Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My Perfect Nutrition 2013 Toughts,Paleo,Expirence (Must see,comment)

Delyan Dido Dimitrov

Delyan Dido Dimitrov

Hi.I`ve been quite in in nutrition for 2,3 years.Litteraly tried everything possible - all kinds of diets-paleo,counting calories,eating 5-6 times a day,tried low carb diet,high carb diet,fasting.Here are some of my toughts and expiriences i gadered to make my best nutrition so far.First of all i need to say my bodytype is ednomorph-i gain muscle and fat fast,losing fat very hard,my bones structure is big bones,and i squat heavy,i have big legs (i can now ATG squat more than double my bodyweight).First of all here are the questions that i had a long time to find the answers:

1-Gymnastics training (acrobatic and strenght) -they bought requires a lot of energy how accuratley to know my calories?
Answer:As knowing as gymnastic is a anaerobic sport you need to consume between 2000-2500 calories.
1.6-1.8g protein per kg,5-7g carbs per kg,rest is fat.

2-Can i eat junk food,sugar stuff and bad foods and still get the best results?
Answer:Im currently on Paleo diet-eating lean meats,egg whites,oatmeal,fruits and veggies,brown rice,sweet potato,beans,nuts - Foods that were exited long before the "lazy generation"(sweet stuff,enriched foods,chocolates).Yes you can eat bad foods and get results its just not worth it to give up 500calories for a choclate - its much,it gives you nothing,and imagine before people didnt have these bad foods thats why the majorty were far stronger than people today.You can eat wheat bread,(personally i prefer not to,its up to you)

3-How much carbs i need for recovery?
Answer-Typicly after workout your brain your CNS is tired,you crave some carbs (i know that feeling).You are telling yourself all kinds of stupid exuces (will my body recover from my workout).The truth is you need first to wait 30-60 minutes after taking any food(supplements or natural) after your workout to not stop Groth hormone.Carbs are important - take 30 g to maximum 80g post workout-its enough.Overeating wont help your recovery.Always try to combine in a meal - protein,carbs,(if carbs alone make it a snack only 15g-20g) and some friendly fat (omega 3,tbps peanut butter).

4-Sould i drink a lot of water ? Yes,drink alot of water make it like 3 liters or a gallon a day.Helps digesting,burns fat,gives you energy

5.Weight Height rations-If im big and very lean will i feel "heavy" in bodyweight exercices ?
Answer:I tried it,you have to find your ratio - The heavyes gymnast at top level is Brandon Wynn.170sm tall,~74kg personal weight- thats the heavyest i know,and he is beast,but the majorty of the gymnast are -100 or - 102 from their height.For exemple 170sm tall -68 kg,70 kg LEAN muscles.

6.Losing fat is it equal for everyone ?
Answer in my opinion not.Some of my friends can lose fat,really easy,for me that is a hard job to do.The best way i found is called intermittent fasting.Its not a diet its a diffrent type of eating trough the day-Typicly 16 hours (with your sleep) no eating,and 8 hours eating window when you have to eat all your calories for the day.Always go to bed hungry.My expirince show this-i dont lose any strenght,only fat,i feel LIGHT during my workout,i have energy and im focused on my workout.You wont lose any muscles.You have to not eat for more than 48 hours,that your body starts to eat muscle and bones,other time its eating fat.

7.Try to eat a salad or a green veggies everyday-helps digesting track,its good for your helth.

8.Supplements-I tried a lot of supplements i tell you wich ones works good for me.
Glutamine- i feel it quickly going into my body,its not breaking your fast,its makes me start the day good.
Protein powder-Helps recovery have a lot of protein 23g in just 30g serving
Kre Alkalyn instead of Creatine - i feel it gives me energy,it retains less water its cheap if you take 2 pills a day.
Omega 3-a perfect source of good fats
Calcium-helps my fight muscle sorness
Gliucosamine-works perfect to fight joints paint,and its the best for connective tissue.
Muscle pharm re con (carb/bcaa powder) - i felt recovering better when starting to used this.
Bcaa-feeling great,no calories in it,helps recovery
Green tea extract-helps boost metabolism,works with fighting fat and its natural
Fat burners- fat burners works like magic-it gives a lot of energy,you dont crave food so much.But i stoped used them,because they have stimulats and im really sensitive to caffeine-problem is when stoping them i feel my results going down.

