Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HS Hula Hoop

Karri Kytömaa

Karri Kytömaa

This is mainly pointed to Yuri and Handbalancer but even some not as proficient might satisfy my curiosity.

I met today one girl who is really good with hula hoops and she has started training HS. Atm she can hold an ugly banana HS for maybe half a minute. I gave her some tips for working on alignment, but the real question is that how hard is it to combine HS with hoop? I'd guess insanely difficult since I've never seen it but given how amazing you are...

Essentially I wish you guys to try it out and entertain us with a video  :D

Jon Douglas

Mm, when I was in cirque I dated another contortionist who was amazing with hoops. She could perform Elena Lev's Alegria act almost perfectly, and had some sort of avoidance issue with wearing too many clothes at any one time.

I have no idea about her training or anything, I just thought it was a great story.

• Upvote 1

Mikael Kristiansen

the hula hoop girls do that all the time, but its usually spinning the ring on the feet or legs while in handstand. They usually do contortion style handstands in wide side spilts when they spin it. its probably not very hard if you just practice spinning the ring on your foot lying on the floor or in headstand and then do it in handstand. Of course you need to be able to mess around a lot in handstands to be able to try it.

this isnt hoop spinning, but it made me think of this. Look at the final trick. Probably one of the ugliest things i have seen, but damn it is insane. Once again, its chinese of course

• Upvote 1

Arevik Seyranyan also has an hoop-act, which contains two handstand-sequences.

The longer one is at circa 5:00.