Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Grow your own veggies!

Anze Merhar

Anze Merhar

From your window(s)*! Check this out (a few years old, but recently thought about it and thought I'd share):

http://www.ted.com/talks/britta_riley_a_garden_in_my_apartment.html

Their website is here (check their d-i-y and our. section):

http://www.windowfarms.com/

I'd also like to add, have some flowers around for the bees that are so busy pollinating our greens.

*No, I don't mean the operating system.

• Upvote 3

Joel Tomkins

I tried growing my own food for a while. I gave up when my dog ate my tomatoes just before they were ready for picking, when he pulled out my herbs and when he knocked over my pots for the 50th time!

The herbs were really handy though!

Marcos Mocine-McQueen

Good links. That's a cool system but there are tons of great "apartment garden" ideas out there. This particular model would fall in the category of a "vertical garden". It's great for apartments because like a skyscraper, it builds upwards packing a lot into a small footprint. If folks are interested they should Google "DIY vertical garden" and you'll get plenty of cool ideas. While I've got a traditional garden going in Japan, I'm planning to get going on a pallet based garden and a shoe holder garden when I return to the states.

Those who have a green median between their sidewalk and the street can also plant some cool gardens while modeling healthy living.

Daniel Shields

I just wrapped up a Kickstarter project today to do my first Permaculture farm. So far everything is going great. 

I dream about the day I can sustain my workouts with fresh, beyond-organic food grown on site. The day is drawing closer and closer.

If you're interested in checking out my project, the site is www.CultivateAbundance.com Its still just starting up, but I should be creating a lot of content over the course of the Summer.

Anze Merhar

I tried growing my own food for a while. I gave up when my dog ate my tomatoes just before they were ready for picking, when he pulled out my herbs and when he knocked over my pots for the 50th time!

The herbs were really handy though!

Heh, we had a dog like that. Old English shepherd or bobtail. My mum would be all happy and "Tomorrow I'll go pick the tomatoes!". Next day, there would be no more tomatoes...

But with the window farm, there's less risk of the dog pulling out plants! Unless you happen to have a curious cat as well...

• Upvote 1

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.