Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

uneven floor at new condo

Fred Mak

i've been working on my handstand for a while.  i'm moving to a condo with uneven flooring.  in some places, it's pretty uneven, in other areas of the condo, it's not too uneven.  

is it bad to practice handstands on uneven flooring?

thanks

i'm considering paying some contractors to try to level out the floor, although i'm wondering if it's worth paying thousands of dollars for.

Christian Sørlie

Considered training handstands somewhere else? If you are considering spending thousands of dollars to level a floor, i think you could afford a gym membership?

Or just build a wooden square with some short pegs and see if you can make that level on the floor?

Or (maybe not feasible where you live?) reverse gravity in your apartment and practice on the ceiling? Just make sure to fasten the furniture. I didn't once and, well you can imagine.

• Upvote 1

FREDERIC DUPONT

I don't think it matters much, unless the unevenness is really bad, in which case, you can practice on a small board (maybe 300x600x18mm plywood?) as was mentioned. :)  (You can easily adjust the board with small strips of wood placed underneath it)

Save your money and get some stall bars installed instead...