Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Shrimp Squats for Mass?

Guest SuperBru

Connor Davies

I can't do that right now. Maybe in september.

No worries.  I know you're busy, I remember you saying you weren't going to get into the science so much anymore on the forums these days.

How did the exams go?  You a fully licensed personal trainer yet?

Andreas Bolz

What's your knee angle at the turning point of Shrimp Squats? For me, it's pretty much 90 degrees, as my legs are slightly above parallel :(. In squats they say to not do that angle. Does the same apply to a single leg bodyweight version?

Whether or not to go below parallel or past your toe is a highly debateable topic.

You either shunt more of the work to the hip or the knee. It also depends on how flexible your ankle and hips are.

My shrimp squat is less than 90 degrees vertical angle, past my toe with a slight lean of my torso back knee touching the floor. Hip is roughly parallel and it would only go A2G if I did it off a box of some sorts.

Pistol SLS is generally going to be at a similar angle of the knee to the toe though many people's back will round at the bottom and the leg will not stay at the same level as the top on the way up (bad form).

Joshua Naterman

Whether or not to go below parallel or past your toe is a highly debateable topic.

You either shunt more of the work to the hip or the knee. It also depends on how flexible your ankle and hips are.

My shrimp squat is less than 90 degrees vertical angle, past my toe with a slight lean of my torso back knee touching the floor. Hip is roughly parallel and it would only go A2G if I did it off a box of some sorts.

Pistol SLS is generally going to be at a similar angle of the knee to the toe though many people's back will round at the bottom and the leg will not stay at the same level as the top on the way up (bad form).

it also depends heavily on how your legs are proportioned.

• Upvote 1