My nutrition plan:
16 hours not eating,8 hours eating window.Some times 24 hours not eating ( when overdo calories the day before).Making your eating window small will make your fat loss results better.
Before bed i take 10g of glutamine,1 pill glicosamine and 1 pill calcium
When waking up-10g of glutamine,1 pill gliucosamine
Depends on hunger cravings i drink bcaa if needed (0 calories wont break the fast effect)
When 16 hours are finished ( i workout fasted always) i take (carbo/bcaa supplement)+protein 30-60 minutes after my worout is done.1-2 hours later a meal (protein+carbs+fats).2-3 hours later the same sometimes i workout twice a day so i take bcaa postworkout.After the late night training-bcaa/protein/veggies and not more than 30-80max carbs also some fat.Depends on time and workout i take one more meal - only protein.All that in the calorie count ofcource.
Here are a meal plan - only 1700kcal - 131g of protein,193 g of carbs,39 g of fat
-Muscle pharm Recon
-Protein powder
-Pasta 100g (weight before cooking,cooked like 250g)
-Salmon or fish 100g
-Egg whites 200g
-Oat meal - 100g
-Veggies//salad
-Beans 100g (boiled,no salt added)
-low fat curd/cottage chese
-table spoon peanut butter
Thats more than enough and you have 300kcal to 800kcal bonus to add something you love.

That works for me,i feel great.I wanted to share my toughts,and the most important thing -
Comment what are your problems,or questions when struggling with your diet !
Wish you luck,hope this helps :) Peace

• Upvote 1

Delyan Dido Dimitrov

Im absolutely serious,why you think im making a joke or something,i wont lose my time to write all of this if i didnt expirence this and didnt see the benefits...lol

• Upvote 1

Andrew Long

Interesting to see someone's eating habits and ideas about nutrition in relation to gymnastic training but anyone reading this don't take what he says as fact. Probably didn't mean it this way but it sounds like broscience. This is just his opinion of things.

Andrew Long

Like you said it's a personal experience but a lot of the things you say make it sound like nutrional facts not assumptions made on personal experience

FREDERIC DUPONT

Im absolutely serious,why you think im making a joke or something,i wont lose my time to write all of this if i didnt expirence this and didnt see the benefits...lol

Thank you for sharing your experience then Delyan Dido Dimitrov  :)

Welcome to the forum.

Delyan Dido Dimitrov

Thats not a broscience.Thats my knolege gathered from coaches,studying and testing what i`ve red in the books,and most important-advices by pro coaches in gymnastics,my country and from the world.Anyway thats really disapointed for me to read that your opinion on so much truth is broscience...I wanted to help but anyway,in life when you do good,people never appreciate.But haters are everywhere i saw comments that were in argue with Gregor that is a top gymnast and know and test so much about nutrition,so BROscientist are everywhere.If you think some scientist will come here to this forum and tell you this is the best see our research you are wrong brother.
If i wanted to show off,i wouldt make a new topic i would rather hate comenting on every nutrition thread.I wrote what i`ve learned,to save some time for people passioned like me,that are litterally ready to do everything to perfect their trainings.Call me broscience but you never try,you never know.

• Upvote 1

Andrew Long

I fully appreciate what you wrote but I would be an idiot to take it all in as fact. You provided no reference for your statements. I didn't say it was broscience I said it sounds like it. If I said oh hey I have learnt that eating milk combined with beans was really good for what ever reason and supplied no other reference except " I learnt this from so and so" then people would be fools to listen to me. Again I appreciate everything you wrote and I apologies if it came across as hating but that was not my intention at all.

Joshua Naterman

I just want to know why my article is used in the topic, when it is not even referenced. That's just confusing for me.

Justifications that I see for people making broscience comments:

1) BCAAs have calories. They are amino acids. 4 kcal per gram raw, and around 3 kcal per gram when adjusting for thermic effect of food.

