Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Introducing the King of the Forum Challenge

Scott Malin

Coach Sommer

... Also - do I get some kind of honorary title for providing some morbid entertainment??

Court Jester.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 8

Jon Douglas

My count is 40 seconds being strict, I can't honestly say whether my feet came apart at the end there. My counter counted 42, so judge will rule on that one ^_^

Feet together is a LOT harder than I expected! Think this is the first time I've tried feet together *and* that close.

Think I could definitely do substantially better with a bit of practise. But hey, first time challenge! :)

Edit;

I think I could quickly get this up to more like 50-60 seconds fairly quickly, but I'm off tonight until after close of entries >.< so this is my first and last chance to be in. Enjoy your advantage while you have it...

:P

• Upvote 2

Jon Douglas

The fun of it comes with the "on-demand" strength. You don't get a chance to train for it. This occurring at the end of the seminar and after a small taste of the Hungarian circuit, this was intense. I love it. I look forward to the other challenges to come.

I know, I'm totally kidding around :) Still, if this one comes up again sometime I'll be better prepared!

I'm also more competitive than I care to admit, and this was humbling. No denying you are a strong guy Zach, and the handbalancers get a renewed round of respect from my end for the work that takes.

Here is my 2nd attempt on my left arm. That mirror is a bit slippery! Consistent times though.

• Upvote 1

Stefan Hinote

Surprised myself with 21 seconds.  And then I fell.  And my kneecaps... well just watch.

I'm fine - my knees still work just fine, but they're aching pretty good (yes that was solid concrete they landed on) and I expect to have some bruising tomorrow.

So let that be a warning to you - maybe set up some padding to your sides if you're not used to balancing on one arm.

Also - do I get some kind of honorary title for providing some morbid entertainment??

As you walk away I imagine the thoughts: "Coach Sommer that son of a !!!!!"

:lol:

Nicolas Arlinghaus

First attempt today think its 1:13 or so... not too happy with the form though going to give it another shot tomarrow or leter on today

• Upvote 3

Coach Sommer

- Nicely done. However it will need to be reshot with a ruler to establish wrist distance from the wall.

- For everyone else, remember that multiple entries are not only allowed, but encouraged. It is not who jumps into the lead at the beginning that matters most, but rather who is leading at the end.

- An end to this particular contest has not yet been established, so let's get those entries in!

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 1

Eric Heiden

- it will need to be reshot with a ruler to establish wrist distance from the wall.

I attempted this again with a proper 6" measure (and plenty of padding nearby this time) and couldn't even get my hand off of the ground.

This makes a huge difference.

• Upvote 1

FREDERIC DUPONT

No one has beaten Zach yet? 

Some, including Zach have already stated that they will wait the last minute to upload new videos for the challenge... I think that the closing date should be kept secret and rather close so people will just "git'er done" and not try to game the system. :)

• Upvote 2

Scott Malin

Some, including Zach have already stated that they will wait the last minute to upload new videos for the challenge... I think that the closing date should be kept secret and rather close so people will just "git'er done" and not try to game the system. :)

That's nice, but we're looking for a King, not a little boy waiting for his manhood by submitting last minute ;)

• Upvote 2

FREDERIC DUPONT

That's nice, but we're looking for a King, not a little boy waiting for his manhood by submitting last minute ;)

LOL - OUCH! Don't be the last to submit ! :D

Keilani Gutierrez

LOL - OUCH! Don't be the last to submit ! :D

Uba Tsuki written all over that, right Fred?  B)

• Upvote 1

Keilani Gutierrez

Hey...all you gotta do is beat Josh. 

An error occurred

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Leo Trinidad

here's my video.

*if i am correct, i think my time is 2:00 minus 34 secs.

Rikke Olsen

I just tried it out today. I've never done one-arm HSs, but I actually managed to stand for 30s on my right arm, legs together.

Let's not talk about the left arm. I'll just say I have something to work on... including all the other things.

I've got you at 1min 22s starting from when your feet come together, till your hand hits the floor (since feet stayed together)

No matter what you are the current leader pending Coach Sommer's thumbs up.

But rumour has it Zach is posting another 'fresh' attempt soon.

• Upvote 1

Leo Trinidad

I've got you at 1min 22s starting from when your feet come together, till your hand hits the floor (since feet stayed together)

No matter what you are the current leader pending Coach Sommer's thumbs up.

But rumour has it Zach is posting another 'fresh' attempt soon.

Thanks Cole Dano. I am happy with the result and I am sure it will not last long but i will savor the moment..  :)

Nigel Leeming

Getting back to training after a dodgy back, I didn't think I had much of a chance. I got into position to try it out and felt pretty strong, so fetched my camera and managed to crank out 1m24s by my reckoning. On my right arm too, which is normally weaker. Maybe the rest has done me some good, although I'm a few kg heavier. The video's a bit poor, and I kept trying to move my left hand so you can tell it's continuous, but that's hard to concentrate on when your shoulder's slowly exploding. If anyone can tell mw how to post a youtube video I'd be grateful.

http://youtu.be/eqUF0XMesEM

• Upvote 3

Talk about squeaking into the lead, beats Leo by 2s, if only Leo had put his feet together before he lifted his hand. ;)

• Upvote 2

Mats Trane

so fetched my camera and managed to crank out 1m24s by my reckoning. 

Nigel, how did you get that counter in the right hand corner? Was it from the camera or som feature youtube has?