Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Would like some opinions on my routine

wmmtf

Hi,

My current workout, three times a week

1. Front Lever (of any variation, as long as body is parallel to ground) Max time

2. Planche (of any variation) Max time

3. Perfect technique pullups (keep body rigid, legs behind or straight) Max reps

4. Planche (of any variation) Max time

5. Front Lever (of any variation, as long as body is parallel to ground) Max time

6. Parallel pushups (keep body rigid and abs tight) Max reps

Notes At least three sets, record scores, of the conditioning exercises, the most advanced variation doable is used.

Need opinions please.

David Picó García

Its usuallly asumed here that if you go max your strength gains are lower that if you go half max. Remember what coach said about avoiding going to failure. But im not an experienced user so maybe someone could correct me or clarify that point.

Thanks for the tip. I've been told to give more information about myself.

I just turned 20 and have been body building quite seriously for about two years now. First just to look better, later found that there are more areas to explore when it comes to body building. I chose gymnastic type exercises to work on because I believe it is the ultimate pinnacle to strength and I'm a lean body type. Strength wise, I can bench, squat, pullup (chinup) and deadlift past my body by a factor of almost 1.5, but feeling unsatisfied, I found the planche progression article (the first one on this website) before it was built, so I started working on it and found myself improving faster than when I lifted weights. At the moment, I can hold a tuck planche for about 40 seconds, but advanced for only about 10 seconds or less. On the front lever, I'm between advanced tuck and straddle. I'd like to concentrate on those two conditioning exercises while using my newly bought rings to increase overall strength. As to my workout, I'd like opinions on whether it's intense enough, or long enough, should I put more exercises in it, or is this workout covering all the muscle groups I need to work on, and I just got a good tip on not doing max reps.

Any opinions are appreciated.