Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Comeback after long rest (new routine)

Jhaek

Hello there!I'm writing this topic in order to ask if my new routine (after one year of almost no exercise) will bring me to my goals, so I'd be grateful if you could share your opinions about it.My goals are the freestanding handstand,straddle L,single legs squat and overall flexibility.

Everyday before workout I do leg strenght training
Squats 10x3
Hamstring rises 10x3
Calf rises 20x3

(I do these as a superset)

Straddle L (bent legs) 15sec x4

After the workout I do this flexibility routine - http://agt.degreesofclarity.com/stretching/

Day 1

Ido's shoulder ROM and stabilization routine

Pull-ups 5x3
Dips 5x3
Wrist PU 10x3
Shoulder dislocates

Day 2

FL(tuck) pull-ups 5x3
Planche(tuck)push-ups 5x3
Wrist PU 10x3
Wall slides (on the floor, my flexibility is bad and I cant move my arms upwards so I just hold them in the starting position) 10sec x2

Day 3 

Curls 5x3

Wall Handstand 15sec x4
Wrist PU 10x3
Shoulder dislocates

Day 4

rest

Then I start again from day 1.I know something is missing and that's why I'd like opinions if possible.Thanks!

FREDERIC DUPONT

Have you looked at the Foundation & Handstand series? :)

They might be the shortest road to your come back and attaining your goals.

Karl Kallio

I'd say it's worth it.  The progressions are well designed so it saves you time and will probably help prevent injuries and get you going faster.  Unless you're living in a cardboard shack half starving and saving up for the eye operation that will let you see again I'd recommend making a sacrifice and saving up.

Keilani Gutierrez

I've seen some pages from F1 but atm I can't afford it. :)

then just work on your basics. trust us, go back to using Hollow Holds, superman arch holds, pb support, dead hangs, go back to the pre-reqs and make it the focus of your training until you get F1. 

before leaving to a business convention on Thursday, I had taken a moment and played around in my workout area(taking a break from packing) and I performed a 7-8sec body lever negative as a strength test. several months ago, i could not come close to this and check my sig, according to Foundation(al) strength standards, im a raw beginner. 

go back to basics, polish those basics until you -can- afford F1. you will understand when you get the course. 

Handstand every day. Most gymnasts will work some form of HS work every day.

Pre-team gymnasts roughly workout 2-3x per week, HS every day. Beginning team gymnasts, 3-4x/week. HS every day. Intermediate to Advanced gymnasts, 4-6x/week. HS every day.

If you can do Tuck Planche Pushups or FL pullups still after a year off, you have got some strength.

Still a good idea to go through the basics as a warmup. If you are strong, then this stuff is easy. If you're not...well you need to be doing this stuff.