2) Blanket statement made about calories. That, all by itself, is broscience. You can't say "Oh, you're a gymnast so you need X calories." You have to take their entire day's worth of activities, as well as their recovery status, into account, or you are tossing broscience salad. (salad may be edited out, I don't know)

3) You think that growth hormone, in physiological doses during a 30 minute window, has a relevant effect on your recovery. You clearly are not familiar with how quickly growth hormone levels fall after eating, what the chain of events are that lead up to actual protein synthesis, or what the actual effects that growth hormone has on muscular tissue are. Again, broscience. All legitimate studies I am aware of suggest that this is an irrelevant argument in terms of actual contractile tissue gained.

4) Your comments on the supplements. I'm not going to waste my time on each one, but the short version is that your descriptions have little to no accurate description of the majority of how these things actually work in your body.

These describe the concept of broscience: You take your experiences, things you've read here and there, and form opinions that do not accurately reflect the basic things that we KNOW FOR SURE are true.

Experience is important, but when someone makes statements like what you have made it means one thing: You don't actually understand what you have done to your body, or why it has worked. Now, you don't NEED to understand how it works if all you want is to do something that gets you the results you want... all you have to do is eat good foods, get enough energy, get your protein in the right dosages, and work out without overtraining. 

However, if you want to tell people how things work, what this and that does in your body, or why you need to wait X minutes before eating, you absolutely have to start off by developing a really good, solid grounding in basic physiology and human metabolism. From there, you're going to have to learn how to read research. That is kind of boring, but once you know what you're looking at you will see that the majority of what is published about human performance is, to some degree or other (usually more rather than less), crap. It is not easy, at all, to know what to believe.

There's no shame in not knowing that you didn't know this stuff super solidly, but I can see that you have a real passion for this stuff so I absolutely believe that now is the best time for accepting that you don't have the best foundation (yet) for understanding what's happening, because if you did you would not have made around 70% of the statements that you made. Once you do this, you'll be able to really start learning quite quickly, because I've given you the road map to really developing a good foundation for knowing what is actually happening... it is underlined in the previous paragraph.

I applaud your enthusiasm, I seriously think that true passion is in short supply these days! I also want to congratulate you on doing a good job with the basics of your nutrition. You're eating whole foods, avoiding garbage, and getting carbs+fats+protein at most feedings. You also realize that different people respond to different plans, at least to a certain degree. That is important, because while the true basics are literally true for everyone (even if some people have medical conditions that prevent them from being able to safely implement these basics), the details that will govern how people apply these basics to their lives are going to vary a bit from one person to another.

I strongly believe that you are capable of obtaining even better results once you learn what you need to know to truly understand what is happening, so keep that passion burning!

• Upvote 4

Delyan Dido Dimitrov

Thank you for your opinion and advices.Im not here to argue,i will continue to enrich my knolage thank you.Some of the things i`ve wrote Josh taked too exact,some for the calories,and the time waiting it depends,but its a close to the truth,thats the mediocare time/quantity.Im sorry for the title,didnt know what other name to give it.With 2 words to end this topic - keep train and progress,and thats my advice for all-TRY and DO,see what really works,test it and you will make your results better.Not always what label says is what the product gives or do.Peace

Joshua Naterman

Thank you for your opinion and advices.Im not here to argue,i will continue to enrich my knolage thank you.Some of the things i`ve wrote Josh taked too exact,some for the calories,and the time waiting it depends,but its a close to the truth,thats the mediocare time/quantity.Im sorry for the title,didnt know what other name to give it.With 2 words to end this topic - keep train and progress,and thats my advice for all-TRY and DO,see what really works,test it and you will make your results better.Not always what label says is what the product gives or do.Peace

Agreed.

By the way, I know that English probably isn't your first, or even second, language, and I think you did a really good job of trying to describe your ideas.

I don't think anything is an argument until people start getting emotional. Talking about facts and opinions with open hears and a willingness to accept something that makes sense, regardless of who says it or how uncomfortable it is to accept, is just a debate, and I think debates are good :)

We all learn from conversations like this one, so don't feel bad about anything you wrote!

Samuli Jyrkinen

Great post Joshua Naterman. Dimitrov is clearly genuine with the knowledge he is offering, but unfortunately this case is exactly one of the good examples why internet is full of half-baked nutrition info and theories.

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.