Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

broken little finger

jim turner

jim turner

Hi , I've been waiting patiently whilst a sprained right wrist mended to restart handstand work. Its pretty much fixed and then last night I manged to break my little finger on the left :( . I'm keen not to lose condition in my arms and shoulders. Any advice on ways I can work a littlw whilst it mends or should I just continue being patient.... thank you.

Tape it to the ring finger.

When I mangled my pinky and got all dislocated/broken, I did this but I basically would hang from a bar with the pinky free. 

On floor and parallettes it was easy to do the same.

Floor was tender but still not too bad. Just gotta be careful about banging it against anything or many swear words come out.

FREDERIC DUPONT

Sprained wrist, broken pinkie... tell us more about what is going on in your life Jimbo... :)

• Upvote 3

jim turner

thanks Blairbob I will try this, in a few days its too swollen at present.

Ha ha Fred, my life is fantastic fun mostly!! I fell skateboarding sometime ago to sprain my wrist and then yesterday I managed to land upside down trampolining and when I got up my finger wasn't the right shape anymore :unsure:

• Upvote 1

Mikael Kristiansen

Tape the finger and work on elbowstands for example. A lot of the same principles apply and it will develop your sense of balance and proprioception upside down. I do this every time I have sore wrists. My right arm has been bothered a bit due to not having had 1 day off handstands in probably a month or so. Im also in a rehearsal period(not rehearsing handstands) so i cant really rest right now. It will probably be healed with 2 days off.

This is the result of my right wrist problem and messing around on the elbow instead

• Upvote 2

jim turner

thanks handbalancer I'll try that ... probably not as impressively as your clip though!!