.

Guidelines:
- HD (>=720p)
- Good execution form
- Camera focus on movement
- Country of origin + your name in a clear filename
- Landscape mode
- 1x speed
- Preferably outside
- Typically 10-20s (more if you think the footage is interesting)
- Try not to give away GB course elements needlessly
- Creative movements welcome

Thanks in advance to Charm for the editing work.

== Original Post ==
Girls, Guys,
I am by far not the most active member of the forum, but I have been here since 2008 and I consider myself a son of this site/forum as my whole life changed when I discovered it.

It's always kind of sad for me when I see that street workout/calistenics/b-boying/crossfit/.... videos have millions of view (probably because they are community generated) and represent to the general public modern trends of training while gymnastics and Gymnasticsbodies are more or less absent.

So what I'd like to suggest is: for everybody who wants to contribute, to upload a video of themselves doing a movement they particularly like (preferably HD and say 15s max? tbd) so it can be included in our community video.

I guess the final edit should be done with a GB moderator (edit: check that the compilation respects Coach Sommer's intellectual property), music should be decided by the community, hosting could be on the GB channel if Coach Sommer is ok with that...

Everybody's input is welcome :)
Let's see if the idea picks up some support.

• Upvote 6

Jon Douglas

I like the idea, but so many people here can do everything I can do gymnastically and much better than me... I feel a little self conscious about even posting form checks at my level and I don't have anything terribly impressive that would appeal to the general public...

That said Id also like to be part of a community compilation in some way :-) Id love to help edit or sync etc

Edit;

if we disregard the ability thing, then dibs on weighted reverse cranks for reps :-)

• Upvote 2

Adrien Godet

To me personally, Coach's welcoming and inclusive approach to gymnastics is what got my attention. So IMHO I don't think the video should be elitist.

And if you think about it, the crossfit/street workout popular videos often have basic movements too (eg. plain push-ups or pullups...).

• Upvote 1

Keilani Gutierrez

Dibs on FX Lizard walks and FX Bear walks!

I'll go to the beach with my gf and film some on the beach :)

FREDERIC DUPONT

Wondeful idea I say. :)

Let's underline the international and multicultural aspects of our community. :)

Jake Lawrance

Oh man, I love this, I don't really have any moves in a sequence smoothly yet. 

Good opportunity to reveal the most effective upper body training ideas - Gymnastics.

Edit: To allow the editor to be able to use all the videos, shouldn't we be sending it to an e-mail address? Not sure if you can save videos off the forum and into a larger file <-- I could be so wrong, but I suspect everyone would prefer high quality :)

FREDERIC DUPONT

(...) Id love to help edit or sync etc

I think that's the best idea, no sense piling on stuff on the team's shoulders, they have their job cut out for F3 & F4; this must be a community effort, and the editing, compiling is the lion's part of the work to do. [Thank you for volunteering Charm :)]

We could use services like dropbox, or wetransfer (the latter service is praised by Kit Laughlin) to make the files available at one point. (Several Up & Downloads from youtube won't improve the file quality, to the contrary, due to their compression systems)

Adrien Godet

Good idea Fred, let's make the uncompressed videos available to the editors directly.

My submission video is available for download on my dropbox account at https://www.dropbox.com/s/61j25w6n7lxjbb6/Adrien%20PushPull.mov

I think Youtube/other streaming sites are good for the community to see what is being submitted and I'll gather the links in the top post.

Another thing, let's be sure Coach Sommer is ok with the final video and his intellectual property is respected (for example, our compilation can't be every single movement in BtgB, F1, F2, etc...).

• Upvote 1

Chris Aldersley

Maybe have a list of who's doing what at the top so the video is not too repetitive. 

Things I'd like to see included are:

- More advanced elements by members that are further ahead

- Some of that crazy shoulder mobility from H1

- Stall bars

- Rings

- Parallel bars

I might submit some of the dip variations in a couple weeks time when my new bars are set up.

• Upvote 1

FREDERIC DUPONT

(...) let's be sure Coach Sommer is ok with the final video and his intellectual property is respected (for example, our compilation can't be every single movement in BtgB, F1, F2, etc...).

Good point :)

Jon Douglas

I'm happy to volunteer my time, at least to get everything stitched up together :) Once we have something to work with it's not too hard to pretty-fy it up. Someone more artistic might step in once we have things arranged and synced to put the polish on.

