Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Introducing the King of the Forum Challenge

Scott Malin

ADRIANO FLORES CANO

I just saw the video on facebook and here now and it's impressive the good mood that it feels with that type of things. It's normal that we love this community. 

I'm in, it will be interesting!

Alessandro Mainente

i'll try tonight after the gymnastic training...

Alessandro Mainente

i hope you will accept my failure... :lol:

Alessandro Mainente

i did not resist to try it when i returned from my last gymnastic training before the competition...i hit 55 seconds, i'm uploading the video...the hardest thing was find the balance and the beginning...and i noticed that the left arm is more weak..

• Upvote 1

Alessandro Mainente

that's my attempt, i used a weighted plate to stay at the same distance.

i hope the video is good, sorry if the end is anticipated by my brother was filming...

i liked that challenge (as the last against Mats in finland  :D  :D ), o course was a great opportunity to evaluate some things

-my left arm is the weaker (i hold on it only 31 seconds)

-i didn't practice OAH since January due to supraspinatus problem, but right shoulder is healed very good

-i found a sort of bone alignment in the first 30 seconds...but as soon i lost it to adjust the balance the effort became bigger bigger anf bigger

- i hope you like my socks  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

-probably i'll try again next week..far away from internal gymnastic test..

-zach is definitely a monster!!!!!!

http://youtu.be/XPKj7kk3ags

• Upvote 2

Eric Heiden

Surprised myself with 21 seconds.  And then I fell.  And my kneecaps... well just watch.

I'm fine - my knees still work just fine, but they're aching pretty good (yes that was solid concrete they landed on) and I expect to have some bruising tomorrow.

So let that be a warning to you - maybe set up some padding to your sides if you're not used to balancing on one arm.

Also - do I get some kind of honorary title for providing some morbid entertainment??

Edit:  Tried doing this again with a tape measure and couldn't even get my hand off the ground - this must have been something more like 10 inches from the wall.  Oh well... something to work towards.

• Upvote 6

Keilani Gutierrez

you get my vote of manliness for that! #bows

seriously, i've hit both knees on the tiniest corner of my elementary stem on my bike TONS of times and the pain was always as horrible, so just watching your fall spelt an "uh-oh" and revisiting those times where i knicked the side of my knee.

the OAH attempt was pretty sweet :)

Elliot De Grey

Surprised myself with 21 seconds.  And then I fell.  And my kneecaps... well just watch.

Nice effort, haha. I'm guessing you'll be taking a few days off from your SLS training.

Mats Trane

i liked that challenge (as the last against Mats in finland  :D  :D

That challenge in Finland was alot of fun even though I just about killed myself to beat Alex. Alex beat me with about 1 foot. I had the advantage to go after Alex so I realy pushed my limits but Alex still beat me.

I´ll give it a try this weekend even though I never tried One arm wall hadstand but I guess it should be like wallruns?

Alessandro Mainente

for what i did OAH is better for some points cause if you lock the bones in a stack you can stay up without feeling tired, on the other hands if i do wall runs i stay more near to the wall and you don't need balance, or  in order to stay up you can move your hips on the side. in OAH the best thing is stay aligned always and not move only the hips.

for the rest since during one arm lift, the arm is resting for a bit, during OAH there is no rest, in terms of effort i see wall runs more similar to wall hs..

• Upvote 1

Guest SuperBru

I'm fine - my knees still work just fine, but they're aching pretty good (yes that was solid concrete they landed on) and I expect to have some bruising tomorrow.

So let that be a warning to you - maybe set up some padding to your sides if you're not used to balancing on one arm.

Also - do I get some kind of honorary title for providing some morbid entertainment??

Your feet have to be together;)

• Upvote 1

Eric Heiden

Nice effort, haha. I'm guessing you'll be taking a few days off from your SLS training.

Luckily I had just finished my SLS training for that day before attempting the challenge - today I'm hobbling a bit, but it might be possible to pick SLS training for this week back up on Saturday.

Your feet have to be together;)

Shucks!  Now my 21 seconds isn't going to win it...

But true - didn't notice that before I tried it - I also didn't measure the distance on my hands because I knew I wasn't going to win anything.  I might try again before the competition is over now that I know I can do at least 21 seconds (on my left side).

Jon Douglas

Luckily I had just finished my SLS training for that day before attempting the challenge - today I'm hobbling a bit, but it might be possible to pick SLS training for this week back up on Saturday.

Shucks!  Now my 21 seconds isn't going to win it...

But true - didn't notice that before I tried it - I also didn't measure the distance on my hands because I knew I wasn't going to win anything.  I might try again before the competition is over now that I know I can do at least 21 seconds (on my left side).

You definitely deserve some points for sheer guts :) limping off-camera, then filming other form checks? Simply badass.

yuri marmerstein

i think i may have to get in on this game

Pretty sure you're not allowed on this either, Sammy, if myself and Mikael are excluded

Not sure how many people on this forum know who you are though

• Upvote 1

Eric Heiden

You definitely deserve some points for sheer guts :) limping off-camera, then filming other form checks? Simply badass.

Haha I filmed those other form checks first - and then had the accident on the last one.

I mean wait no nevermind you're right I'm badass.  :ph34r:

• Upvote 4

Sammy Dinneen

Pretty sure you're not allowed on this either, Sammy, if myself and Mikael are excluded

Not sure how many people on this forum know who you are though

Shhhh yuri lol that's not fun. I was going to use at as good conditioning for me because I don't do that wall anymore

Hey you can still submit a video and give the 'regular folks' something to chase.

Maybe you and Yuri can have a private battle. 

• Upvote 1

Jon Douglas

Hey you can still submit a video and give the 'regular folks' something to chase.

Maybe you and Yuri can have a private battle. 

How bout incorporating two-tier challenges, one for pros and one for the rest of us? :)