Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Intermediate planche progressions

htaehxela

hey guys,

I am currently using advanced tuck planche push ups and have hit a plateau, so i tried to progress onto half lay straddle planche holds but i was too weak for that.

anyway i discovered and intermediate (image attached) and was wandering whether you guys thought it was worth training.

thankyou

post-3598-0-40988000-1370810135_thumb.jp

if it is good, what would it be called?

I've seen people use this an intermediate progression.

It's just a bent leg straddle planche. That's high. With slightly bent arms.

Try opening your advanced tuck by 5 degrees so long as you can do it with locked arms at horizontal.

Joshua Naterman

Word on what Zach said.

I think that you aren't really fully prepared for direct planche training, which is why the transition is difficult for you. The progressions in F1 are specifically designed to ensure that the common weak link, which is an under-prepared serratus anterior, is never going to be an issue. Of course you also lock in good form, so that isn't an issue either.

If you're really serious about achieving this stuff, and continuing to make forward progress, I think that you should get on Foundation with the rest of us. We're all making progress.

• 4 weeks later...

cheers for the advise guys, im going to go all the way back to the tuck planche and get my strength and the quality perfect before i move on