Logistically though, it might be a good idea to sort out some guidelines. Like, submission deadline both so everyone has time and so that we aren't chasing video fragments. We may want to start a new thread purely for the entries to keep them together and clean. I guess the creativity with some of the exercises is more important than figuring out exactly who does what, but if we could keep a general master list of what's been done that would help. A bit of overlap or reptition is good for effect but we don't want five minutes of OAC, crosses and muscle ups :P

I'll film reverse cranks and dislocates a bit later, and pick which one to use based on what other people put up. I'm getting quite excited to be part of it actually :) it'd be great to follow up a mass one with regional compilations too.... :)

Edit;

If you have dropbox or high-quality video that is better at this stage. I have no problem taking a copy off YT but you run the risk of not being in high quality to show off your hard work :)

The more diversity (of movement, abilities, backgrounds etc) the better IMO. Are we a worldwide community or not after all?

• Upvote 1

Joshua Slocum

Personally, I'd be in favor of only accepting submissions in the format of original high-quality video. It reflects better on us as a community if we're able to put together a presentation that maintains quality throughout. Thought I don't know if this is feasible for everyone. Does anyone have objections or concerns about this?

I'll be submitting:

- galimores (rings)

- straddle press handstand for max reps (p-bars)

Also, Charm, what have you been smoking? You're easily one of the strongest guys on the forum. How many other people are pretty much done with F2?

FREDERIC DUPONT
(...) it might be a good idea to sort out some guidelines. Like, submission deadline both so everyone has time and so that we aren't chasing video fragments. We may want to start a new thread purely for the entries to keep them together and clean. I guess the creativity with some of the exercises is more important than figuring out exactly who does what, but if we could keep a general master list of what's been done that would help. A bit of overlap or reptition is good for effect but we don't want five minutes of OAC, crosses and muscle ups

Proposal for guidelines (to be reviewed and agreed upon):

- HD video (what format?)

- Clips of 10-20s, 30s max, already edited so Charm only has to concatenate them.

- Focus is on the exercise, not your GF or your dog.

- preferably outdoors, or with good indoor light.

- preferably without music (will be added later)

- preferably with a background that allows to guess where the clip was made (country?) - if nothing else, wear a tee shirt with a flag :))

- preferably not H1 or F1/2 exercises

- preferably with good/excellent form (or if not, make it really disastrous for lulz)

- Deadline July 31st (that leaves nearly 2 weeks)

- Submissions exclusively via Charm's dropbox

- please no early youtube upload and publication on the forum to preserve the suspense.

Joshua Slocum

The only thing I would change is make good form a requirement. This is a community focused on quality; our video should reflect that.

With/without music shouldn't really matter, as the final audio track can (and should) just discard whatever is in the submitted videos.

I like the idea of making your country of origin easily discerned, too. Even just super-imposing an image of your country's flag in the corner of the video should work fine.

• Upvote 4

Jon Douglas

If files are saved with your name and country then I can at least keep a list and perhaps add a floating subtitle or the flag or  some such. Forum name is fine, or just first name, whatever you prefer.

I don't think demo-ing some H1/F1 material is a problem, in a short clip. A lot of the exercises are well known, it's the progression and structure which makes the program unique. 'Preferably' not though, yeah.

Format-- common ones are fine, better quality is better for raw material, connection here is excellent so I can upload a high quality finished copy too.

Music is no problem; editing is no problem (although not a minute of you setting up rings before 15 seconds of support please). Once we have music sorted I'd probably chop and change a bit to sync it up, so don't stress about trimming them perfectly. But hey, if you want to do this... :)

Otherwise, OK! Let me just clear my dropbox and I'll edit this post with a link :P

Anyone got thoughts on the music side of things? Or deadlines? For now I'll just keep converting and storing them as I receive them, and will keep updates on how many/length is in. Rachid and Adrien, I have both yours already.

• Upvote 1

Kate Abernethy

Would 10 strict form chin ups be useful? Only chipping in here with the easiest exercise!  :)

Jon Douglas

Would 10 strict form chin ups be useful? Only chipping in here with the easiest exercise!  :)

Absolutely!

Videos here please;

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/olf2l5b3gjrrrg7/N8C1EzpGdQ

This is a public folder that will be periodically cleared as I pick up the new updates and consolidate them into the project on my laptop. Be assured I will keep external HDD backups :)

Oh, and no fast motion or slow motion unless it's very called for-- like you are banging out tons of reps (fast) or in the air (slow). Even then I would prefer to have it 1x speed and as high quality as possible, so that it can be edited as appropriate. No 1/8th speed planche videos please :P

• Upvote 1

FREDERIC DUPONT

This goes into nitpicking, but by HD, are we talking about 720p or 1080p?

nono, it is important to precise it, good question :)

I think 720p is good - Charm?